SSC Service Solutions

Hopeful for the future!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The online job website has A LOT of job postings and opportunities throughout the organization. Member of the management team appear to be open and supportive of all employees desire to advance within the company.

Cons

After submitting my resume to several jobs online (via the Compass/SSC website, I have yet to receive any feedback. I see that the jobs remain 'open' on the site; however, I cannot follow-up by resubmitting my resume or contacting anyone via the job website. The process is frustrating.

As you acquire more accounts, be sure to grow your core administrative (payroll/hr/management) foundation strongly so the transition of new accounts into the Compass/SSC family goes smoothly.

Good company to work for.

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time

Pros

Large company perks (as SSC is part of Compass Group, Support Services); decent benefits; most of the management and corporate staff are very friendly and helpful; opportunity exists to transition into other Compass Group companies

Cons

Non-competitive vacation policy; very difficult to get a raise greater than the CPI; pay grade levels do not seem to be very consistent across any given position (considering regional costs of living, etc.); employees can be overlooked and miss promotion opportunities if they aren't persistent and vocal about promotion desire.

Recognize and promote talent more quickly; improve company-wide communication (both direct and company top-down communications).

Excellent Company until they were bought out by Compass Group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at SSC Service Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

For a medium size company there was a family atmosphere that existed. The mgmt used the fairness triangle - equal fairness to the customer, employees and company, that philosophy worked. It was a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Was sold to the Compass Group. The fairness triangle is no longer in existence. It is the big fish eating up the little fishes. No compassion by management. Ethics no longer exists.

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD TO COMPASS GROUP!!!!. Beyond that - I believe it is too late for this company to be profitable or to be salvaged. The former owner is turning over in his grave because of the way that his "baby" has been handled. Shame on you

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel that SSC Service Solutions is falls short on providing the employee with advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - STAT Team Specialist  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - STAT Team Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The ability to work independently, gain business experience, leadership skills and management experience.

Cons

Lack of opportunities for advancement, pay is stagnant, unethical upper management especially in the K-12 Texas division, and a immoral human resources department.

Management needs to act on their mission statement and follow thru with positive intentions towards the backbone of it's operations, their employees'.

Very positive experience, everyone is very respectful and courteous!

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff, great work environment

Cons

pay could be better/ Everything else is fantastic

Mgmt doing excellent job! Very knowledgable

good place to start getting management experience

Current Employee - Contract Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contract Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company had a above average benefits package that was replaced when Compass-USA took control.
    Good place to gt management experience, very flexible hours and depending on your regional manager you work by yourself most of time.
    advancement can be a challenge

Cons

Very poor benefits to hourly makes finding qualified labor a challenge,
    If you have a bad refgional manager you are in trouble,
    budgets are so tight that bonuses are almost impossible to reach.

walk the talk,

Very Good

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Promotion from within if you have the abilities even if you lack a college degree.
    Teamwork, Ability to grow within the company, Hard work, dedication, and good supervision skills are rewarded with praise and greater freedom to make decisions

Cons

Lose vacation time yearly if not used, but that is not really bad
    No paid holiday's

Continue to provided hourly employees with the opportunity to advance with the proper skills and dedication

Good Company to work for

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions

Pros

Good Benefits, used to be little better, but overall better than average. Competitive pay. Work with little supervision if our account does well.

Cons

Hard to grow, not much incentive to hourly employees making hard to motivate them

pay more attention to the managers on the field, give something to help motivate the hourly staff

Worked for SSC Service Solutions? Contribute to the Community!