SRA International Reviews

Reset

1. Great company that strives to be on the leading edge

Former Employee - Information Engineer in O'Fallon, IL
    Former Employee - Information Engineer in O'Fallon, IL

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work assignments, good teamwork, chances for advancement if you are qualified

Cons

Work as a government contract can be stressful due to re-compete of contracts. Benefits while comparable could be better

2. Great Company to work for!

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

The Competitive compensation is pretty good. Tuition Assistance is great incentive and it pushes the employee to get good grades (the higher the grade the more SRA reimburses the employee for tuition). 401(k)

Cons

Some of the benefits have been cut over the years. Everything is combined when it comes to vacation/sick leave days.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep the work environment comfortable for all. Continue to bring on qualified individuals that will contribute to the SRA vision. Doing a great job!!

3. Work Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International

Pros

They treat their employees very good, with care.

Cons

I did not find any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. It started out ok but got worse and worse.

Former Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International

Pros

I can't think of any at least not if you're working for HR and Recruiting

Cons

treated like a number and not valued especially by the HR team The majority of the recruiting leadership team has no recruiting experience and they keep introducing new programs that made our job harder

Advice to Management

Review your HR and recruiting leadership team and what they are doing and then compare that to what other companies are doing and I think you'll be surprised by how your own organization is making things worse

6. SRA Average

I worked at SRA International

Pros

good company, benefits were ok.

Cons

management could be better but depends on team.

No Mobility / Ignorant Management

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The workload is thankfully light and the schedule, but everything else is a nightmare of high expectaions with no communication.

Cons

Four managers have come and gone in the past 3 years, none of whom communicate what they want or how they want things done. The current manager doesn't even talk to his employees and refuses to learn the processes for our mission. When the positioned opened three of my team members and I applied, each with 5+ years in the position in roles of heavy responsibility, and we were all rejected for an outsider with no experience in a Problem Management role. It has become clear that there is no chance for upward mobility in the organization and time to look elsewhere for employment.

Advice to Management

You have valuable assets at your disposal which are simply withering on the vine.

8. Very Disappointed how I was treated by management.

Former Employee - Site Supervisor Enrollment Assistance Center in Cliffside Park, NJ

I worked at SRA International (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my job. I loved managing people. And those who worked for me praised my management style. Even my managment praised my management style during enrollment

Cons

I received a good review and my site was 2nd in enrollments with 50 employees. Management waited until enrollment was over and they did not need me anymore. Then they set up a way to get rid of me by appointing me committee chairperson and judging me unfairly It was very obvious. They did not use the same criteria in judging others. Also favoritism was shown to others

Advice to Management

Don't preach about working on teams when your goals is to destroy teams. What a let down!!! Management has totally discouraged current team members with how they have treated former team members and how they show favoritism to certain team members.

No loyalty to employees with institutional knowledge.

Current Employee - Current Employee in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Current Employee in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. If appropriate, telecommuting is encouraged. Tuition assistance.

Cons

Not alot of advancement offered. PTO change announced 2 weeks before it happened. Most lost their accrued sick time.

Advice to Management

You have lost many of your best employees over the years. I hope greed is not the reason why.

Used to be better; good if you're desperate

Former Employee - Master Software Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Master Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Wide variety of positions available when you initially apply - Proposal work available for those interested

Cons

- If you're in IT, expect your skills to atrophy. To prevent this, switch contracts every 1-2 years. Expect a culture shock when you switch as the corporate culture is inconsistently applied. - Expect to take firm charge of your career direction. Your immediate management has no motivation beyond altruism to want to do anything other than to keep billing your time to the client for as long as possible. In fact, they may humiliate you when you are forced to tell them you want to switch contracts. - Be on the lookout for external opportunities. Despite what you may be told, there is no bench at SRA. Two weeks without a charge code and you're out the door, despite your prior stellar performance or your length of service. - Save all emails from the client, copy management on everything you send to the client, journal every interaction with the client. CYA, CYA, CYA. - Benefits have been cut to the bone. Expect further cuts. - Watch as your smarter/better positioned/more motivated colleagues leave after less than two years. Emulate their example.

Advice to Management

- Improve retention by providing meaningful skills improvement and training opportunities that *you* pay for. - Improve retention by providing a softer landing in between assignments. - Rein in your program management and project management staff. Collect anonymous feedback from your individual contributors about their project leadership to ensure that corporate values are being upheld and employees are being treated well. - Investigate employee complaints seriously. - Be willing to stick up for the employees in front of hostile government staff.

11. Tech

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

I dont have much negative to share.

RSS Feed </> Embed