SUNY Oswego

Be The First To
Add Photos

SUNY Oswego President Debra Stanelley

Debra Stanelley

Fantastic experience that taught me to manage a department and allowed me contribute new ideas to the overall college.

Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsGreat colleagues to work with, supportive supervisors, ability to help in other areas to expand personal skills and knowledge, excellent campus events, great benefits

ConsLimited to four years of service as an RHD due to not being a permanent appointment position.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is very helpful in reaching your personal goals.

Great workplace

Cashier (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

Prosat auxiliary services you will work with many great people.

Conslow pay , no benefits

Advice to Senior Managementkeep motivating

Teaching Assistant at SUNY Oswego

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood experience in a professional environment. Management is great, but very little room to grow within the school. Great starting point for career.

ConsOrganization between professors and management is very poor. The two seem to be on different pages most of the time. Management focuses on large picture of University and not the effectiveness of the courses or professors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very supportive community to work in - LOVE IT.

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsNo matter what I need to perform my teaching or research duties, my chair and my dean make sure that I get it. My colleagues are professional and supportive of each other. Very positive work atmosphere.

ConsNone other than the drive in winters.

A great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsAwesome staff, great environment, excellent research oppportunities

ConsThe weather, distance from metropolitan areas

A satisfying, school-work friendly job for a college student

Desk Attendant (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsIt's convenient to work on campus and the staff is excellent. You never lack for friends or resources because the network is awesome. Hours are also scheduled around tests, and it's not difficult to switch shifts if an emergency comes up.

ConsThe number of hours you can work is limited, which limits your paycheck as well unless you pick up more than one job. Then it gets tricky to schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's great to have an employer that allows students to work on homework during the especially quiet shifts. The understanding that homework can take place if it's a slow shift was a major factor for me.

Wish I started sooner.

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsYou get the chance to gain real experience and work with like-minded people. I worked as a graduate assistant and have added a lot of the work I did to my portfolio. Also, I was able to work on projects I really enjoyed. Having a paycheck also helped while being a broke student.

ConsExperiences will surely differ from person to person. Sometimes things did get too lackadaisical but we always got to where we needed to be.

SUNY Oswego, Graduate Assistant

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsGreat employment, good pay for graduate school, friendly atmosphere

ConsNo cons that I encountered while I worked there.

Wonderful community!

Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsGreat people, environment, and work hours.

ConsPay and lack of duties to perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying your employees more. They really do know how to connect with the students.

Worked at the fitness centers on campus as a student personal trainer, loved it

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsMake your own schedule, very independent, they give you clients so you don't have to get your own

Conssometimes unorganized and low pay

Worked for SUNY Oswego? Contribute to the Community!