SWC Technology Partners

Updated November 10, 2014
Updated November 10, 2014
4.3

Bob Knott

Amazing company to work for! If only they matched 401k!!

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management generally cares about their employee's career path. The president, VPs, project managers, etc all openly seek feedback from their employees. This is a place where you are truly given the opportunity to develop your skills.

Cons

No 401K match. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Several employees (including shareholders) constantly request 401K match, but we've yet to see any plan for a change.

If you want to have long term employees you need to start matching 401K.

Best company I've worked for so far.

Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

The other consultants here operate at a VERY high level, many are ridiculously smart when it comes to their area of focus. That gives you confidence walking in to a project that you've got the right team behind you should you need them. Your skills will get sharp and stay sharp.

Cons

No 401k matching as mentioned by someone else. Wouldn't mind more vacation time, but it's industry average here. I can't complain about too much else.

Mostly pleasant

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very nice, YOUNG crowd, happy and fun loving. There was always a person for a task, which allowed you to focus on your main objective.

Cons

There is some turf protecting with the senior management which got weird sometimes.
    401k matching would have been nice.

Consider allowing the consultants to focus on one or two projects at a time and complete them and then move on to the next project. practice some expectation management.

Fun Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SWC has a great team dynamic and is a fun place to work. The management team is also very supportive and does whatever they can to help keep you motivated and provide you with opportunities to grow in your career. You also get to work on some pretty cool high tech projects and be part of a lot of fun activities that take place in the office each week.

Cons

Commuting to work in the winter can be a challenge.

I found a place to retire

Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fair compensation including bonuses and incentives and excellent work and life balance. Happy employees and cohesive teams. Wide range of technologies, on the job learning. Great management.

Cons

I honestly dont see anything negative to point out. 100% happy.

Best Job I Have Ever Had!

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

SWC is a great company! I love the work I do and enjoy all of my co-workers. The company culture emphasizes working hard and meeting goals, while avoiding excessive overtime or aggressive supervisors. It is evident that management actively works on employee development. I appreciate how decisions seem to be made using relevevant business reasons and often on a collaborative basis.

Cons

Elaborate parties are great and fun to attend but I would rather see those resources used toward a matching 401-k contribution or tuition reimbursement.

Too small with no growth potential

I worked at SWC Technology Partners

Pros

mild mannered management personalities, beer on fridays

Cons

This company was too small when I worked here and there was no other path I cold grow into other than my current role. This position stifled me and my growth and I was made empty promises from the CEO that never came to fruition. This was run more like a Mom and Pap shop with the lowest paid salary in the industry.

SWC truly is one of the best companies to work for, they care about their employees and in turn get 150% back!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SWC has one of the best cultures I have seen, we work really hard, we play really hard but the collaborative learning environment is second to none! Everyone here has a voice and an opportunity to shine. They really promote those who give it all!

Cons

SWC offers so much to their clients and employees, we are not a household name yet, but should be. If you need a company that cares about you, apply here!

Our management empowers, they listen, they take ideas and put them into action. That is truly the key to our success! They promote work life balance, flextime, hard work and career aspirations.

Awesome! Exactly the type of company I want to work for.

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, happy employees and great management. I do not have one bad thing to say about SWC.

Cons

You will never go hungry. There is always food and drinks in the kitchen so a con if you are on a diet.

Keep on being great! Management cares about all employees wants and needs.

Fantastic place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Super nice people who really care about hiring top talent and making them happy so they stay. Investing in employees as far as getting them certified and exposed to top technology. Keeping them happy with good work-life balance and fun social activities. Management is very open to ideas and implementing them. Excellent benefits. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we get all the latest programs and toys to play with first.

And ridiculously nice holiday party (This year they rented out the Hard Rock Cafe and got everyone plus one guest a hotel for the night). Lots of other events, 5K runs, etc. People genuinely like everyone here. No drama.

Cons

No 401(k) match yet, but we've been told it's coming.

Offer a 401(k) matching program.

SWC Technology Partners Photos