STERIS

STERIS Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

STERIS President & CEO Walter M. Rosebrough, Jr.

Walter M. Rosebrough, Jr.

Pros
  • STERIS offers a competitive paycheck, great benefits and a convenient/safe location (in 7 reviews)

• then you might get a company vehicle, phone, 407 etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Flat organization, little room for advancement (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay results in employees with little to no experience/competence (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A great learning experience!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsMy manager is a great mentor to me and is always encouraging me to expand my knowledge by sharing his.

ConsAs with any large public company, there are office politics that must be played in order to get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to nuture and foster employees who are exceling to encourage their loyalty and committment to STERIS.

Face to face interview with district service manager went very well. Job Offer Accepted

Field Service Representative I (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsHome office is great!, Do what you are supposed to do and they leave you alone. No micro-managing, naggy supervisors or any complaining employees to bother with.
    I don't understand why some people are complaining when Steris is actually hiring in a stagnate job market. Maybe the previous employees couldn't pass the Seris University online testing? It is pretty tough! WOW!!!

ConsCommunication could be better from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave an open line of communication from smartphone/device to a smart help desk for any type of issue. Too many phone numbers to remember.

overall good place to work

IT Department (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

Prosgood enviorment and overall nice people, Walt the CEO is a nice easy going guy and is approachable by anyone in the company. The new building additions look good

ConsUnfortunately, like with all companies to be fair when it gets to the bottom line you are just a number

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family atmosphere

Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prostreat employees well, opportunities for advancement, good training

Conslack of connection with field based employees, and do not allow sufficient time for certain jobs or roles to fully implement

Advice to Senior Managementspeak more with people on the lower rungs of the ladder, especially those that have left STERIS and come back for their opinions, don't just assume they're back because STERIS is awesome

Very good as long as your producing

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood technology
    Great service organization
    Market leader
    Great brand recognition
    Very broad product line
    Wide range of supply items to support equipment sale
    Full benefits package and travel expenses paid

ConsTerritories to large
    To many sales reps calling on the same accounts
    To worried about what the competition is doing.
    Some products have reached market life and should go.
    Skin care soaps are old school. Need new ones

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about what the competition is doing. Go back to asking the customers what they need or want.
    Stop getting rid or the seasoned reps once they reach 50. Loosing the knowledge base
    If the territories were smaller a rep could focus more on key accounts.
    The board should get someone with some charisma to motivate the sales force. Current top is not in touch what is needed and they need some new ideas.

Overall positive experience

ProsOverall a good place to work. You are not overwhelmed with the amount of work you are given. Supervisors are fair and appreciative of hard work.

ConsThe people are not particularly friendly and are very cliquey. A large amount of people slack off and take their job for granted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher premium on retaining employees that work hard by compensating them fairly and offering them an opportunity for advancement.

Good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsLarge company with good products. Competitive pricing and improving management at all levels. Were becoming more aggressive with compensation in order to compete with other medical device and equipment companies.

ConsLike most big companies, got heavy handed with reports and sales meetings at times. While it was good they were trying to become more competitive in healthcare, there seemed to be a shifting of direction from year to year.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay to hire great people and then let them do their jobs. Judge the performance and worry less about reports and sales calls and sales meetings.

Quality learning experiences.

ProsInnovative and forward thinking company that is striving for a bigger foot hold in their business sector.

ConsBelow average pay for for most positions.

An interesting and sometimes challenging place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsA good company with a solid balance sheet. It is a company where you can still make an impact because it is a realtively young company.

ConsNot a lot of movement at the higher levels and therefore there is opportunity up to a point. On the other hand it is a great place to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore creativity is needed to develop and retain talent. It's too late to act after they tell you they are leaving.

A great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsGreat corporate location in Mentor, Ohio; solid company; current executive management is leading the company in the right direction to optimize growth and profits.

ConsOver the past five years, the office "perks" have been minimized - nothing life-changing, but the new CEO cut back a lot of frivolous waste. As a shareholder, I must agree with this approach, but as an employee, it was sad to see some of the changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. I'm enjoying the security, stability, and profitability of our company, and I would recommend STERIS as a responsible employer.

Worked for STERIS? Contribute to the Community!