SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center

CEO

Wonderful Mission

Current Employee - Department Secretary  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Department Secretary in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

I love my co-workers! The pay is great, and great benefits! Fun place to work.

Cons

I feel as if a lot of the people that work here don't know what they are doing-my department is great- love the people, but the people who are supposed to help the patients navigate do not know how to do their job.

Keep up the great work!

I don't feel like a valued employee.

Current Employee - Physician  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Physician in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The staff I work with is wonderful.

Cons

Our insurance and benefits keep getting cut eventhough our expenses are increasing.

Give us a raise, a decent call room, adequate parking. Increase our CME money so we could actually go to a conference.

No raises for employees the past two years, unless you're management or corporate.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Fellow employees (non managerial) are there because they care for kids. Great group of people to work with! Decent benefits if you are full time despite recent major cuts.

Cons

Management (& there are so many of them!) You cannot transfer after 6months from your department if you choose and are hired in another department. You're manager can deny the transfer. Managers can issue "levels" or "write ups" with no previous warnings (verbal or written) disqualifying you from your meager yearly raise ( that has been removed past 2 yrs regardless due to 'cutbacks') Mandatory time off when census is low regardless of the fact it has no bearing on your department. No checks and balances on certain areas and overdone in others.

Sometimes you have to spend money on your employees to keep them productive and happy. If you keep cutting what is already lower than ALL other entities in the st. louis area, only to give the profits to yourselves, eventually your worker bees (who do the actual work) will go elsewhere. We have to be able to feed and support our families, not pay for your vacations, huge houses and other frivolities. The nuns started SSM for the poor, now the nuns are gone and the poor are the workers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Hospital, Horrible Upper Management

Former Employee - Er Secretary
    Former Employee - Er Secretary

Pros

I loved seeing the high quality care given to each patient from the staff, good work life balance

Cons

Upper Management does not care, the pretend to listen and tell you what you want to hear but don't implement anything.

better support your employees

Dissatisfied with pay and with management

Former Employee - Staff Nurse
    Former Employee - Staff Nurse

Pros

Connecting with patients, families and coworkers.

Cons

Pay is only competitive to new hires. They are not even giving anyone a raise this year. Management doesn't care about employee's opinions. And they constantly add more work to your load and do not give any new resources to help, all the while talking about patient satisfaction.

Fire ancillary staff that are unnecessary and don't do their job so you can treat the nurses like they should be treated. Listen to staff, don't just pretend. Stop talking about patient satisfaction while you're increasing our patient load and responsibilities unless you have REAL ways to help.

Great floor to work on in regard to the patients. The nurses were horrible to work with and not very nice.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Advanced medicine. Great doctors. Working with children. Loved the floor I worked on because of the type of patients it was fun. The co workers were horrible. They were very young, immature, clickish.

Cons

a lot of the nurses can be not very nice to new people. Orientation was awful due to nurse. Co workers immature and mean.

Hire nurses that fit your culture.

Higher than satisfactory, lower than the best expected

Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Cytogenetic Technologist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Good benefits, tuition reimbursement, Flexible time off.

Cons

Frequent restructuring and changes in management, mandatory time off when census is low even if it does not affect immediate department, misuse of finances.

1. Take better care of where money is spent.
    2. Do not force mandatory time off.
    3. Make sure department leaders are treating all employees the same.

It was my favorite job ever.

Pros

great staff, great teamwork, great support.

Cons

There were no cons of working there.

No advice. I loved it!

Great coworkers in a subpar setting.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

The comradary amongst staff.
    Continuing education opportunities.
    Great physicians.

Cons

Need updates to facilities.
    Pay rate is behind other pediatric facilities.

Worked for SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!