SYKES Reviews

540 reviews filtered by
2.6
SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent growth opportunities for leading company

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company truly provides a quality service to its clients and is seen as a leader in the field with growth around every corner. Their Sykes Home segment of the business has so much exciting potential and technological support. The more I learn, the more impressed I become. I personally am working for the best boss I've ever had in my [15yr+] career. I look at places like Discover that put so much emphasis and personality into their quality customer service and i LOVE knowing that I work for a company that makes that kind of thing possible for our impressive list of clients.

As a corporate citizen, SYKES earns high marks with me. They have multiple initiatives for making a difference in peoples' lives both inside and outside the company (corporate Domestic Violence awareness campaigns, Veterans' support, Employee Relief Fund, local sites fundraising for local nonprofits, etc.) They are very LGBT supportive and work hard to create a workplace of true equals.

Cons

Lots of growth means lots of growing pains. Sometimes communication and technology bear the brunt of that. Patience and positive attitude go a long way in bridging those occasional gaps.

Communication is key with change management issues. Engage, engage, engage! :)

2. It was a bitter sweet experience

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Making connections with people from different parts of the us and bonus checks that is it

Cons

No more raises once you hit $10, pushed to make sales on every single call even if the customer tells you that their significant other has died and you written up if you don't. It was just too stressful

None

Not much training for temp employees.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Great pay and patience from trainers.

Cons

Although I only had a temp position, the amount of training given was incredible low and not enough to handle the job of being able to edit credit card information for clients.

Increase the training in hiring temp employees, it can be very stressful having customers call in and knowing almost nothing at all what to do to help them. I understand that there will be some things that may be difficult, but your system is very difficult to work with.

5. Numbers Game

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sykes, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sykes, TN

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and decent compensation

Cons

Management refuses to address situations such as low surveys due to a push for lower AHT. So instead of finding a way to meet in the middle they punish their agents for what was their fault to begin with. Threatening employees with Corrective Actions does not produce good results.

Stop thinking as a whole and address each situation with it's own solution stop leading by fear. It is a costly thing to train new agents and you make a habit out of high turnovers. Focus on employee Retention instead!

6. The training was well laid out. I enjoyed my job.

Former Employee - CCP Finance HRA in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - CCP Finance HRA in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are a legitimate business. They do have Benefits ( medical, dental and vision ). The pay is not so great, but you do get your pay deposited into your bank account or by check via the mail.

Cons

The program I worked on had changes all the time. Sometimes this made it difficult to know what was going on from one day to the next.

I do believe this transition could have been handled much more efficiently. This would have gone much smoother had the team leads been contacted and asked about the people on their team. Like the first 10 they would advise as good workers etc.

Excellent place to learn about life in a coal mining community

Former Employee - Tour Guide & Janitor
    Former Employee - Tour Guide & Janitor

I worked at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Historical Items from the 1900 to 1940's

Cons

Only allowed to work there maximum of 6 months.

Keep up the great work !!!

8. Mortgage Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amherst, NY

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Flexible schedule and a fun place work and to gain Experience.

Cons

The pay is not great and no raise in pay. Not easy to Get to work if on the bus.

listen to employees and their opinion also with company find use wisely to give employees raises instead of unnecessary spending on building improvements.

9. Customer Service Representative

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work 40 hours every week from 7am-3:30 am Sun-Thursday and I had Friday and Saturday off which was a great schedule made 9.00 a hour for training and after worker there for six months the pay goes up to 9.50 .

Cons

Everybody who already had a set schedule , had to changed their schedule, you cant really move up to a high position if you wanted to which I didn't want to but I know people who did and never got anywhere

10. Operations Management Desk Analyst

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Work environment, nice fellow workers

Cons

Low pay, very poor health benefits

Pay the employees a living wage and offer decent health care.

11. Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX
    Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in New Home, TX

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its at home.great training program and they make sure you have everything you need to do your job

Cons

You don't get dace to face contact w customers or people. Sometimes it's a little hard to prioritize working verses doing a project around the house. It is a job like any other you have to go to work and do your best.

None.i would say just keep making your employees feel like they make a difference