SSC Service Solutions

I love working in the

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great work / life balance. They encourage you to use all of your vacation time each year to help ensure your focus on your family as well as work. Many people in our office have been with the company for 15+ years and have been able to be promoted from within the company.
    SSC takes the time to properly train new employees in their value system as well as the job skill set and have recruiting initiatives that focus on former Military and recent College grads which you don't see enough of anymore.

Cons

In a constant state of growth and with this come change. While change is not a con in itself many people fear it and react negatively for no reason.

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Custodial Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Custodial Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, many opportunities

Cons

if you have a bad regional manager you are in trouble

keep growing

One of the worst companies I have worked for in my 30 years of employment.

Current Employee - Porter in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Porter in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a 3rd shift job which fits my schedule perfectly and the work its self is easy enough. That is the only pros for this job from my point of view

Cons

Supervisors, on a regular basis, retaliate against you by denying you supplies, refusing to send you help if someone calls out. they also will not listen to anything you have to say unless it's, yes I can do that. All other comments are met with skepticism and attitude. If one employee breaks a rule they change the rules to punish the whole crew. The main supervisor deems himself to good to talk to a regular employee and you have to direct your issues to your immediate supervisor, which is ok until you have issues with your supervisor. They do not treat all employees equal. Supervisors regularly gossip about employees with other employees. The communication level is basicly 0.

Grow up.

Hopeful for the future!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The online job website has A LOT of job postings and opportunities throughout the organization. Member of the management team appear to be open and supportive of all employees desire to advance within the company.

Cons

After submitting my resume to several jobs online (via the Compass/SSC website, I have yet to receive any feedback. I see that the jobs remain 'open' on the site; however, I cannot follow-up by resubmitting my resume or contacting anyone via the job website. The process is frustrating.

As you acquire more accounts, be sure to grow your core administrative (payroll/hr/management) foundation strongly so the transition of new accounts into the Compass/SSC family goes smoothly.

Good company to work for.

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time

Pros

Large company perks (as SSC is part of Compass Group, Support Services); decent benefits; most of the management and corporate staff are very friendly and helpful; opportunity exists to transition into other Compass Group companies

Cons

Non-competitive vacation policy; very difficult to get a raise greater than the CPI; pay grade levels do not seem to be very consistent across any given position (considering regional costs of living, etc.); employees can be overlooked and miss promotion opportunities if they aren't persistent and vocal about promotion desire.

Recognize and promote talent more quickly; improve company-wide communication (both direct and company top-down communications).

Excellent Company until they were bought out by Compass Group

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

For a medium size company there was a family atmosphere that existed. The mgmt used the fairness triangle - equal fairness to the customer, employees and company, that philosophy worked. It was a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Was sold to the Compass Group. The fairness triangle is no longer in existence. It is the big fish eating up the little fishes. No compassion by management. Ethics no longer exists.

THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE SOLD TO COMPASS GROUP!!!!. Beyond that - I believe it is too late for this company to be profitable or to be salvaged. The former owner is turning over in his grave because of the way that his "baby" has been handled. Shame on you

I feel that SSC Service Solutions is falls short on providing the employee with advancement opportunities.

Current Employee - STAT Team Specialist in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - STAT Team Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The ability to work independently, gain business experience, leadership skills and management experience.

Cons

Lack of opportunities for advancement, pay is stagnant, unethical upper management especially in the K-12 Texas division, and a immoral human resources department.

Management needs to act on their mission statement and follow thru with positive intentions towards the backbone of it's operations, their employees'.

Very positive experience, everyone is very respectful and courteous!

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Houston, TX

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great staff, great work environment

Cons

pay could be better/ Everything else is fantastic

Mgmt doing excellent job! Very knowledgable

good place to start getting management experience

Current Employee - Contract Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contract Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company had a above average benefits package that was replaced when Compass-USA took control.
    Good place to gt management experience, very flexible hours and depending on your regional manager you work by yourself most of time.
    advancement can be a challenge

Cons

Very poor benefits to hourly makes finding qualified labor a challenge,
    If you have a bad refgional manager you are in trouble,
    budgets are so tight that bonuses are almost impossible to reach.

walk the talk,

Very Good

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at SSC Service Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Promotion from within if you have the abilities even if you lack a college degree.
    Teamwork, Ability to grow within the company, Hard work, dedication, and good supervision skills are rewarded with praise and greater freedom to make decisions

Cons

Lose vacation time yearly if not used, but that is not really bad
    No paid holiday's

Continue to provided hourly employees with the opportunity to advance with the proper skills and dedication