SSC Service Solutions

Add Photos

Don Williams

Hopeful for the future!

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe online job website has A LOT of job postings and opportunities throughout the organization. Member of the management team appear to be open and supportive of all employees desire to advance within the company.

ConsAfter submitting my resume to several jobs online (via the Compass/SSC website, I have yet to receive any feedback. I see that the jobs remain 'open' on the site; however, I cannot follow-up by resubmitting my resume or contacting anyone via the job website. The process is frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you acquire more accounts, be sure to grow your core administrative (payroll/hr/management) foundation strongly so the transition of new accounts into the Compass/SSC family goes smoothly.

Good company to work for.

ProsLarge company perks (as SSC is part of Compass Group, Support Services); decent benefits; most of the management and corporate staff are very friendly and helpful; opportunity exists to transition into other Compass Group companies

ConsNon-competitive vacation policy; very difficult to get a raise greater than the CPI; pay grade levels do not seem to be very consistent across any given position (considering regional costs of living, etc.); employees can be overlooked and miss promotion opportunities if they aren't persistent and vocal about promotion desire.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and promote talent more quickly; improve company-wide communication (both direct and company top-down communications).

Excellent Company until they were bought out by Compass Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsFor a medium size company there was a family atmosphere that existed. The mgmt used the fairness triangle - equal fairness to the customer, employees and company, that philosophy worked. It was a wonderful place to work.

ConsWas sold to the Compass Group. The fairness triangle is no longer in existence. It is the big fish eating up the little fishes. No compassion by management. Ethics no longer exists.

Advice to Senior ManagementTHEY SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD TO COMPASS GROUP!!!!. Beyond that - I believe it is too late for this company to be profitable or to be salvaged. The former owner is turning over in his grave because of the way that his "baby" has been handled. Shame on you

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel that SSC Service Solutions is falls short on providing the employee with advancement opportunities.

STAT Team Specialist (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe ability to work independently, gain business experience, leadership skills and management experience.

ConsLack of opportunities for advancement, pay is stagnant, unethical upper management especially in the K-12 Texas division, and a immoral human resources department.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to act on their mission statement and follow thru with positive intentions towards the backbone of it's operations, their employees'.

Very positive experience, everyone is very respectful and courteous!

Management Trainee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat staff, great work environment

Conspay could be better/ Everything else is fantastic

Advice to Senior ManagementMgmt doing excellent job! Very knowledgable

good place to start getting management experience

Contract Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompany had a above average benefits package that was replaced when Compass-USA took control.
    Good place to gt management experience, very flexible hours and depending on your regional manager you work by yourself most of time.
    advancement can be a challenge

ConsVery poor benefits to hourly makes finding qualified labor a challenge,
    If you have a bad refgional manager you are in trouble,
    budgets are so tight that bonuses are almost impossible to reach.

Advice to Senior Managementwalk the talk,

Very Good

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsPromotion from within if you have the abilities even if you lack a college degree.
    Teamwork, Ability to grow within the company, Hard work, dedication, and good supervision skills are rewarded with praise and greater freedom to make decisions

ConsLose vacation time yearly if not used, but that is not really bad
    No paid holiday's

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provided hourly employees with the opportunity to advance with the proper skills and dedication

Good Company to work for

ProsGood Benefits, used to be little better, but overall better than average. Competitive pay. Work with little supervision if our account does well.

ConsHard to grow, not much incentive to hourly employees making hard to motivate them

Advice to Senior Managementpay more attention to the managers on the field, give something to help motivate the hourly staff

Worked for SSC Service Solutions? Contribute to the Community!