SS&G

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert M. Littman

A great company that supports employees' professional growth & career development while focusing on their own expansion.

Tax Senior Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe career opportunities at SS&G are endless. The company encourages professional development at every staff level, including networking and client interaction even at the associate level. If you want to move up in the company, there are numerous opportunities to volunteer for leadership roles within the firm. Suggestions for every aspect of the client engagement or even firm procedures are welcomed by management which makes the employees feel connected to SS&G and feel as though they are directly aiding in the company's growth. The firm expands each year and becomes noticeably more active in developing their niches. The work life balance is significantly better than some firms, but there is still room to improve. Overall, it's an exciting time to be a part of SS&G.

ConsThe company is growing extremely fast and is still learning how to effectively manage all offices. Though paid time off is generous, 401K and salary compensation could be better.

Positive for real world tax season experience negative with office help, work environment and hitting budgeted time.

Taxation Intern (Former Employee)

ProsThe business experience, resume booster, working late hours 6 days a week for tax season give you a good sense of how hard you can work and how you can handle stress

ConsTraining was too fast, they left you on an island and rarely helped you because of the time constraint of tax season. Office gossip, patience, and the system of how they distributed work to each intern was not very efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time (maybe an extra day) on training with the new system, more assistance with the first couple weeks before you get swamped with tax returns. Don't give up on the intern, keep working with them, they are doing the best they can and want the best experience.

A great learning experience

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCo-workers are great, there are good options for young staff such as the Young Professionals Initiative. A lot of ways to increase your knowledge with seminars/conferences etc. The clientel is also good to work with. There are also fun events going on all the time with the company.

Cons401(k) match could be better, many others I know in the industry have better 401(k) matching from their employer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am proud to be an SS&G employee and can't imagine working anywhere else.

ProsEntreprenurial firm, collaborative environment, provides professional & personal growth and offers work life balance.

ConsThere are no cons only opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow and develop the future leaders of our organization and empower them along their way.

Good company but poor leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat entrepreneurial accounting firm. Family oriented culture

ConsLeadership not trustworthy. Big ego and says derogatory things about everyone behind their back

Good pace to work, just not for everyone

ProsGood corporate culture, friendly people

ConsLimited job growth and departments don't really talk with each other

Worked for SS&G? Contribute to the Community!