SUNY Oneonta

SUNY Oneonta President Nancy Kleniewski

Nancy Kleniewski

Long hours, good pay.

Maintenance Crew Member (Former Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsThe pay is great and its a very relaxed atmosphere

ConsLabor intensive, lots of lifting and carrying things. Lots of medial tasks like cleaning window blinds. The people are friendly if they like you or they make your life very difficult if they dont.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more people in management who have an education beyond highschool and have more teeth.

Career Stagnation

Professor (Current Employee)

ProsStable job, some smart colleagues, flexibility of work hrs.

ConsSenior Mgt not bright, strong bias even hate against faculty, student development runs operations, inequitable pay, promotions and salary increases not based on performance

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose the Mgt. carefully, be a better judge of talent

Students run the school, and faculty take a back seat.

Lecturer (Former Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsBeautiful surroundings and quaint town. The city is in the middle of some lovely mountains and looks like something out of "It's A Wonderful Life."

ConsStudents are given free reign to do whatever they want, without accountability, while faculty struggle to maintain control of the classroom and campus. Too many student groups on campus. Academics are secondary to sports and student clubs and smoking up and drinking.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your faculty a little more credit and a little more power, and you might find your students rise to the occasion as well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great summer job for collage students

Grounds Crew Member (Current Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsGreat summer job for collage students. Get to work full time and earn more that minimum wage. People are really friendly.

ConsHave to work outside even when it rains. Sometimes there isn't anything to do where other times you are really busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on offering this summer positions for collage students; It's a great opportunity for them to actually save some money during the summer.

SUNY Oneonta has many great employment opportunities for students

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oneonta, NY

ProsWhile I was a student at SUNY Oneonta, I worked two jobs and, thus, learned how to work in and office and how to be a professional. These early professional opportunities were invaluable experiences as I began my career, and I will always think fondly on my time at Oneonta. Furthermore, the city of Oneonta is incredibly picturesque and safe; it would be a great place to raise a family.

ConsI can't think of anything negative to write about SUNY Oneonta.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to report.

Great Opprotunity

Student Intern (Current Employee) Oneonta, NY

Pros-good work environment
    -create good connections
    -looks great on a resume

Consnone that I can see

Worked for SUNY Oneonta? Contribute to the Community!