SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility(in 22 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic(in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management(in 8 reviews)

They lied to get me to work for them

Pearson Support (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMy trainer was a nice person.

ConsPoor pay, back to back calls, dishonesty. When I was hired (two months ago) I was told the job had no end date. This was reiterated throughout the month of training. Out of the blue last week we're told they are letting go of 2/3rds of the people they hired due to call volume slowing down. A little notice so I could at least look for something else would've been nice. They send an email saying 'As you were told during hire, this position is temporary', except we were actually told the opposite of that. Thanks for the waste of time sykes. Also, so far as I know I did nothing wrong. I was never written up or coached, I was told I was doing a good job if I asked. A good portion of the time the customers called up frustrated, me being the 3rd person they'd spoken with that day, and I was able to resolve their issues quickly and get them to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with ethics and morals to run the company.

Aka Alpine Access

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsWork from home that's all.

ConsNot paid for tech issues experienced with the equipment the company provides, micromanaged to the fullest extent. Negative quality scores that are really based on the company and not your service provided are counted against you even when customers specify it's not about you. Management/Team Leaders are liars and half the time have no intelligent answers to solve your problems nor the problems of the customers. Your quality rating scores are altered by the company to make you look bad when you ask too many questions that they can't answer to set you up for termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize the company, recognize and appreciate quality employees, stick to your policies and don't apply them only to the companies advantage. In other words get your sh** together!

Worst job I've ever had

Customer Support Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey had such a high turnover rate they would hire anyone.

ConsThe customers were either angry or crazy, local management was useless, and corporate management seemed to be actively hostile toward their employees. Constant mandatory overtime to make up for the fact that they couldn't keep employees more than a month past the training. Taking away all of the tools that would allow us to quickly and effectively do our job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your employees just a little higher on the scale of important things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shady Company- stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only PRO with this company is working from home.

ConsDuring the interview you are told of the multiple incentives and bonuses which you will never receive or no one you ask will know about again, You WILL spend time off the clock working without pay. They will not tell you about this until the end of your training when you start into production. If your computer (that they provide) or software (their software) messes up (and it will), you will not be paid for the time it takes you to restart and reload all of the software. They will tell you you will get paid, but they will find a way to not have to pay you. Expect this to happen several times a shift. I was scheduled for 40 hours a week, and only get 33-35 on my check per week. Not to mention I was early EVERY day to ensure I had all programs and software loaded (all unpaid) I NEVER received the attendance bonus even though I never missed one single day. I never received the other incentives for my metrics either. Had I known what I learned the hard way I would've never joined this company. Save your 45$ and find a legitimate company that is willing to pay you for what you do. It only pays from 8-10$ hr as it is, to have several hours of that taken that was hard earned money every week was just too much to accept.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being honest with your employees. Start accepting responsibility for your job and take care of tech issues and ensure your workers are getting paid properly.

SYKES KFT BUDAPEST!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Budapest (Hungary)

ProsNo way to say something positive...bad salary and no possibility to challenge

ConsI don't recomment to anyone...think before getting a job there..many place in budapest can provide you a better jobs!

Advice to Senior Managementdisorganized no logic of work and no education background..included HR.

Bad company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL

ProsThey hire everybody and the pay isn't all bad

ConsBad management all managers unprofessional and some are criminals

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the company

Looks Good On the Outside

Fashion Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWorking From Home
    Release shifts up to the day they are scheduled
    Pick up extra shifts when desired
    Great relationships with other CSPs

ConsLawsuit against company for not paying agents for hours worked and overtime
    Paid by your virtual soft phone and not by a time card, which allows the company to alter it
    Careless management; lack of support
    high turn over rate
    extremely low pay
    Over the top micromanagement by so call team leaders that are no more knowledgeable than the agents but yet get paid to sit around and give orders
    Company will write you up the first chance they get (was accused of call avoidance because of a technical issue preventing callers from hearing me)
    If you are not meeting the performance requirements, you are yelled it. If you are exceeding the requirements, you're accused of foul play and your job is threatened. You loose either way.

Take responsibility for your software malfunctions

Account Management Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home. I really enjoy my job when i can actually do it and dont have to deal with rude managers and people who could care less and only want to blame you for their issues.

ConsManagement does not listen when you try to talk to them. They are rude and cant answer questions,

Technical issues and lots of them. Then they blame you for technical issues with their software. When you ask for help it's either your fault or they cant help.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for the software issues and stop blaming it on employees.

Horrible experience at Sykes

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pro here is that they provide a computer for you to use for your shift and the fact that you can work from home.

ConsThe cons are as follows: The pay sucks, if you get paid at all. I have been scheduled for 63 hours in two weeks and was only paid for 57 of them. Why? Tech issues. If you're having a tech problem, you need to troubleshoot, and troubleshooting is NOT PAID. Information is changing constantly, and the team leads are all new. All of them. None of them know anything when you ask questions, the only answer they give is "I will look into that for you" and never get back to you. 6 weeks of training in a online class room with a week of calls, and then after the 6 weeks is done, you're in another 12 weeks of on the job training where your survey scores determine if you graduate or not. Note, this was not explained during the 6 week initial training. Your calls are constantly listened to and you are micromanaged on everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take some time to consider your employees feelings and concerns. You ask us to email you with concerns but you never respond, theres no action taken.

my experience was enjoyable at the beginning; however I was treated very unfair the longer I stayed with the company.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Malvern, AR

ProsI was able to enhance my customer service skills with this company.

ConsThe company show a numerous about of favoritism towards a few selected people in the company.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!