STG International

www.stginternational.com

STG International Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014
STG International – Alexandria – “STGi”

Michelle S. Lee

MRT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis company has a lot of good people working for them. The employees at STG International provides an expectational healthcare.

ConsDisorganized. The process to get hired there can take from two to three months. What makes it unorganized is that STG International can come in and say it's over. What the hel* it's a though economy out there, show some respect.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire people if they are not 100% cleared.

Company in Decline

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsEmployees receive pay on time.

ConsThe senior management has made no effort to build a relationship with the contract staff or even the client. There is no communication whatsoever with the contract staff. STG management only cares about winning the next bid. An annual raise is built into our contract. However, since there were no raises corporate-wide management felt justified in pocketing our increase. Much more devasting was the dramatic increase in the cost of the medical plan. Family coverage increased from $550 to $900 per month. Also, the tuition reimbursement was reduced to a pathetic $350/year.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember who generates the income and treat them with some respect.

Stay away

Health Promotion (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHoliday Christmas party
    Can't think of any more

Cons-Management lacks sound judgement
    -Tried to get me to drive over 90 miles prior to my shift to get fingerprints and a badge when I was hired, w/out reimbursing mileage and time. (Knowledge is power...know labor laws!) I was almost late for my shift as the fingerprint/badge office was only open on weekdays.
    -Lost certifications and paperwork over 4 times in 3 years
    -Nickle and dime employees with low wages and inaccurate evaluations so that you don't receive a raise
    -Ask employees to take a paycut after receiving a paycut a year earlier with no raises
    -HR is not credible.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get back what you give. Pay poorly, get poor quality work. High turnover=Necessary change
    Who wants to leave a situation if they're being treated well? Employee relations is like dating. Wisen up!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not recommend

ProsFive years ago I would have listed plenty. Now I can't think of one.

ConsCompany is in serious decline due to very poor decisions made by senior management over the years. Would not recommend.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey obviously have not take any of the advice submitted by other reviewers. At this point the company is too far gone for new advice to make a difference.

Medical Assistant

Medical Assistant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSome of the sights are good to work for.

ConsThey are contract and don't see everyday life of their emploies

Great Contractor experience

Early Childhood Education Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsVariety of contract experience with federal grantees

Consslightly a bit unorganizied amongst managers to supervisors

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more tenured supervisors with experience with diversified staff.

Good first experience in defense consulting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Bethesda, MD

Prosgreat work at the client site; project manager provided significant autonomy to do the work; good benefits (PTO), all work time could be focused on serving client versus doing business development

Consturnover within project management sometimes made it difficult to reach appropriate contacts for various issues, such as work hours and benefits, general project related issues

Advice to Senior Managementensure that your client-site personnel are provided with updated organizational charts so that they can direct questions appropriately and have a better chance at quicker resolution

Stay Away

ProsNothing at all. There is none.

ConsEverything. Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional and fair.

Current STG Employee

Wellness Fitness Associate II (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI truly can not say anything good about this coming but, I am still lucky to have a job.

ConsBad company to work for, the exe only care about them self. They lie right in your face and they are back stabbers. I believe the company again has the wrong people running the company. I been a STG employee for 5 years now. I am planning on finding a better job some where else. I have degree and a great deal of years in the company. They favor certain employee who they wish to promote. The exe don't have a clue how to even keep good employees and they could careless about your pay being low, the only reason why they finally gave a raise after 7 years of not having one is because they lost half of their front line after they cut everyones pay. Exe at this company only care about there own pocket. They will even sell each other out to get up top, which i have seen, I could say more but i don't want to get sued. Bad company to work for I am leaving the company is a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the employees who have been there and are still there

Don't Go There.

B D (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThey finally fired some of the execs who neither knew nor cared what they were doing.

ConsCompany has lost large, longstanding contracts due to poor performance, and everything bad is taken out of the employees. This is a company that is run strictly for the benefit of the execs.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat "upper" management? Try hiring competent management instead of your know-nothing, do-nothing buddies.

Worked for STG International? Contribute to the Community!