SWC Technology Partners Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Bob Knott

1. Great People, Great Place to work.

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees at SWC are great, and Management focuses on the happiness and personal growth of the employees. Employees are always happy to help each other out, and there is a lot of in house expertise.

Cons

The projects are challenging. Expect to work hard, development your skills, and expand your knowledge. It is a consulting live-style, you will be expected to jungle multiple projects for multiple clients at the same time.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire only the best candidates. Continue to share the company's growth plan, strategies, and outlook. Continue to work hard on retaining the best talent.

2. Beginning of a great sales career

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great upper management with clear vision for success & very approachable
    -Growing company yet still small enough to know everyone
    -Great benefits and compensation plan
    -Working with new technology & learn from incredibly intelligent people
    -Tons of free food & beer on Fridays

Cons

-No matching 401k
    -Entry level position

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

3. Great technology sales role

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners

Pros

The company is fun and puts a lot of emphasis on keeping people happy!
    Great opportunities to learn.
    Engaged management.
    Consultative, smart selling.
    A great launch into the tech world!

Cons

There is no 401K matching, but that's a small con.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the focus on employee happiness and development... keep it up!

5. Great Position for getting into IT Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Lot of support from upper managment. Weekly meetings with several VP's who have a geniune interest in your success.
    -Great people. Everyone's success is tied in together which creates a team of very supportive co workers.
    -Rare oppurtunity to learn the in's and out's of all major IT consulting practices areas. I have in depth conversations on a daily basis about infrastructure projects, custom software development, Managed IT Services, and Digital Marketing.
    -Company works hard to create a good culture. Lot's of parties, free food, beer on fridays, ect...

Cons

-No matching 401k.
    -No clear path for job advancement from inside sales position.
    -Oak Brook location not ideal for commute.

6. Technology Experts

Current Employee - Consultant in Shorewood, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Shorewood, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place if you are passionate about technology. There is an expert in everything, and so I am always learning from my peers. Very team oriented environment where everyone will make time to help you, provide experienced advice, and in general just brainstorm with. You will work with top tier tech professionals on every project. If you are driven, want to work with cutting edge technology and continuously learn, and enjoy success then this is a place for you.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. 401k match and more vacation time would be nice, but the compensation makes up for that. I enjoy both the work and people at swc, nothing negative there.

Advice to Management

I love the entrepreneurial spirit of swc, please don't ever lose that. The information that is shared on company goals and performance, and short term initiatives is also great and keeps us focused on the important stuff. Lastly, keep caring about all the employees as much as you do today...they make your business the place it is and all the appreciation currently shown doesn't go unnoticed. Everything you do today with the recognition, work life balance, career opportunities, and all the fun extras make swc a place to stay for the long term.

7. Misc.

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Plenty of employees that are at the top of their profession
    -Team work and camaraderie are plentiful. Everyone is willing to help out.
    - Salary is very good for supportive positions
    - Easy to take PTO or flex time
    - Plenty of food each week
    - Company really tries to show appreciation for employees

Cons

- Lack of growth opportunities in my department
    - manager has poor training & communication skills.

Advice to Management

Please institute a better career path program for all the departments as opposed to just the consultants.

8. Management Style Needs to Change

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

The people there are great, but that is about all I can think of. Everyone thinks the awards are great, but the team just does a bunch of outings for a photo opportunities or trying to keep employees happy.

Cons

The management and leadership is a true let down. Not only were things promised and never fulfilled, but leadership micromanages and doesn't allow you to grow in your career. They never seemed to listen to concerns I had or offered to help in situations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and take action when you see fit. When things are pushed under a rug for a while, things are going to blow up. I know soon they are going to lose a lot of people.

9. Lack of Focused Leadership

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at SWC Technology Partners full-time

Pros

High quality free coffee every morning, occasional free food. Frequent happy hour events. Some people that work here are awesome.

Cons

This company is very segmented and cliquey. There is a lot of favoritism going on that trickles down from upper management. The Environment is also too sterile, it's similar to working in a grade school library where raising your volume or having a casual conversation with a co-worker will draw the attention of management in a bad way. There is a LOT of micro-management. The incentives for the inside sales team are poorly thought out and do not encourage a strategic approach. Finally, the opportunities to grow in sales-roles are extremely limited as it is a small company.

Advice to Management

Lighten up, stop micro-managing and put some trust back into your employees. Open up the communication between leadership and inside sales.

Great team culture and growth opportunity!

I worked at SWC Technology Partners

Pros

- Excellent team culture! Company outings, wellness program, social Fridays, catered food, etc.
    - Work hard/play hard environment that encourages growth and opportunity if you are dedicated and willing to learn.
    - Tons of exposure to various technologies.
    - The Managed Services and Infrastructure teams have extremely talented engineers that are always willing to mentor, shadow, and provide learning opportunities.
    - Although the organization has significantly grown over the past few years, it still manages to be a cohesive organization (no small office antics, gossip, etc.)
    - Career advisors and management that cares about each employees goals, aspirations and overall success.
    - Well organized cohesive organization.
    - Work/life balance is excellent for an IT organization. We all know IT comes with a few long nights, cutovers, fires, etc. but comp time is encouraged.

Cons

- No 401K match
    - No tuition reimbursement however they do encourage and pay for Certifications
    - You learn to get sick of Maggianos and other various Oakbrook restaurants after the first few months...
    - For an organization that focuses on Mid-Market Chicagoland business, I'm surprised they don't have a downtown Chicago office

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work. I can imagine its hard growing a business while keeping the same culture of a small organization.

11. Great Work Environment and Place to Grow in Managed Services - Employees are Empowered to Make a Difference

Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at SWC Technology Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries
    Comp and Flex time
    Not called while on vacation - encouraged to disconnect
    Excellent culture and teamwork
    Room to grow - career advisors help you
    Performance reviews and customized growth plans
    Middle management cares about the success and work satisfaction of each teammate
    Knowledge sharing
    Friendly and high performing teams which give great customer service internally and externally (teammates share similar values)
    Training and Exam Reimbursement
    Each person is empowered to make a difference and help the department/organization achieve goals
    Team and Company outings

Cons

Long hours on occasion - which comes with being in the IT field
    No tuition reimbursement or 401K (but salaries are very competitive and bonuses for achievements)

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing your employees and listening to our suggestions. It is nice to see our suggestions are valued and quickly implemented. Seeing how it makes a positive and immediate impact to the customers/team/department/company helps encourage us to be innovative. It is also nice to work with other high performing teammates. It makes a difference in our individual and team success! Thank you for caring!

RSS Feed </> Embed