STARLIMS

Updated Mar 16, 2014

Not yet rated.

Dave Champagne

Bad managment

Software Developer (Former Employee) Ashdod (Israel)

ProsStable. You probably will not be fired.
    Depends on project you work on.
    If you in project that Abbott needs then you will probably fly abroad sometimes

ConsBad work/life balance
    Bad Senior management
    Food is miserable there

Advice to Senior ManagementResign

Worst company I have ever worked for

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Hollywood, FL

ProsNone that I can think of unless you are an H1 visa holder

ConsLower than average salaries
    Lots of travel
    No bonuses
    3rd world health insurance plan
    No comp time
    Salary Emp’s work between 50 and 60 hours per week
    Manage treats emp’s like crap

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I started working for STARLIMS, about 70% of the employees that were working for the company at that time, where in the United States on H1 visas. This company has an endless supply of slave labor coming in from either Russia or Romania.

Which leads me to my next point: they treat American employees like crap because they know they can replace them with a foreigner very quickly and very easily. Employees that are on H1 visas behave themselves or else they are thrown out of the company and have about 10 days to leave the country.

Avoid this company like you would the Black Death.

I couldn't imagine a company so bad could exist.

Software Developer (Professional Services Department) (Former Employee) Hollywood, FL

ProsI can't see to many reasons. Just to get a green card relatively fast and live the "Florida dream".

ConsNo respect, no appreciation, no chance to advance in the company, no chance to really improve professionally while working in the Professional Services department which is dominant. Usually the leaders are not IT people and cannot really appreciate your work. Low salaries, no bonuses, no motivation, not a good health insurance, no dental insurance, not a good environment, a ridiculous number of PTOs.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should think how to make the employees happy, not only to get bonuses and keep the employees salary as low as possible. If the employees are not happy, nothing is working fine, it's like driving a turd and not people. Don't you see how many people left, I think it's to late to get back on the track, i could say impossible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never work as contract staff

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsPro?
    you learn a lot a lot, as you will need to work at least 11 hours per day to fix loads of program bugs..

ConsAs a contract staff, no bonus, no increment, limited $ of medical claim, no insurance cover, they drag employee salary to pay on 4th-7th day of the month.. and resignation will require 3 months notification!

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for STARLIMS? Contribute to the Community!