SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility(in 22 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic(in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management(in 8 reviews)

Do not overlook the ones that work hard to do their job right.

Deposits (Former Employee) Wise, VA

ProsThe people that work there are great most of the time. They really care for each other. Very involved in fund raisers to help cancer, diabetes etc.

ConsInsurance was not that good.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore advancements would be good.

Best job I can ever obtain to establish a relationship developing a plan of action

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Sumter, SC

ProsGaining commitment with the customer leading to a suspension of my own values to isolate critical issues and represent business

ConsI'm not a supervisor LOL

Advice to Senior ManagementGive certificates or awards to the best employers

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, learned a lot of skills working with client.

ConsCan be high intensity, but in the end it's worth it.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I feel very satisfied, rewarded, and even further educated due to my time spent working at Sykes.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hays, KS

ProsThe co-workers were always fun and helpful and it is always nice to have a computer always at/on hand when answering a call, helpful, in depth, and appropriate training, as well as a great database of information to draw from when on a call regarding nearly any problem a caller may have.

ConsPoor hours, few directing supervisors, boring and empty working environment, which can cause a problem if you cannot find the information you are looking for relative to the caller's problem directly in the Sykes database and would like to speak to someone directly about it, (as getting support yourself by phone from a supervisor on one line while giving it to a caller on another line can get confusing really quick.)

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to keep employees busy, give things to do on long waits (2 hours+) between calls, & find more efficient/less tedious ways to log them.

Disappointing

Quality Manager (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsThe people I worked with had great dedication to the QA department

ConsNo backing from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen.

If only there were good changes in the workplace, then maybe it would be tolerable.

Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsThe best thing I've enjoyed was having the chance to meet great friends that would end up being long lasting friends. At one point of my life, I've been a pushover and always let things go. This job did teach me to strengthen myself and to not let people walk all over me.

ConsThere wasn't any stable leadership in the workplace. Managers constantly having "meetings" and never being around to help the CSR's. I didn't feel that the safety of the employees were a top priority to the managers. No leniency for people who have children and have emergencies. No chance to grow in that career due to favoritism. There is no professionalism, and on top of it all, even managers themselves don't follow the mission statement. I wanted to work at SYKES because of the mission statement, and I lost that interest after I immediately worked on the floor after training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop hiring everyone! Hire those who would actually work hard and help the company grow. Please look closely at your managers because they are just doing whatever they please and not helping your CSR's. If you care about the company, care about your employees. Happy CSR's will bring better results in my opinion, and truthfully at this location, there isn't a single happy CSR. Pop in unannounced and see what its really like, go undercover in your locations. Have some leniency for those with children and those who are married to the military. If the management was different and if the managers actually followed the mission statement, I would have stayed a bit longer. I was one of the top people that did referrals in my team and the whole call center, give some rewards to those who go above and beyond for you. All I ask is to at least consider what I tell you, because most if not all former employees feel the same way I do.

Full of lies

ProsAt first a decent schedule with promises due to experience. Most of the TMs are ok

ConsAMs who make it known who they like or dislike, horrible pay and benefits and broken promises

Advice to Senior ManagementYou don't have enough time

Okay

Agent (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGuaranteed 40 hours a week.

ConsNot enough pay for work required.

Great Company with Great Values

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSYKES is very involved in the community. They support many events in most of the communities they do business in. They treat employees well.

ConsI've heard other employees complain about not getting raises in the past but that changed this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt appears that the company is working hard to improve employee moral. Keep it up. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Positive

Director (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFlexible work environment
    Laid back culture

ConsSiloed organization with difficulties working across the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the walls between organizations/functional areas

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!