SWC Technology Partners

SWC Technology Partners Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Bob Knott

Mostly pleasant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery nice, YOUNG crowd, happy and fun loving. There was always a person for a task, which allowed you to focus on your main objective.

ConsThere is some turf protecting with the senior management which got weird sometimes.
    401k matching would have been nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider allowing the consultants to focus on one or two projects at a time and complete them and then move on to the next project. practice some expectation management.

Fun Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsSWC has a great team dynamic and is a fun place to work. The management team is also very supportive and does whatever they can to help keep you motivated and provide you with opportunities to grow in your career. You also get to work on some pretty cool high tech projects and be part of a lot of fun activities that take place in the office each week.

ConsCommuting to work in the winter can be a challenge.

I found a place to retire

Staff Consultant (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsVery fair compensation including bonuses and incentives and excellent work and life balance. Happy employees and cohesive teams. Wide range of technologies, on the job learning. Great management.

ConsI honestly dont see anything negative to point out. 100% happy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Job I Have Ever Had!

ProsSWC is a great company! I love the work I do and enjoy all of my co-workers. The company culture emphasizes working hard and meeting goals, while avoiding excessive overtime or aggressive supervisors. It is evident that management actively works on employee development. I appreciate how decisions seem to be made using relevevant business reasons and often on a collaborative basis.

ConsElaborate parties are great and fun to attend but I would rather see those resources used toward a matching 401-k contribution or tuition reimbursement.

SWC truly is one of the best companies to work for, they care about their employees and in turn get 150% back!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsSWC has one of the best cultures I have seen, we work really hard, we play really hard but the collaborative learning environment is second to none! Everyone here has a voice and an opportunity to shine. They really promote those who give it all!

ConsSWC offers so much to their clients and employees, we are not a household name yet, but should be. If you need a company that cares about you, apply here!

Advice to Senior ManagementOur management empowers, they listen, they take ideas and put them into action. That is truly the key to our success! They promote work life balance, flextime, hard work and career aspirations.

Too small with no growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmild mannered management personalities, beer on fridays

ConsThis company was too small when I worked here and there was no other path I cold grow into other than my current role. This position stifled me and my growth and I was made empty promises from the CEO that never came to fruition. This was run more like a Mom and Pap shop with the lowest paid salary in the industry.

Awesome! Exactly the type of company I want to work for.

ProsGreat benefits, happy employees and great management. I do not have one bad thing to say about SWC.

ConsYou will never go hungry. There is always food and drinks in the kitchen so a con if you are on a diet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on being great! Management cares about all employees wants and needs.

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsSuper nice people who really care about hiring top talent and making them happy so they stay. Investing in employees as far as getting them certified and exposed to top technology. Keeping them happy with good work-life balance and fun social activities. Management is very open to ideas and implementing them. Excellent benefits. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we get all the latest programs and toys to play with first.

And ridiculously nice holiday party (This year they rented out the Hard Rock Cafe and got everyone plus one guest a hotel for the night). Lots of other events, 5K runs, etc. People genuinely like everyone here. No drama.

ConsNo 401(k) match yet, but we've been told it's coming.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a 401(k) matching program.

If you are willing to put in the time, you will be rewarded

Infrastructure Consultant (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsYou can pretty much work as much or as little as you want. A few strong consultants will work more than 200 hours in a month. As a consultant you have a lot of autonomy. There is very little middle management. The managers that are in place, at least on the Managed Services and Infrastructure side are experienced and very intelligent. The hiring process weeds out the weak candidates, and usually only smart, enthusiastic candidates are brought in. As a consultant you are able to define your limitations and encouraged to grow your areas where you are weak. There are many other consultants with deep skill sets that when combined are able to deliver complex solutions....To the commentators that speak of low salary, you may need to learn better negotiating tactics. A lot of the employees are under 30 and might not have enough practical experience to know what their value is.

ConsDue to a light management philosophy projects can run into trouble. The feedback both positive and negative is often too late to have much of an impact. As the company grows, there will be a need to cut off many of their current smaller clients, reducing learning opportunities. Too many lone wolves. The most successful projects/solutions are often the result of a collaborative effort, yet there is a resistance by management to assign more than one engineer at a time to a specific client/project.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs your company grows, project management will need to grow. Too many times there were inconsistencies between deployments. You have a lot of really smart people, and you need to figure out a way to use them together to get results that are greater than individual efforts.

Excellent Source of Knowledge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oak Brook, IL

Pros-Friendly co-workers
    -Young, energetic workforce
    -Friday Happy Hour
    -Constantly learning
    -Good, bonus-related incentives
    -Well known in the Chicago-land area
    -Outside work, bonding activities

Cons-Pay is on the lower side
    -No 401k matching
    -(maybe not exactly a con) Smaller company, meaning stars shine but under performing is noticed as well

Advice to Senior Management-Keep on doing what you're doing
    -Offer match to 401k

Worked for SWC Technology Partners? Contribute to the Community!