STS Aviation

STS Aviation Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was ok but it could been better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWell its a ok company but it could have been better

ConsThey put u where they want u to go not where u want to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people

The Management at STS is a joke

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsThe culture is pretty nice

ConsManagement are former Recruiters who are inept and expect you to do work in an unrealistic amount of time while they go golfing, go to concerts, and go on vacation. They preach all hands on deck. But it stops at preach.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey get frustrated about the competition, yet they don't have the management to structure a successful company against the big dogs.

Excellent Aircraft mechanic company

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsWide open for training and further your experience in a wide range of Aircraft types and Airlines. Usually good people to work with and for. Not for the lazy and slow and I like that. Pay is good and raises are as they should be... worth the effort. Excellent 4 on 3 off schedule.

ConsIts not for beginners. Extremely fast paced and you have to be on your game from plane to plane. IF not you wont stay on for long. It's only 3 man crews that handle 12 airlines on an airport base as large as Charlotte Douglas Intl Airport. Johnny hustle every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Loved working in Charlotte. Excellent pay and raises. Basic insurance provider is just ok, A better health care insurance would be nice/ needed. You would never have anyone leave if you do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a joke - should be a tv reality show

Engineer (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsMaybe they pay taxes... then again maybe not

ConsI actually had TWO idiots (two different jobs) tell me because I had not worked in an aviation related job in the last two years that they would not consider me (I was in Transportation). This is after 30 years doing exactly what they wanted. I've dealt with fools before but this company sets a new standard. They are also so stupid as to forget they are being reviewed here by companies and individuals... my advice is to avoid these jerks.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the supermarket cashier jobs you left to run this disaster.

STS LGA

Aircraft Line Maintenance (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proslearn line Maintenance, Taxi aircraft

Conslack of logistics, parts, Health Insurance needs help. Better pay for experienced staff would help.

Advice to Senior ManagementMedical Insurance!

Overall great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jensen Beach, FL

ProsNice people to work wth

ConsLack of communication throughout the different departments

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Gotta work your butt off

Mechanic (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsA lot of good people to work for and work with. I probably had the best supervisors in the whole company, but I cant say the same for the other guys. They provide the necessary equipment to finish the job and pretty lax environment.

ConsThe equipment could use some revamping, and a lot of tools can be replaced. The older hangars are pretty much treated the way they are seen, just old. Not a lot of post work clean up is enforced and some of the senior managements are just plain mean and non-communicative. It can be a whole lot better, even with what they have now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore thorough training on the aircrafts people are designated to work on. The best mechanics are stretched thin doing the same high level job because theyre doing the work not everyone is confident to do.

Formatable

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Macon, GA

Prosgood contractor need more work options

Conscontracts short term need more long term

Advice to Senior Managementpay more money

Worked for STS Aviation? Contribute to the Community!