SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros:
  • "Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility"
    in 22 reviews
  • "great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic"
    in 10 reviews
  • "The turn over rate is horrible since they will hire anyone"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Poor operations. No clear direction. Alpine operations & Sykes still operating as two not one.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros that i believe can be shared about this former employer.

ConsTwo years after the Alpine buy-out there is still uncertainty about who is running who. Too many Execs with lack of operation skills. Very ho-hum. Time wasted on non-essential reports 'that have always been done'.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust focus for true operations and not the flavor identified by who is in charge. Stronger Strategic involvement from the Board is needed.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Leadership

Technical Trainer (Current Employee)
    Fayetteville, NC

ProsOpportunities, friendly environment, good location

ConsMiscommunication, contradicted policies, organization and schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is one of the important keys for success.

Worst Managment Practices I have ever seen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady pay check, Accurate pay check, Timely pay check, Publically traded company, Global company, Always hiring, They have been around awhile.

ConsAlpine Access has created a dog eat dog environment where good people are held back because of the insecurities of others. Before Alpine Access was acquired the company valued good talent and rewarded tenure, longevity, and skills. After Alpine Access people are asked to do thing underhandedly to promote the Kingdoms that they are trying to build. This mentality is quickly rotting the core of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry less about building your kingdom and more about promoting the business in the best way possible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great way to start your career, if nothing good happens to you in 2 years - time to move on!

Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Pros- great start of a career
    - very good promotion opportunities, if you are really good
    - very nice atmosphere
    - nice collective (in general)
    - access to lots of products you can test (depending on the client you work for)
    - constant trainings
    - nice source of income for the first years of your career

Cons- doesn't know about employee motivation, they wait for their clients to do this for their people
    - doesn't care about employee's retention
    - management is not experienced
    - works through friendships
    - lack of transparency

Advice to Senior Management- you would need a more experienced management, that can bring a fresh vision
    - value your employees more, you let them go way too easily
    - train yourselves and accept you are not perfect and you still have things to learn

Worst Employer in the Area

Call Center Agent (Former Employee)
    Fort Smith, AR

ProsDecent pay and most coworkers nice

ConsHorrible upper management and site organization. When hired Sykes tells you about all the schedule flexibility and then refuse to change schedules. Seniority has nothing to do with moving up in the company and upper management and leadership treat you awful by cursing at you and only moving up younger cute women and women willing to be more than employees. Many managers and leads have been placed there by having relationships with the people in charge. Employes have absolutely no input or chance to give feedback.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your jobs without shouting and belittling subordinates who keep you in your job. Stop wasting money and then telling employees raises are not possible.

Hired full time, gets 5 hours a week

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
    Lakeland, FL

ProsThe pay was decent.

ConsNot with five hours a week! Our section was slow, so they sent people home everyday after an hour or so of work. I was hired under the impression I would work full time. Management picks favorites, there was no upwards mobility, and the attitudes from managers were horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your attitudes. You cut peoples hours from forty to ten or less a week with no regard and no [ay, and wonder why turn over is so high.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Disappointed

A&F Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe only pro is you are working from home.

ConsCall volume dropped on the project that I was on and I was removed from the program and placed back into the job pool. I am now waiting to be placed on another project.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring so many people for projects at one time that way you don't have to remove people from projects right when they are getting comfortable with doing the work. I would recommend the company because I enjoyed working on the project that I was on while I was on it.

Positive, but not paid enough.

Tampa, FL

ProsFlexible work environment. Exceptional leadership.

ConsThe pay isn't commensurate with the job requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the salary caps, promote faster, reward success and punish failure.

Worst company in Florida

Team Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany would hire anyone , & some of the workers are great people to become friends

ConsCompany is not properly trained on what to do , High turn over rate , poor pay with only 1 raise until 2016 unless promotion , promotions are based off who you know all management know each other from previous employer or an sexual relationship , very unprofessional , bad look in Polk county everyone talks about how bad you job it and renamed it to Club Sykes because the way the people dress , company will soon loose contract with AT&T & Others companies because of the bad representation

Advice to Senior ManagementAll management at Sykes needs to be replaced and hired again not site director , 3 to 4 site directors in less than 2 years that's a bad look maybe all management under site director is the question. Good luck to everyone at the company now please look for another job before it's to late

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good BPO Company for starters.

Technical Support Professional (Current Employee)
    Quezon City, National Capital Region (Philippines)

ProsGood working environment and the people are friendly.

ConsLow salary and no annual increase.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All 289 reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.