STERIS Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great company which need work on effective management.

Former Employee - Quality Control Laboratory Technician I, II in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Control Laboratory Technician I, II in Cleveland, OH

I worked at STERIS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good culture of quality, good pay scale, benefits include: Paid Time Off, health insurance, dental, vision, 401K and Flexible Spending Account.

Cons

Communication between various departments and facilities could be better. Often changes are initiated with no warning and personnel have to scramble to adjust to the new work conditions.

Advice to Management

Bring lower level managers and supervisors up to speed before making sweeping policy changes. This will go a long way to improving the reaction and adjustment of employees to new conditions.

2. good company not great

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

fun products that help healthcare

Cons

You cant work for steris for the compensation

Advice to Management

There is a bottle neck in mid level management that needs to be addressed.

Quality learning experiences.

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Innovative and forward thinking company that is striving for a bigger foot hold in their business sector.

Cons

Below average pay for for most positions.

5. Overall positive experience

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Overall a good place to work. You are not overwhelmed with the amount of work you are given. Supervisors are fair and appreciative of hard work.

Cons

The people are not particularly friendly and are very cliquey. A large amount of people slack off and take their job for granted.

Advice to Management

Place a higher premium on retaining employees that work hard by compensating them fairly and offering them an opportunity for advancement.

Very good as long as your producing

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Good technology Great service organization Market leader Great brand recognition Very broad product line Wide range of supply items to support equipment sale Full benefits package and travel expenses paid

Cons

Territories to large To many sales reps calling on the same accounts To worried about what the competition is doing. Some products have reached market life and should go. Skin care soaps are old school. Need new ones

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about what the competition is doing. Go back to asking the customers what they need or want. Stop getting rid or the seasoned reps once they reach 50. Loosing the knowledge base If the territories were smaller a rep could focus more on key accounts. The board should get someone with some charisma to motivate the sales force. Current top is not in touch what is needed and they need some new ideas.

7. Excellent company to start your career with.

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Mid size company that is growing, so good lots of opportunities.

Cons

No global opportunities outside of U.S.

8. Bonne expérience Good experience

I have been working at STERIS full-time (More than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Bonne entreprise pour en apprendre à propos des appareils médicaux, de l'environnement international, une bonne ambiance.

Good company to learn about medical devices, international environment, good ambiance.

Cons

Une charge de travail trop élevée

Charge of work to high

Need A Steppingstone?

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

Extremely diverse work environments (In Life Science division especially). Very technical work incorporating electrical, plumbing, and programming troubleshooting. Workers report directly to customer sites, no punching in and seeing your boss everyday! A company vehicle is provided and allowed for personal use. Cell phone, laptop, and air-card are also provided to be used on the job. STERIS is in every hospital in the country and in most laboratory applications. Roots of the company are over 140 years old. STERIS is a world leader in infection control technology. When the post office in Alexandria, VA was contaminated by anthrax spores, STERIS VHP technology was used to clean the facility. You deal intimately with customers, involved not only in maintenance, but in account management and parts requisition. It is almost like running your own business.

Cons

You do not get paid like you run your own business. All the knowledge that you are expected to have and acquire, you are not compensated fairly for it. Yes, you do get a vehicle and have a flexible schedule (a flexible schedule really means that when you are done with your service calls you can go home), but there is very little room for advancement and salary scales seem to be kept at Fort Knox. There are a lot of people that work at this company for over 20 years and less than 5. There are not too many in between. They either go to work for a customer, or leave the industry entirely. Both reasons are for more pay.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about cutting costs so much and get back to focusing on taking care of the customer. With happy, satisfied customers, the profit will come.

10. It's a pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at STERIS

Pros

I have a company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and I get to make my schedule. Benefits are pretty good. Depending on the manager it's like being your own boss.

Cons

I don't feel that I get paid as much as I should. There is a disconnect between upper management and technician level. Upper management tends to look at the numbers almos exlusively rather than service that is provided. There is a real negative feeling in the engineering department that trickles down in their work. There aren't many places to expand and recieve significant promotions. I also like to work with people and I am often working alone in this job.

Advice to Management

I feel that their job can be very difficult and demanding and for the most part they are doing pretty good. However I think there are too many projects going on and not enough focus.

Long standing industry leader with a desire to remain at # 1 or 2 position

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at STERIS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to continuously learn new skills due to customer needs.

Cons

Very political so keep your head low and press on.

Advice to Management

Some of your best employees may not play the game well so you end up with political hacks and not great employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed