SWBC Reviews

1. Pretty good job if you follow the rules. Been here a year

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SWBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free benefits. They pay for your health ins. And free gym membership also they have a lot of perks like free rampage tickets and stars tickets or VERY discounted spurs tickets. We're always getting free lunch catered to us. Major holidays off. It's honestly the best company I've ever worked for its kinda laid back. The managers or supervisors never look for you or micromanage you if your doing your job and doing it correctly. I'm a customer service associate (outbound) everyday I go in and my works already in my system so I just do the same thing all day everyday, take my breaks, take my lunch and leave at the end of the day. I don't talk to my supervisor everyday I talk to her maybe twice a week if that. Like I said if you just follow the rules nobody will ever have a reason to come looking for you and get on your case. Be advised though that attendance here is no joke. If you reach your max points that's it your out there's no excuses no exceptions. So watch your attendance!! Do not call in just because your sleepy cause all that adds up and doesn't fall off for a year!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Attendance: each time you call in its 1 occurrence and once you reach 9 your terminated. You cant be late either that's 1/2 an occurrence. They don't waive it for any reason besides bereavement not even if they send you home for being contagious. For me it's far to drive to lockehill Selma and 1604 everyday The break rooms are too small

2. Quality Control Specialist

Current Employee - Quality Control Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Quality Control Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SWBC (More than a year)

Pros

Company pays well and good incentives.

Cons

The building I worked at off of Dezavala and I10 had water leaks from the roof. Everytime it rained trash cans were put out for the water leaking from the ceiling. This had been going on for years. I got very sick with a fungus infection from working in this building.

Anonymous

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at SWBC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health benefits, Dental, and excellent Gym Membership provided (which clearly many people in the company don't utilize).

Cons

Micro-managers galore. There's the constant promise of company growth, incompetents are rewarded, and the "valued" team-members are allowed to condescend, berate and speak cruelly to other workers on the floor with no form of discipline from the management or HR.

Advice to Management

Actually monitor your employees activities and see why your numbers are low. Your "best" employees should be praised for their work but shouldn't be allowed to bully your other workers out in the open. Even if this is masked as playfulness.

Long Day But Worth It!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Great salary and hours. Full benefits , health and dental, disability, 491k w/ match after 5 years, full membership to Gold's Gym, college tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Was told by current HE person just to show up with resume as on site interview was to take precedence, however found out later that it was best if I had applied online as well. A bit confusing and time-consuming.

6. early stage collector

Pros

Good management in the collevtions department

Cons

None at the moment. It may be hours.

7. Good college student job.

Former Employee - Early Stage Collection in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Early Stage Collection in San Antonio, TX

I worked at SWBC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, ok schedules, sometimes you will get your own assigned seat, free gold's membership

Cons

Having to call rude customers who can't pay for their OWN loan they took out

Advice to Management

None they were ok

8. Dynamic

Former Employee - New Business Coordinator/Sales in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - New Business Coordinator/Sales in Katy, TX

Pros

Potential for commission was good.

Cons

Company did not offer benefits for one year.

Inconsistent practices

I have been working at SWBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is expanding tremendously. Just opened 4th call center located in Nebraska.

Cons

There isn't opportunity to move up unless you're personal friends with management.

Advice to Management

Give the current employees the opportunity to move up to better positions and offer cross training. Too many new hires are promoting within first month and have lack of experience.

HR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Nothing I can think of

Cons

Horrible department. Management is unprofessional and they all stick up for bad behavior in management. Constant bickering and clique environment with makes someone who try's to stay neutral impossible or hostile. Worked there for 3+ years and never received a raise.

Advice to Management

Stop the micromanagement and horrible unprofessional behavior of management.

A simple place with plenty of opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Claims Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SWBC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is still fairly small which enables an individual with an ambitious mindset to progress and advance.

Cons

The small call-center atmosphere provides an environment where gossip runs rampant. Many of the employees group together in their own cliques, leaving others who'd rather remain neutral, feeling misplaced. Some of the supervisors conduct themselves in an unprofessional manner.

Advice to Management

Straighten up or fly right.

RSS Feed </> Embed