SThree Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
4.0

Gary Elden

Energetic Company

I have been working at SThree

Pros

You get to work with dynamic people that are excited about what they do! Great benefits, PTO, uncapped commission!

Cons

It's a tough industry to break into, and you have to become an expert in your market very quickly

I have only been with the company for 2 weeks, but I love it here already!

Current Employee - Resourcer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Resourcer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extremely supportive environment; questions are welcomed and encouraged. Young, vibrant office atmosphere that knows how to work hard and have fun. Managers treat you as peers, and everyone is valued. Excellent opportunities to move forward within the company, and training is top-notch.

Cons

Haven't come across any thus far! But if you are not fully committed to working hard day in and day out, this company may not be for you.

Great Earning Potential - Excellent Sales Career

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great commission structure

Amazing sales culture
    Strong training program
    Room for advancement

Excellent benefits
    4 weeks vacation!!!

Cons

Hours can be long but efficiency is key

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible opportunity for driven, motivated people - great earning potential and career growth

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am only a year out of college and already am more successful than the majority of my former classmates and my friends who graduated years ago (both in terms of earnings and career growth). This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing company, and allows you to earn UNLIMITED commission and you can literally be a manager after being with the company for two years or even less. I am never bored and I love the challenging work environment. I also feel a really close connection and tight-knit bond with my team, who are super supportive and encouraging on days when the job could be tough. The wins in this position are amazing, and when I work hard enough, I can end the month with a 20K pay check or even more. I am really passionate about this company and the management, and they've shown me over the past year that they truly care about their employees and their happiness. Not to mention, there are amazing perks to this job -- 22 days PTO per year (which roll over the next year if you don't use them), trips to miami, vegas, fun team nights out, incredible meals, etc. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and know that I will be with the company for years and years to come.

Cons

This job is a great fit for me, but definitely not for everyone. You need to be super motivated, eager to learn, resilient, and driven. If you are looking for a super relaxed, work from home, 'come in late' or 'leave early' type of place, this is not the best job for you.

If you have to constantly sell your staff on why it's a great place to work then it isn't one

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to work and advance.. if you enjoy micromanagement.
    Incentives can be very rewarding
    Nice office locations

Cons

They make you post excellent reviews (lie) on the company to glassdoor
    Micromanagement
    No creative thinking
    One set of rules for one and another for others
    YOU HAVE TO QUIT TO GET AHEAD OR WHAT YOU WANT IN THE COMPANY
    NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE
    Lack of professionalism
    Poor management
    They churn and burn staff. People usually leave within the first year.
    Drugs are openly talked about the office.

There is so much potential here. Employee some people with experience and create a professional and constructive environment. Stop encouraging people to live pay-check to pay-check. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL EMPLOYEES ON HOW GREAT IT IS THERE. USE THIS ENERGY AND TIME AND MAKE IT GREAT INSTEAD.

I've been working at Sthree for about 8 months and loving it!

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, friendly atmosphere, growth opportunity

Training - The training will start from day 1 and never stop. From weekly trainings, to refreshers, to the most senior people in the company conducting trainings, you are always learning something new. Whenever I have questions I know I can ask the director or even the CEO a question as easily as I could somebody 1 day into the business....that's something you don't find often.

Friendly Atmosphere - The energy is high, and the people are positive. If you have a question or need advice, not only are you welcome, but you're encouraged to approach your colleagues. Anybody in the company, myself included will drop what we're doing to help...not because we're forced to, but because we all want everybody to do well and grow.

Growth Opportunity - There are current employees who I've already see hit two promotions in their first year in the company! The Most senior people at Sthree all started as trainees; that just puts in perspective how far this company will let you grow...they'll never try to limit you. Considering the amount of growth happening across the Americas (Info that we all learned at a comped weekend in Vegas) there are so many openings being created for current and future employees - I feel very lucky to be where I am right now.

Cons

Sales is a roller-coaster of emotions type of job, there are somethings that can really ruin your day, if you can't move on from it you may have a tough time in this job. Also, if you want to come in and wait for the clock to hit 5pm you won't do as well as somebody putting in the effort, staying late and making big money.

Keep it up! It's no secret why we keep winning "best company to work for" awards

A truly meritocratic organisation with incredible career opportunities, but be willing to work hard for it!

Current Employee - Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Phenomenal training, support and infrastructure, great career opportunities, work hard/play hard attitude and some great incentives. Definitely a meriotocracy and if you're willing to learn, look at the long term opportunity not just the short term and have a positive attitude you'll do well. Also the fact that the majority of Senior level have worked from the bottom up shows how strong the opportunity is and they've walked in everyones shoes so know how to help.

Cons

This industry is tough and not for the feint hearted. Shorter term you won't earn as much as some companies will tell you but longer term you absolutely can and you have to be willing to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. You have to be resilient though.

Share consistent messages on where the business is going & what the goals are regularly - that way the working population have greater clarity on what the business as a whole has planned and understand how they can contribute

Great training, career opportunities and people

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

I worked at SThree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic training delivered in multiple formats - not just in the initial training phase - but throughout your career from what i could see.
    Really growing in the US and they promote from within so lots of opportunities to grow your career.
    Base + uncapped commission so you can drive your own earning potential.
    Great bunch of people to work with - really fun.

Cons

Very sales driven culture - great if you like / want this, but just wasn't for me.

Work you you to the bone

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England (UK)

I have been working at SThree full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

training
    development
    good commission once you build up a pipleine

Cons

KPI's - INTENSIVE
    low basic pay

be more flexible

Great experience, terrible management

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at SThree full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training here is exceptional. Many of the people I worked with were lots of fun, and the atmosphere that created was evidently youthful. The experience gained from this job, is invaluable, on many levels, and will take you far in your next role - given you stick with it for long enough to be able to use it usefully.

Cons

Along with a youthful atmosphere, came pettiness and unsavoury, childish behaviour. Work-life balance was non-existent, and any attempt to have some was often looked upon with disdain by senior management. The management structure meant that people who were good billers, often automatically became managers - the two do not necessarily go hand in hand. The career pathways are limited and stringent. Be prepared to go into a full dog-eat-dog environment.

Worked for SThree? Contribute to the Community!