SSCG Media Group

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
2.2

Debbie Renner

What are your values? Fair, Ethical, family, fun? Your in the right place then.

Former Employee - Digital Operations  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Operations in New York, NY

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Debbie Renner (smart) sets the tone of a fair, ethical, fun, and family supported work environment. They really care about you, and they work to see you succeed. Summer hours, lots of time off around the holidays, cool party's, free fruit, hands down best people on the planet to work with, Dave is awesome! Promote him!

Cons

Salary is not competitive with the industry, innovation is stagnant, clearly a "click" environment but if you are not in a click you still feel welcome and will excel with great work. This is a company you can retire with because the culture is so amazing. Ooh that is a pro... I loved this company and the people. I only left because of salary and my skills were not growing as the company is limited in what they can do.

Look at where you want the company to be in 10 years NOW, and set aside some man power to get there. Do not just maintain the current business, be pioneers and look at where the industry is trending. The new business will not only allow you to be more competitive in your salary range, but also make you GOD's in the space. I want to see this company succeed!

Black spot on my resume and maybe your too

Former Employee - Digital Media  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Media in New York, NY

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's really easy to get a job here because they don't know what they're hiring and if you stay 3 years you get to be called "vice president" of something and then you can hire people to do jobs you don't understand.

Cons

Personal Experience: My 3 bosses and 10 coworkers who thought they were my bosses all fought each other over the best way to destroy every campaign I ever created and if you work at SSCG, everyone outside the organization will question your competence because they assume the poor results being produced are being produced by you and they don't realize that everyone inside butchered your creations so your professional reputation will take a nosedive and you'll have no successful projects to put on your resume.

If you don't understand a channel, then outsource the work to a company who does because this is better than the strategy of hiring a person to manage a channel and then ruining that person's work and future prospects with your need to have input and the channels which SSCG does not know are SEO, SEM, email and anything related to conversion tracking and attribution.

Clicky...worse than mean girls make sure to fake a smile

I have been working at SSCG Media Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

summer Fridays...get off at 1pm memorial day through labor day

Cons

This department is full of women the few men that were there left. It is a group of overly clicky highschool mentality people. All they do is have a few big accounts that bring in the money and the women just get promoted and pregnant thats it. If you want to pretend you have a career but you really just want a maternity leave go to SSCG.

DEBBIE RENNER is a complete scatter brain no idea what is going on half the time. she should be home with her kid instead of spending over nights in the hotel next door.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay, if you fit in....

I worked at SSCG Media Group full-time

Pros

If you fit in everyone supports you and praises galore.

Cons

..If you don't it won't last long

Worked for SSCG Media Group? Contribute to the Community!