SYGMA Network

Updated January 5, 2015
3.5

Alan W. Kelso

1. Featured Review

It is a challenging and great place to work. Very steady volume, great benefits and incentives. Warehouse has great shif

Current Employee - Warehouse
    Current Employee - Warehouse

I have been working at SYGMA Network full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, and incentives. The management team is experienced and supportive! There are great incentive plans!

Cons

7 day operation - but great 4 day work week shifts in the warehouse - associates are supportive of one another

hold the associates accountable, continue to coach and train. Hire experienced applicants

Oct 30, 2014Director

Thank you for the positive review, we're glad you like your SYGMA career!

If anything else this is a great stepping stone company. If you don't mind hard work then you'll fit right in.

Current Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Driver in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at SYGMA Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can make as much money as you want.

Cons

Hardest job I have ever had. Single route guys are gone from 26 hours to 32 hours at a time, team route guys are gone from 17 hours to 24 hours at a time. Can't talk on phone (even with a Bluetooth) while driving and u only get one warning.

Management is great to you if you are great to them. Do your job right and you get respect.

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Sygma Team Member in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sygma Team Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SYGMA Network full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is fair,good benefits, we get holidays paid 1 1/2, also, the provide all employees uniform so we do not have to spend money on extra cloths.

Cons

Most of the Supervisor do not use their common sense, their instructions go against the company gains. They try to finish an assignment without thinking of tomorrow.

The company should evaluate its management team every 6 months, for example: Make management team take a elementary level reasoning test like Math or Reading Comprehension , if they can not pass those test, how they can run a department or a company.

Alot of work but rewarding.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at SYGMA Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits , call in pay, safety bonus, paid personal days and you get paid vacation.

Cons

You work nights, sometimes trailer is loaded poorly, and you start off on the extra board.

Put yourself in the drivers shoes!

Dec 4, 2014Director

Thank you for your feedback, sounds like SYGMA is a great fit for you!

Great place with tons of upside

I have been working at SYGMA Network

Pros

Wages benefits training facilities managent

Cons

Strenuous work, work on some holidays, no consecutive days off unless youre high seniority

More than not the equipment and materials needed to do the job isnt available. Spend too much time looking for pallets while being timed. Develope some process to have material ready for use at end of order instead of having to dig through 9foot piles of broken heavy pallets.

Dec 4, 2014Director

We appreciate your post, thanks for taking the time and we'll look into your concerns.

Its a job

I have been working at SYGMA Network

Pros

If you work your butt off you will make the money and good benifits.

Cons

Trailer never load it right. They say this and they say that but nothing really change

Listen to your drivers

Oct 30, 2014Director

Thank you for your post, we appreciate all feedback.

Great place to work at

Former Employee - Transportation Analyst in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Transportation Analyst in Dublin, OH

I worked at SYGMA Network as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Organized and likes their employees

Cons

Normal office back biting gossip

Hire people based on their skill sets, not from manager friends

Oct 30, 2014Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

must be in the in crowd to get decent routes...

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SYGMA Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

As a driver for Sygma, if you work hard work, there is good money, but the hours are long, and not much home life. Not much of a family oriented company. If you can wade through all the problems and make your way off the extra board to get an actual bid the job is fine. The benefits are OK. Just be careful. Management only have your back until they don't need it. They will find a reason to fire you if they don't like you, I'm not only a member but the president!! Best advice for new drivers. Be accurate on your deliveries and they will love you. The hardest part of my job is not having the resources needed to get my job done properly and efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships I have built with my co-workers, some that I'm still in touch with.

Cons

Director of transportation and manager were fired in summer of 2013, and 4 month later, days I took off under FLMA was not being counted as FLMA days. I was given a week to bring in doctors notes or be terminated. I called FLMA company that tracks days and time out and was told be them I didn't need doctors note because all the days that I took off and reported to them was I turn reported to Sygma. They didn't understand why Sygma waited so long if there was a discrepancy to ask for documentation, when under federal law, all I was obligated to do was notify them and Sygma within a couple of hours of my start time. I was told to fight this, but I was already working within weeks of them terminating me, and with the birth of my son, didn't need another distraction. Management there does not give support to supervisors. They will back stab each other, every chance they get. VP/GM is involved in day to day but is the worst person to ask to mediate issues. He will tell you talk with the mgr. Then he always tells you that he agrees with what they said. They can NEVER KEEP managers very long. I was there 2 years and have seen multiple mgrs. and transportation directors, just research and see how many times transportation supervisor job has been posted in last six months in charlotte nc. That should speak volumes. They simply can not retain supervisors or drivers. Management talks negatively about drivers behind closed doors and mistreat them which is the reason for such a high driver turn over rate. If you are new the other drivers will treat you like you are dumber than dirt. The warehouse workers do not care at all in the slightest way about how your load is handled or loaded. You WILL waste the most time looking for 1 or 2 pieces for your stores or digging out a pallet that has been misplaced. If you complain about them management will tell you that you are the last line of defense, and that the loads are not an issue, and they are doing everything correctly. So if you come here to work in the warehouse, know that you can do this job as bad as you wish and management will treat you like gold. So lets summarize: Favoritism, lack of communication, unprofessional staff, poor management, large employee hire /fire rate. No room for advancement, constant lies from management. I think that's about says It all!! Do yourself a favor and stay clear!!

Oct 30, 2014Director

All feedback is appreciated as we continually strive to improve.

Ok job, not a career.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Newnan, GA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Newnan, GA

I have been working at SYGMA Network full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is good if you are willing to work. 2 drivers so you are not alone during overnight deliveries. 401k is decent. Good job if you want to make a quick buck, but definitely not a career.

Cons

Management is horrible. The only way to complete the routes in the times they give you is to work out of the berth, which violates DOT regulations. Not much home time, management will flat out lie to get you to come in and run extra routes- Example: You get a phone call saying you have 4 stops in GA, when you arrive, you notice they "forget" to tell you that you also have a stop in Montgomery, AL. Backhauls are also a big issue. After working for 20-28 hours, you have to go sit at a backhaul for 5-7 hours. And backhaul pay is only 40 dollars.

Better treatment of drivers to reduce turnover rate. Don't pick and choose which rules you want to follow at certain times.

Decent place to work

I worked at SYGMA Network

Pros

Workweeks are 40 hours a week and that's it. You get a solid hour lunch break, and in most cases can choose your work hours.Most employees are fun and easy-going. It's a pretty typical office job. No huge surprises.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement. Raises or bonuses are sparse. The annual review process is antiquated and needs updated. The office is very bland and drab which bothered me more than I thought it would. And to echo the other reviews--tons of young employees and tons of lifers. If you fall in the middle somewhere, it's difficult to connect with other employees.

It's amazing how diverse the employees are at Sygma, but little is done to tap into their abilities outside of basic data entry. Get to know everybody a little better and you might be pleasantly surprised.

SYGMA Network Photos