SYKES Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunity to get real customer service experience

Current Employee - Sykes Team Manager  in  Milton-Freewater, OR
    Current Employee - Sykes Team Manager in Milton-Freewater, OR

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities for advancement if you are willing to chase them. Performance focused environment that really strives to provide the best opportunity for the agents to excel and develop.

Cons

Difficult to get time for personal problems. Sketchy tracking of metrics that are used to evaluate agent performance.

Great place to work!!

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive environment! Continued mentoring and support throughout my career with Sykes. I really enjoyed my colleagues while working with Sykes. Sykes is a very large BPO...but it never felt too large, if you know what I mean. Chuck Sykes instills the sense of camaraderie...even though Sykes employees are 60K+ strong!

Cons

Don't really have any to share.

It's a great company so far..

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had just moved to the Lakeland area when I got the job at Sykes about a week later. The training was organized and very knowledgable. The managers are nice and very helpful. Also, the front desk employee is very upbeat and sweet which keeps everyone in a positive attitude. I have been able to make friends in the area and also network and leave great impressions for future roles and possibilities.

Cons

The only bad thing I have to say about the company, well location is that we only had 2 weeks of training instead of the regular 7 weeks that they give Customer Service Agents coming in. It kind of rushed us out on the floor, but all in all we learned what we needed through the training and trial and error.

A chance for career growth would be nice as well as a mentor program for those who potentially want to grow within the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly easy work. Nice working conditions. Building is in good shape as is the call floor. Other employees and managers are very nice and easy to work with.

Cons

Pay rate is low for the work we do.

Pay rate is way below other companies in the area.

educational

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company take their time and train their employees

Cons

remaining your tone when dealing with a difficult customer.

Do not care about their employees

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friends made. Flexible hours.

Cons

Take, take, take and continue to ask for more work for less money. Upper management making high end dollars with little or no raises for those who are generating the business. Little chance for growth.

Make the call center environment more inviting and appealing to work in. Bathrooms were gross and disgusting and the building was not very attractive. And old mall / warehouse feel. Would you personally work in these settings? I bet the answer is no. So why do you expect your employees to be okay with it.

If you have no life

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The benifits are a great price

Cons

They do not ask and do not care about your schedule. Ex. Childcare or continuing your education

You are only allowed 4 days off every six months and if you want more days it is up to multiple people and if you meet their goals to get days off.

They want you to provide great customer care, but wheb your issues need resolved they tell you to call a number no one answers.

Ask people their availability before hiring.

Underpaid for amount of work and training does not prepare for over half live calls

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hiring process was long but welcoming pre-employment team is great! Team leads are awesome and very helpful as well.

Cons

Training was not satisfactory, spent majority of the time reading articles ver-batim and not enough hands on training, listening to calls and watching use of tools. Not enough pay for the demanding calls and all of the resources necessary.

Most of the pre-employment and leadership is great! The training however was long yet not helpful at all when applied to live calls. Instead of practicing live calls and using our tools we spent most of our time reading articles. Time would have been better spent listening to live calls and watching pro agents use their tools and resources properly during calls.

Management Sucks

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Sykes provides flexible hours .

Cons

If your looking to grow with the company find another job. Management is always changing. Management never wants to be bothered and are always in "special meetings." There are no pay raises no matter how great your work is. Misinformation is given to employees from Management.

Do not overlook the ones that work hard to do their job right.

Former Employee - Deposits  in  Wise, VA
    Former Employee - Deposits in Wise, VA

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people that work there are great most of the time. They really care for each other. Very involved in fund raisers to help cancer, diabetes etc.

Cons

Insurance was not that good.

More advancements would be good.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!