SSM Health Care

Be The First To
Add Photos

SSM Health Care President and CEO Sister Mary Jean Ryan

Sister Mary Jean Ryan

Pros
  • Co-workers are generally pleasant and the work-life balance is very good (in 3 reviews)

• New nurses must go through special training program which is helpful to transition from clinical to work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no loyalty to long time employees (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

SSM Health Care for many years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe opportunity to advance and to use my skills and knowledge to do meaningful work.

ConsThe right hand often doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess internal competition and more collaboration.

Have lost their spiritual compass

Behavioral Medicine (Current Employee)

Prosgood pay, good benefits, decent vacation and sick pay

Consmisguided management, micro managing of employees, stressful work environment, you may or may not get your lunch

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of micro managing your employees you may want to weed out mid and upper level management who have had numerous complaints from your employees about them. Take heed to what they say.

Experience at SSM Healthcare

Senior Information Analyst (Former Employee) Mount Vernon, IL

ProsIt's a good place to work.

ConsThey are spending a lot of capital on buying other hospitals leading to reduction in force.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very employee oriented

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsGood middle and upper mngmt

ConsAs with any medical office, overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit focusing on numbers and satisfaction surveys and focus on patient care. Although I do think patients here get excellent care.

Organization experiencing financial panic = less staff and resources

ProsPeople in the organization reflect the mission and values of the organization. Patient care areas put the patient first. Organization is about process improvement, accountability, employee engagement and good benefits and compensation.

ConsFinancial trouble, lack of prioritization throughout the organization, senior leadership changes, system leadership focus on micromanagement. Continues to reduce the amount of staff and everyone is struggling for resources. Revenue continues to decline.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the local teams work on the issues. Focus on realistic goals and try to understand the situation before making drastic changes. Many high performing employees are wanting to leave the organization out of fear.

Good place to start career

Staff RN (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsDedicated staff. New nurses must go through special training program which is helpful to transition from clinical to work environment.

ConsMust go through Star Recruiting to get hired which takes a very long time. Long term employees are targeted for job eliminations.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate dedication of long term employees.

Excellent work environment

ProsI think that the dedication to the patients is key and everyone seems to work as a team. Process improvement is of the things that keep this organization one of the best places to work hands down

ConsContinued decrease in the amount of staff, resources, and finances push patient care quality in a negative direction. While staff work to care for patients with what is provided meeting the regulatory needs as well as customer satifaction goals is hard for many...

Decent

Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere is a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. They are flexible to people with families. They promote health and education.

ConsThe pay is only ok, the management tends to micro-manage

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople who do not meet the quotas and quality standards need to be fired because they hold the department and company back.

Fulfilling for both me & my employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCaring staff, worthy work (caring for terminally ill)

ConsDealing with death all the time is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits hard to come by - consider being more generous

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Pros-Strong values and beliefs
    -Credible hospitals
    -Friendly and passionate co-workers
    -Opportunities for advancement

Cons-Lack of clarity on some job assignments

Worked for SSM Health Care? Contribute to the Community!