SWC Technology Partners Reviews

4.3
Bob Knott

1. Marketing Intern

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. Amazing people and environment.

Cons

I have no cons for this company!

2. High stress and intimidating environment

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you don't mind working long hours and acquiring certification on your own time, you can eventually advance your career here
    Exposure to many different technologies
    Well-recognized company, a couple years here should make finding a new job rather easy
    Team outings and Beer on Friday @ 4pm, and you can learn to hate leftover Maggiano's from banquets
    A lot of smart and driven people, most of whom are friendly
    The CEO seems pretty nice and the overall culture is decent

Cons

For a company that promotes work-life balance, there definitely did not seem to be a lot of it Managed Services
    Hiring standards are very high and pay does not necessarily reflect this. This leads to understaffing, which means employees are expected to work long hours and often get burnt out
    Due to this inability or unwillingness to hire more staff, off-hours positions are very hard to leave
    The NOC is rather chaotic and the monitoring software is buggy and difficult to work with, creating a high level of stress and repetitive and unappreciated tasks
    New clients are often on-boarded without proper coverage or preparation, furthering the whole mess
    Despite all this, perfection is expected at all times and you will hear about each and every mistake
    Middle management can often lead by intimidation and encourages non-use of comp time
    Inappropriate and rude comments and finger-pointing which got progressively worse over time.
    Employees seen as underperformers are quickly fired or managed out of the company. Some may see this as a pro.
    No 401K match

Upper management, be aware that middle management is scaring away past, present and potential future employees.
    Offer 401K matching to help even the playing field and let your young, entry-level employees start planning for their future.
    Show as much concern for your employees as for your own careers and remember that they're human.
    Make sure that work-life balance isn't just a thing you say to lure in new hires, but actually practiced.

3. Invests in employees,

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In my past places of employment, I was used to being one of the more focused and hard-working people on my team. At SWC, everyone around me is at the top of their game, passionate about what they do and driven to grow. At the same time, I've personally seen nothing but open collaboration and people who genuinely like sharing ideas and info with others. Fun environment, good people, lots of growth opps.

Cons

No 401(k) match yet, as has been said.

Keep open communication with your teams, it's refreshing from my past experiences. Meeting with Team Leads and managers to set tangible career path goals has been awesome. The company is in a growth mode and I really feel there is opportunity for me to grow for the long-term.

Stressful, yet immensely satisfying

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities for personal growth and skill development are plentiful. A majority of a consultant's time will be spent becoming experienced in technologies they already know very well, but a significant minority is also spent learning new things. If you have a main passion but also like to branch out into other exciting technologies, SWC is a great place to work. Also, the team at SWC works hard together AND plays hard together, making it an engaging place to work.

Cons

As is the nature of the business, consulting can be extremely stressful. As such, it is not a job for everybody. After 4 years, I was feeling burned out and in need of a change to a much less stressful environment. Also, opportunities for advancement, in some cases, tend to feel more tied to favoritism rather than the individual's merit.

Continue with all of the company perks, employee gatherings, and other fun events. I enjoyed my time at SWC very much. SWC is on the right track to continue its success for many years to come.

Amazing company to work for! If only they matched 401k!!

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management generally cares about their employee's career path. The president, VPs, project managers, etc all openly seek feedback from their employees. This is a place where you are truly given the opportunity to develop your skills.

Cons

No 401K match. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Several employees (including shareholders) constantly request 401K match, but we've yet to see any plan for a change.

If you want to have long term employees you need to start matching 401K.

7. Best company I've worked for so far.

Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

The other consultants here operate at a VERY high level, many are ridiculously smart when it comes to their area of focus. That gives you confidence walking in to a project that you've got the right team behind you should you need them. Your skills will get sharp and stay sharp.

Cons

No 401k matching as mentioned by someone else. Wouldn't mind more vacation time, but it's industry average here. I can't complain about too much else.

Mostly pleasant

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice, YOUNG crowd, happy and fun loving. There was always a person for a task, which allowed you to focus on your main objective.

Cons

There is some turf protecting with the senior management which got weird sometimes.
    401k matching would have been nice.

Consider allowing the consultants to focus on one or two projects at a time and complete them and then move on to the next project. practice some expectation management.

9. Fun Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

SWC has a great team dynamic and is a fun place to work. The management team is also very supportive and does whatever they can to help keep you motivated and provide you with opportunities to grow in your career. You also get to work on some pretty cool high tech projects and be part of a lot of fun activities that take place in the office each week.

Cons

Commuting to work in the winter can be a challenge.

10. I found a place to retire

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very fair compensation including bonuses and incentives and excellent work and life balance. Happy employees and cohesive teams. Wide range of technologies, on the job learning. Great management.

Cons

I honestly dont see anything negative to point out. 100% happy.

11. Best Job I Have Ever Had!

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

SWC is a great company! I love the work I do and enjoy all of my co-workers. The company culture emphasizes working hard and meeting goals, while avoiding excessive overtime or aggressive supervisors. It is evident that management actively works on employee development. I appreciate how decisions seem to be made using relevevant business reasons and often on a collaborative basis.

Cons

Elaborate parties are great and fun to attend but I would rather see those resources used toward a matching 401-k contribution or tuition reimbursement.

SWC Technology Partners Photos