SThree

www.sthreecareers.com

SThree Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Gary Elden

I have only been with the company for 2 weeks, but I love it here already!

Resourcer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExtremely supportive environment; questions are welcomed and encouraged. Young, vibrant office atmosphere that knows how to work hard and have fun. Managers treat you as peers, and everyone is valued. Excellent opportunities to move forward within the company, and training is top-notch.

ConsHaven't come across any thus far! But if you are not fully committed to working hard day in and day out, this company may not be for you.

Great Earning Potential - Excellent Sales Career

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat commission structure

Amazing sales culture
    Strong training program
    Room for advancement

Excellent benefits
    4 weeks vacation!!!

ConsHours can be long but efficiency is key

Incredible opportunity for driven, motivated people - great earning potential and career growth

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI am only a year out of college and already am more successful than the majority of my former classmates and my friends who graduated years ago (both in terms of earnings and career growth). This is a truly unique opportunity to join a growing company, and allows you to earn UNLIMITED commission and you can literally be a manager after being with the company for two years or even less. I am never bored and I love the challenging work environment. I also feel a really close connection and tight-knit bond with my team, who are super supportive and encouraging on days when the job could be tough. The wins in this position are amazing, and when I work hard enough, I can end the month with a 20K pay check or even more. I am really passionate about this company and the management, and they've shown me over the past year that they truly care about their employees and their happiness. Not to mention, there are amazing perks to this job -- 22 days PTO per year (which roll over the next year if you don't use them), trips to miami, vegas, fun team nights out, incredible meals, etc. I feel so grateful for this opportunity and know that I will be with the company for years and years to come.

ConsThis job is a great fit for me, but definitely not for everyone. You need to be super motivated, eager to learn, resilient, and driven. If you are looking for a super relaxed, work from home, 'come in late' or 'leave early' type of place, this is not the best job for you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you have to constantly sell your staff on why it's a great place to work then it isn't one

Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat place to work and advance.. if you enjoy micromanagement.
    Incentives can be very rewarding
    Nice office locations

ConsThey make you post excellent reviews (lie) on the company to glassdoor
    Micromanagement
    No creative thinking
    One set of rules for one and another for others
    YOU HAVE TO QUIT TO GET AHEAD OR WHAT YOU WANT IN THE COMPANY
    NO WORK/LIFE BALANCE
    Lack of professionalism
    Poor management
    They churn and burn staff. People usually leave within the first year.
    Drugs are openly talked about the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is so much potential here. Employee some people with experience and create a professional and constructive environment. Stop encouraging people to live pay-check to pay-check. PLEASE STOP TRYING TO SELL EMPLOYEES ON HOW GREAT IT IS THERE. USE THIS ENERGY AND TIME AND MAKE IT GREAT INSTEAD.

I've been working at Sthree for about 8 months and loving it!

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat training, friendly atmosphere, growth opportunity

Training - The training will start from day 1 and never stop. From weekly trainings, to refreshers, to the most senior people in the company conducting trainings, you are always learning something new. Whenever I have questions I know I can ask the director or even the CEO a question as easily as I could somebody 1 day into the business....that's something you don't find often.

Friendly Atmosphere - The energy is high, and the people are positive. If you have a question or need advice, not only are you welcome, but you're encouraged to approach your colleagues. Anybody in the company, myself included will drop what we're doing to help...not because we're forced to, but because we all want everybody to do well and grow.

Growth Opportunity - There are current employees who I've already see hit two promotions in their first year in the company! The Most senior people at Sthree all started as trainees; that just puts in perspective how far this company will let you grow...they'll never try to limit you. Considering the amount of growth happening across the Americas (Info that we all learned at a comped weekend in Vegas) there are so many openings being created for current and future employees - I feel very lucky to be where I am right now.

ConsSales is a roller-coaster of emotions type of job, there are somethings that can really ruin your day, if you can't move on from it you may have a tough time in this job. Also, if you want to come in and wait for the clock to hit 5pm you won't do as well as somebody putting in the effort, staying late and making big money.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! It's no secret why we keep winning "best company to work for" awards

A truly meritocratic organisation with incredible career opportunities, but be willing to work hard for it!

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsPhenomenal training, support and infrastructure, great career opportunities, work hard/play hard attitude and some great incentives. Definitely a meriotocracy and if you're willing to learn, look at the long term opportunity not just the short term and have a positive attitude you'll do well. Also the fact that the majority of Senior level have worked from the bottom up shows how strong the opportunity is and they've walked in everyones shoes so know how to help.

ConsThis industry is tough and not for the feint hearted. Shorter term you won't earn as much as some companies will tell you but longer term you absolutely can and you have to be willing to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. You have to be resilient though.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare consistent messages on where the business is going & what the goals are regularly - that way the working population have greater clarity on what the business as a whole has planned and understand how they can contribute

Great training, career opportunities and people

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFantastic training delivered in multiple formats - not just in the initial training phase - but throughout your career from what i could see.
    Really growing in the US and they promote from within so lots of opportunities to grow your career.
    Base + uncapped commission so you can drive your own earning potential.
    Great bunch of people to work with - really fun.

ConsVery sales driven culture - great if you like / want this, but just wasn't for me.

Great training ground above and beyond any other recruitment company

Sales Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsTraining, incentives, likeminded people, everyone is motivated, work ethic, work trips, unleashing your potential. Great company all round for a graduate. International mobility is encouraged. Great for a management career

ConsNot the best pay, also management bonuses are low. Also its a PLC so you wont get rich as they have already had their IPO

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the best staff before their heads get turned and they join a competitor

Really excellent employer, best training!

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat support across all levels, Directors are happy to help with issues and give training on a regular basis. As with all sales environments, there are targets but they are achievable with an organised work load. Have been here for less than 6 months and already qualified for three incentives, without prior experience in my team.

ConsNone really - can be noisy but what do you expect from a sales floor?

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Great place to learn the ropes

Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsIncentives, resources, training and atmosphere. Also office locations.

ConsHaving your voice heard. Not sure this place is a genuine meritocracy. Senior management is clicky and old school

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you promise and reward those who give their all.

Worked for SThree? Contribute to the Community!