SSCG Media Group

Debbie Renner

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at SSCG Media Group (more than 10 years)

Pros

SSCG Media is a really a family. Employees' are cared about and treated extremely well. Managers have an open door policy and any time I have needed support or asked for help, they have been there for me. I feel I am set up for success and have the tools I need to do my job well. They have their employees' back! Managers work hard and lead by example. There is an opportunity to be exposed to all types of multichannel media which is exciting. We take advantage of tried and true but also are one step ahead and launch new offerings/technology. We are definitely considered a leader and experts in the field. We do things right and offer clients the best work possible and we have fun!

Cons

Not exactly a con but you will be busy, work hard and multitask.

It really doesn’t get any better than SSCG Media!

I have been working at SSCG Media Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I’m still blown away by this place. Everyone works so hard because they genuinely care about doing amazing work. The core values they talked about in my interview are “real” and not just lip service. I’ve been with several media agencies and have never been at a place that cares so much about their people, about fostering an environment of “good human beings” who respect each other, and about constantly evolving and improving themselves. They are way ahead of their competitors and I’m proud to be a part of it. Leadership is very forward thinking and works just as hard as everyone else -- if not harder. They really care - and it shows.

Cons

You work really hard. But then again, if you're dedicated and do a great job - there is huge career opportunity.

Thank you!

Good experience at SSCG

Former Employee - Digital Media Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Media Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time

Pros

I had a good experience with SSCG. My advice for some one new working there would be to work hard and participate and it will pay off. Very reasonable hours- only longer hours during planning season. They really try to make the workplace a positive environment with events and some learning opportunities.

Cons

Communication and processes could improve. Its probably part of the growing pains of a small company expanding quickly.

Each brand team, department, location functions a little differently for a small company so that could be the reason for some negative opinions and an area to work on. This company definitely has the opportunity to grow and succeed even more.

Great Team

I have been working at SSCG Media Group full-time

Pros

Unlike other agencies, SSCG does not have a crazy high rate of turnaround. In fact, I believe the average tenure here is 3 to 5 years, which is almost unheard of in the agency world. And after working here, I can see why. SSCG's team is smart and hardworking (you will not find better experts in the healthcare media space), but equally, they know how to have fun and the leadership here is committed to fostering a strong, positive company culture. On top of that, they genuinely care about the work-life balance of everyone on the team, and are always able to accommodate your needs.

Cons

You stay busy, but the work can ebb and flow. Some weeks are worse than others, which is pretty standard. You just have to be flexible and aware.

Black spot on my resume and maybe your too

Former Employee - Digital Media in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Media in New York, NY

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's really easy to get a job here because they don't know what they're hiring and if you stay 3 years you get to be called "vice president" of something and then you can hire people to do jobs you don't understand.

Cons

Personal Experience: My 3 bosses and 10 coworkers who thought they were my bosses all fought each other over the best way to destroy every campaign I ever created and if you work at SSCG, everyone outside the organization will question your competence because they assume the poor results being produced are being produced by you and they don't realize that everyone inside butchered your creations so your professional reputation will take a nosedive and you'll have no successful projects to put on your resume.

If you don't understand a channel, then outsource the work to a company who does because this is better than the strategy of hiring a person to manage a channel and then ruining that person's work and future prospects with your need to have input and the channels which SSCG does not know are SEO, SEM, email and anything related to conversion tracking and attribution.

What are your values? Fair, Ethical, family, fun? Your in the right place then.

Former Employee - Digital Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Operations in New York, NY

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Debbie Renner (smart) sets the tone of a fair, ethical, fun, and family supported work environment. They really care about you, and they work to see you succeed. Summer hours, lots of time off around the holidays, cool party's, free fruit, hands down best people on the planet to work with, Dave is awesome! Promote him!

Cons

Salary is not competitive with the industry, innovation is stagnant, clearly a "click" environment but if you are not in a click you still feel welcome and will excel with great work. This is a company you can retire with because the culture is so amazing. Ooh that is a pro... I loved this company and the people. I only left because of salary and my skills were not growing as the company is limited in what they can do.

Look at where you want the company to be in 10 years NOW, and set aside some man power to get there. Do not just maintain the current business, be pioneers and look at where the industry is trending. The new business will not only allow you to be more competitive in your salary range, but also make you GOD's in the space. I want to see this company succeed!

Clicky...worse than mean girls make sure to fake a smile

I have been working at SSCG Media Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

summer Fridays...get off at 1pm memorial day through labor day

Cons

This department is full of women the few men that were there left. It is a group of overly clicky highschool mentality people. All they do is have a few big accounts that bring in the money and the women just get promoted and pregnant thats it. If you want to pretend you have a career but you really just want a maternity leave go to SSCG.

DEBBIE RENNER is a complete scatter brain no idea what is going on half the time. she should be home with her kid instead of spending over nights in the hotel next door.

Okay, if you fit in....

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time

Pros

If you fit in everyone supports you and praises galore.

Cons

..If you don't it won't last long