SYKES Reviews

567 reviews filtered by
2.6
SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent growth opportunities for leading company

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company truly provides a quality service to its clients and is seen as a leader in the field with growth around every corner. Their Sykes Home segment of the business has so much exciting potential and technological support. The more I learn, the more impressed I become. I personally am working for the best boss I've ever had in my [15yr+] career. I look at places like Discover that put so much emphasis and personality into their quality customer service and i LOVE knowing that I work for a company that makes that kind of thing possible for our impressive list of clients.

As a corporate citizen, SYKES earns high marks with me. They have multiple initiatives for making a difference in peoples' lives both inside and outside the company (corporate Domestic Violence awareness campaigns, Veterans' support, Employee Relief Fund, local sites fundraising for local nonprofits, etc.) They are very LGBT supportive and work hard to create a workplace of true equals.

Cons

Lots of growth means lots of growing pains. Sometimes communication and technology bear the brunt of that. Patience and positive attitude go a long way in bridging those occasional gaps.

Advice to Management

Communication is key with change management issues. Engage, engage, engage! :)

Customer Care Professional work from home

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Great bunch of people to work with! Most of the leadership is friendly, approachable, helpful, and truly concerned about my development. Even though you are working from home, the ease with which you can reach out to others still let's you know you are a part of a team.

Cons

Pay should definitely be higher for the tasks we are required to perform daily.

Advice to Management

To the good ones: Continue to lead by example and be great motivators.

3. Manager

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

This company is driven by providing quality service to our clients and their customers, and strives to be an inspiring place for its employees to learn and grow. I personally love to hear our CEO speak publicly about how important his employees are to him. I also love that our company can give our agent employees looking to work from home that opportunity. This is very innovative in the call center industry.

Cons

As a global company we have grown tremendously over the past 5 years. Because of this fast growth we have experienced some growing pains in some areas such as systems integration. On the positive side, the company acknowledges these opportunities for improvement and is actively working in these areas.

Advice to Management

Continue with the clear and open communications with employees around the opportunities for improvement and what the company is doing to make improvements.

5. CSR II & OJT Trainer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

It gave me a new outlook on how call centers operate

Cons

The way in which they handled employees

6. The experience was great and rewarding.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Fun environment, good benefits, and the opportunity for growth.

Cons

The usual carpal tunnel syndrome and sitting for long periods.

Advice to Management

Try to find ways to reduce the turnover rate.

7. I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Some flexibility but not as much as I would like. No commute, no clothes expense, no gas for vehicle and no wear/tear on car.

Cons

Learning there payroll and attendance methodology is very confusing and I have a background in this. additionally, there is not much attempt to clarify it. Finally, direct management over CCP's and team leads is not very good at notifying those affected about any changes that may be occurring. There is a breakdown in the system somewhere.

Advice to Management

Pay incentive pay raises.

Better explanation of accounting and payroll systems.

Better system for disseminating upcoming changes and or any other important notifications that need to go to agents.

8. Team Supervisor

Current Employee - Team Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People First company Sykes Home

Cons

Motivates even when times are rough.

Director

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the senior leadership is fair and has a team player attitude. Sykes was very good about promoting from within the organization. The

Cons

Some senior leaders were allowed to conduct themselves in less than professional ways without repercussions. There was a noticeable amount of favoritism in the senior teams.

Advice to Management

Do a better job in recognizing the hard working CSR's and the team leaders especially for the vast amount of responsibilities they perform.

10. Team Leader

Current Employee - Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working for SYKES for 5 years and I love it. It is such a blessing to be able to work from home for a company that puts people first,.

Cons

Pay raises would be nice. It is a great way to show your employees you value them.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for upper management.

Great

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Work from home is awesome

Cons

Unstability of accounts, they tend to close