SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros:
  • "Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Good working environment and the people are friendly"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic"
    in 9 reviews
  • "This company has a extremely high turn over rate"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Call center

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee)
Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

ProsPay is above average for position
Training prepares you well for work demands
Upper management cares about employees success.
No other pros as far as I can see.

ConsShifts can be long depending on your client and scheduling needs for the client.
Servers used ran far slower than were needed for the amount of calls being handled.

sykes wise

Team Leader (Current Employee)
Makati City (Philippines)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood benefits better culture fast phase environment

Consno more annual increase given

Advice to Senior Managementcheck the benefits and salary your providing

Interesting

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee)
Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

ProsThe experience and the easy hire process. Possibly the most decent job in this very small city.

ConsWhen hired for this position, the agents in the training class was told that desired shifts would be available and that was not the case. We were told that after a certain amount of time, we could put in for a shift change if we needed an earlier shift for emergency purposes only. I submitted paperwork and documentation, however I was denied a change. Upon the denied request, I voluntarily resigned. After I had resigned, my section manager informed me that it was approved. I was disappointed. Also, for all the work that is done, I believe $10 an hour would be more suitable for this position.

Good place to work

I have been working at SYKES

ProsIt has a good environment when working and the chances to improve your careers are good

ConsThe payment it's not good enough and some times working in there is stressful

Disappointed

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Makati City (Philippines)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood good good good Benefits,

ConsPoor, unsympathetic Administrators, lacks professionalism

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk your Talk

sykes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SYKES full-time

Prosthey pay good and the job is not that hard

Consmust be able to deal with customers attuitude

great company

RSD (Former Employee)
Kingstree, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Proswork with you on your hours, and lots of schedules to choose from.

Conswith lots of shifts its lots of employees its hard to get good shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Weekends off shifts

Stressful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SYKES

ProsYou have some great co-workers and make some awesome friends! Free SiriusXM radio subscription in you car and internet is cool.

ConsI worked in lakeland 1, in the SiriusXM department... The management was horrible, she had already drove 3 other contracts into the ground, doesn't care about employees or customers, just money. Stressful sales calls, you call the same customers over and over again until they subscribe or DNC, you get written up for not making enough sales (even if most your calls were voicemails or reschedules), forgetting to say recording statement, or other stupid stuff... They tell you in training it's easy to make sales and get commission, but they LIE! You only get the extra cash if you make every sale perfect and without flaw. Not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and your customers just as much, if not more than you bank accounts, their the ones that make money the money possible.

Sucks

I have been working at SYKES

ProsA paycheck every 2 weeks. Good job to hold you over until the next better one comes along

ConsThe pay is not competitive .. Promotions are biased and improperly trained... Somehow they don't pay for all your days and management doesn't seem to know how or why but then takes their precious time to get your money. I didn't get my 6 month raise due to them starting off at wrong hourly rate ..

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together properly train people.. Better competitive pay and definite raises.

They lied to get me to work for them

Pearson Support (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

ProsMy trainer was a nice person.

ConsPoor pay, back to back calls, dishonesty. When I was hired (two months ago) I was told the job had no end date. This was reiterated throughout the month of training. Out of the blue last week we're told they are letting go of 2/3rds of the people they hired due to call volume slowing down. A little notice so I could at least look for something else would've been nice. They send an email saying 'As you were told during hire, this position is temporary', except we were actually told the opposite of that. Thanks for the waste of time sykes. Also, so far as I know I did nothing wrong. I was never written up or coached, I was told I was doing a good job if I asked. A good portion of the time the customers called up frustrated, me being the 3rd person they'd spoken with that day, and I was able to resolve their issues quickly and get them to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with ethics and morals to run the company.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All 255 reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.