SRP

www.srpnet.com

SRP Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
SRP – Mormon Lake – “Dam, that's beautiful!”

Mark Bonsall

Conservative

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsMostly friendly work environment. Great benefits, including education. You can to get your degree, partially paid for by the company. There are also opportunities for advancement for those that are motivated.

ConsAlthough being conservative has contributed to consistent earnings and minimal losses during economic downturns, I believe the company has missed opportunities by being slow to adopt new technological advances. They have been content with following instead of leading the way.

Big, bureaucratic, political environment

Project Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsInteresting technology and engineering environment
    Friendly place, lots of staff engagement
    very flexible work hours
    laid-back work environment
    good pay
    drive / support for self-improvement
    hard to be dismissed

Consbureaucratic
    underlying good-old-boy network politics
    hard for anyone to be dismissed

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off once in a while - even if the profitability will support carrying dead wood, morale among the motivated suffers as less qualified sycophants succeed with political skill and capable \ effective staff is ignored for lack of perceived social grace (political skill).
    Restructure IT significantly. There are wildly too many silos; effect is that any team trying to accomplish anything crosses several - each thinking that it's the dog and the others are the tail. Each believes it defines process, artifacts (what is useful to produce), deadlines, etc. Tower of Babel.

Great company but don't get too excited

Analyst (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe benefits, specifically health insurance, are amazing and they still offer a pension plan. The company is extremely involved in the community which makes me proud to say I work there. Most departments are family friendly

ConsIt is impossible to change anything because everyone is so set in their ways. As a new employee, your drive and creativity can quickly be crushed. In addition, they won't fire anyone....which means there is a ton of dead weight and those with good work ethic are tasked with picking up the slack. In some organizations, promotion is based on who you know and not what you know.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosstable work environment and good benefits

Consnone that i can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Fantastic Family!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, great atmosphere! Also, flexible for doctor appointments, etc.

ConsInsufficient communication throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate. Maybe install suggestion boxes.

Wonderful family centered company

Associate Computer Analyst (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsLess stressful job, good benefits

ConsPay is not top of the line

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

goo company to work at

Senior Computer Analyst (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosvery good company to work and veru laid back environment

Consnothing i can think off other than the cafeteria is not that good and no free coffee

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is good

Greatest place to work

Student (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsA lot of training, works with you're schedule and tuition reimbursement is definitely not a bad deal.

ConsNot a lot of jobs openings after graduating and sometimes can be very political

Enjoyed my time with SRP

Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Saint Johns, AZ

ProsThe people were great, good benefits, and they are good to their employees. I really enjoyed the time I spent with SRP and would welcome a permanant position with them.

ConsIt only thing I didn't enjoy was the town the plant was near (St. Johns, AZ). There isn't too much to do up there if you are a city slicker like me.

The culture of stability has its perks.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsYou can feel valued here. There are opportunities to shine, and most managers want to see you succeed. There's still a pension, combined with partial 401k matching.

ConsThe industry as a whole is slow-moving. There aren't too many opportunities to climb the career ladder with much speed; it's a slow, steady path that tends to offer opportunities for advancement. While that works for the purposes of the organization, you'll see some top performers going elsewhere.

Worked for SRP? Contribute to the Community!