STERIS Reviews

100 reviews filtered by

1. Wonderful people; unfortunate policies

Former Employee - Temp in Coon Rapids, MN
    Former Employee - Temp in Coon Rapids, MN

I worked at STERIS part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly and encouraging employees and direct supervisors. Opportunity to learn a variety of tasks, keeping the job challenging but not overwhelming. Criticism is given in a constructive manner, and advancement in the company is encouraged.

Cons

Policies aren't ideal, ability to advance in the company is limited, and the upper management is disconnected (overly busy and stressed).

Consider revising your training policies (lots of repeat training happens) as well as your temp agency policy (hiring directly could save you money while compensating the employees better).

2. Low stress, nice people

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

For professional salaried employees, the company offers a relaxed, friendly work environment with competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

The CEO has steadily grown the business by purchasing smaller companies. At times, the company struggles to act as a cohesive whole.

Continue work standardization efforts.

3. Good Solid Company with safe feel

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at STERIS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly and safe job with this growing company. Not a lot of pressure since there is a large product portfolio and easy ability to gain access to facilities.

Cons

Service hiring is not carful so you as a sales rep are spending some time fixing issues with service.

Service needs to be improved

5. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Mentor, OH

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Great company with good culture and great people! Many of the employees in my building have been here for years so there is room to grow. If you so desire, STERIS is a great place to start your career and then work until you want to retire which is tough to do in any job market in 2014

Cons

Their is some turnover just like with any other organization but other than that, there is nothing negative I have come across.

6. Good entry-level IT position

Current Employee - Service Desk Tech
    Current Employee - Service Desk Tech

I have been working at STERIS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Great department management: Immediate bosses are very supportive and concerned about improving processes
    -Lots of departments to advance to if you are interested in improving your skill set or picking up new specializations
    -Great benefits: decent amount of paid time off, cheap medical and dental plans (for 24-year old healthy male)

Cons

-Lack of flexibility in work schedule, have had to cancel paid time and have very little weekday free time
    -Lack of communication between IT teams means multiple app/ project launches can occur simultaneously and so support staff get overwhelmed at times
    -Not enough front-line staff to handle workload if someone is on vacation or out

7. Solid company

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Good people. Making smart acquisitions to serve customers better. Well positioned based on changes occurring in the markets the company operates in.

Cons

Opportunity to be more creative and personal in marketing the company. Powerful brand that we currently don't take full advantage of.

A strong company culture during times of acquisition, integration makes a big difference. Keep things fresh to get the most out of your talent.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at STERIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work and fantastic products. Leadership usually appears to be I'm touch with what is needed for new products being introduced in the market place. Company values are fantastic "do the right thing". Customers are always first.
    Benefits and compensation are very competitive if not superior.

Cons

They have very un-realistic sales goals. They have managers that are not managers but drones who don't have a spine or can't stand up to Managment and tell them what is needed or sales goals that are out of whack. Compensation is fine and competitive and benefits are great.

Stop getting rid of your experienced sales rep when they get to the age of 50. A guy or gal spends there LIFE away from their family on projects, traveling and bringing in a tremendous amount or business for the company only to be let go when the reach the golden age because there was not a big project in their area to carry them through. You have let go some real talent. Some have been lucky enough to go find Job with your competition. You sit in your big offices looking at your spread sheets and cutting some real good folks just because your managers don't have the balls to stand up and say NO! Certainly if your looking for a good job you can put your life into and then plan on retiring there KEEP looking because they will cut your job and hire a fresh out of college dude they can hire for less.

9. Very good company

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at STERIS as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They pay a lot of attention to culture fit in their hiring - there's a lot of really nice people there, with a notable absence of "jerks"

Cons

They're heavily regulated (FDA, OFCCP) so things can move slow at times and a lot of your day to day is governed by a lot of reporting and waiting for permission.

You could do more to build a more embraceable company culture - it's a given that the foundation of the culture is sterilizing the world, but bring more human personalities into the mix.

10. Great products, good opportunities

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at STERIS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Name brand recognition, good manufacturing practices, good technical support great field service.

Cons

Sales goals are quite often unrealistic based on market trends and economic upheavals.

Set sales goals more realistically by using forecasts provided by the field reps and verify facts by checking with customers.

11. Not a bad place to begin....

Current Employee - QS/RC Tech
    Current Employee - QS/RC Tech

I have been working at STERIS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can say that I absolutely love my co-workers and the job is pretty decent when it comes to PTO,etc. For this to be my first job in my field straight out of college I wasn't expecting a glorious salary. However, I know that the skills that I can gain here will be beneficial when it comes to me entering the job market again somewhere down the line.

Cons

I would've loved to reach 40k starting but that's not the case here. Unfortunately many of my co-workers are jumping on the first flight out of this place to places where there is less of a salary cap.

I love my direct manager! She really works hard in your regard to get things done. Upper management should be a little more organized when it comes to training procedures for new employees. Mine was a little all over the place.