SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros:
  • "Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility"
    in 22 reviews
  • "great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic"
    in 10 reviews
  • "The turn over rate is horrible since they will hire anyone"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Aka Alpine Access

Raleigh, NC

ProsWork from home that's all.

ConsNot paid for tech issues experienced with the equipment the company provides, micromanaged to the fullest extent. Negative quality scores that are really based on the company and not your service provided are counted against you even when customers specify it's not about you. Management/Team Leaders are liars and half the time have no intelligent answers to solve your problems nor the problems of the customers. Your quality rating scores are altered by the company to make you look bad when you ask too many questions that they can't answer to set you up for termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize the company, recognize and appreciate quality employees, stick to your policies and don't apply them only to the companies advantage. In other words get your sh** together!

Shady Company- stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only PRO with this company is working from home.

ConsDuring the interview you are told of the multiple incentives and bonuses which you will never receive or no one you ask will know about again, You WILL spend time off the clock working without pay. They will not tell you about this until the end of your training when you start into production. If your computer (that they provide) or software (their software) messes up (and it will), you will not be paid for the time it takes you to restart and reload all of the software. They will tell you you will get paid, but they will find a way to not have to pay you. Expect this to happen several times a shift. I was scheduled for 40 hours a week, and only get 33-35 on my check per week. Not to mention I was early EVERY day to ensure I had all programs and software loaded (all unpaid) I NEVER received the attendance bonus even though I never missed one single day. I never received the other incentives for my metrics either. Had I known what I learned the hard way I would've never joined this company. Save your 45$ and find a legitimate company that is willing to pay you for what you do. It only pays from 8-10$ hr as it is, to have several hours of that taken that was hard earned money every week was just too much to accept.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart being honest with your employees. Start accepting responsibility for your job and take care of tech issues and ensure your workers are getting paid properly.

Worst job I've ever had

Customer Support Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey had such a high turnover rate they would hire anyone.

ConsThe customers were either angry or crazy, local management was useless, and corporate management seemed to be actively hostile toward their employees. Constant mandatory overtime to make up for the fact that they couldn't keep employees more than a month past the training. Taking away all of the tools that would allow us to quickly and effectively do our job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your employees just a little higher on the scale of important things.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Job, easy to learn

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Amherst, NY

ProsEasy sit down job, Payed Training, and easy to pick up

ConsWork Schedule, angry callers rarely.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Shift options

There is potential

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Milton-Freewater, OR

ProsDepending on management, there is recognition, advancement and job satifactory.

ConsNo retirement, after 5 years or more service one will be set up for failure. Notice that the only tenured employees are executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to John Sykes philosphy of business.

Customer service

Prosits a job that is easy to get

Consbad pay is really poor

Bad company

Lakeland, FL

ProsThey hire everybody and the pay isn't all bad

ConsBad management all managers unprofessional and some are criminals

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch the company

Looks Good On the Outside

Fashion Representative (Former Employee)

ProsWorking From Home
    Release shifts up to the day they are scheduled
    Pick up extra shifts when desired
    Great relationships with other CSPs

ConsLawsuit against company for not paying agents for hours worked and overtime
    Paid by your virtual soft phone and not by a time card, which allows the company to alter it
    Careless management; lack of support
    high turn over rate
    extremely low pay
    Over the top micromanagement by so call team leaders that are no more knowledgeable than the agents but yet get paid to sit around and give orders
    Company will write you up the first chance they get (was accused of call avoidance because of a technical issue preventing callers from hearing me)
    If you are not meeting the performance requirements, you are yelled it. If you are exceeding the requirements, you're accused of foul play and your job is threatened. You loose either way.

Large company that cares nothing for the employees of the businesses they buy up.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey will hire anyone (literally anyone)

ConsThe turn over rate is horrible since they will hire anyone. Sykes streamlines the management staff so your workload is almost unbearable. There is this push from somewhere up in higher management than makes everyone do more work in less time. They will offer you below the average to do your job or threaten to send your job overseas, and then cut your job anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet some Americans have some jobs. If you didn't overwork your staff to save a dollar you might actually see sucess here. Care about the people who work for you, not just the bottom line.

Customer Service Representative

Lakeland, FL

ProsGood opportunities to grow with the company

ConsThe Schedule time frame wish i would have had a different Schedule

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!

SYKES Videos

SYKES – Why Work for Us?

For more than 30 years, SYKES has been in the business of creating and maintaining satisfying relationships between client companies and their customers. During this time, they have also been creating gratifying jobs… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SYKES reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SYKES CEO Chuck Sykes. All 289 reviews posted anonymously by SYKES employees.