SYKES Reviews

536 reviews filtered by
2.6
SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent growth opportunities for leading company

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company truly provides a quality service to its clients and is seen as a leader in the field with growth around every corner. Their Sykes Home segment of the business has so much exciting potential and technological support. The more I learn, the more impressed I become. I personally am working for the best boss I've ever had in my [15yr+] career. I look at places like Discover that put so much emphasis and personality into their quality customer service and i LOVE knowing that I work for a company that makes that kind of thing possible for our impressive list of clients.

As a corporate citizen, SYKES earns high marks with me. They have multiple initiatives for making a difference in peoples' lives both inside and outside the company (corporate Domestic Violence awareness campaigns, Veterans' support, Employee Relief Fund, local sites fundraising for local nonprofits, etc.) They are very LGBT supportive and work hard to create a workplace of true equals.

Cons

Lots of growth means lots of growing pains. Sometimes communication and technology bear the brunt of that. Patience and positive attitude go a long way in bridging those occasional gaps.

Communication is key with change management issues. Engage, engage, engage! :)

2. Bad management

Former Employee - Xbox Customer Care in Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Xbox Customer Care in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Great salary after training. Management is great but....

Cons

The changing of team manager every time u log in for work is crazy. Was there a little over a year and had 9 different team leads.

Keep a team and stick with it

3. Complete waste of time

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, other representatives are willing to help if you have issues, very good training.

Cons

This was a complete waste of time. You jump through hoops just to say you have the job, spending money on several headsets and such, just to find out the actual equipment they send out is awful and outdated. You have to power down the equipment at least 4 times almost every shift, and if your equipment won't power on, too bad! You sign paper work stating if there is tech issues you'll still be compensated but that's not true. I went 4 weeks without any equipment because there was no communication as to what was going on and I received no paycheck. Overall there is no support in this company whatsoever, and team leads just tear you down. Unfortunately this job is one I wish I could forget ever doing.

The whole system needs to be redone, with more support and better team leads.

5. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from Home. Team mates are great.

Cons

Always on edge about keeping your job. Transfers to different Vendors and losing hours.

When an employee that's been with you for a long time and never misses work help them out when they ask for less hours and an earlier schedule.
    Metrics are not perfect and I wouldn't use them as a guide for a long time employee especially when the survey is sent out with the wrong name on it. Try going a month without pay until you start a different vendor.

6. Worked full time, legit work from home opportunity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES (less than a year)

Pros

Could work from home and it was easy to give away shifts if I needed the day off.

Cons

In the 8 months I worked there, was on 6 different teams and went through 2 shift changes! No continuity!! Made it tough to plan a life out of work!

Need to keep teams stable in one team for longer then 2 weeks at a time!!

7. Kein Respekt vor den Mitarbeitern

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

1x im Monat gibt es Frühstückbuffet

Wenn es eine Verkaufsaktion (der Gewinner ist der, der die meisten Produkte an die Kunden verkauft) gibt, kann man schöne Dinge gewinnen, wie etwa Iphone oder Tablet.

Cons

In den letzten 4 Jahen hat sich das Unternehmen imens verändert und gehört nun zu den übelsten Unternehmen, die es gibt. Die vorgesetzten gehen sehr respektlos mit ihren Mitarbeitern um und haben keine Scheu davor, sie wegen kleine Belange anzupöbeln. Der Arbeitsdruck ist unerträglich, viele Mitarbeiter brechen während des Mitarbeitergesprächs in Tränen aus ( habe ich selbst mit ansehen müssen), weil sie ihre Zahlen nicht schaffen und Angst haben, ihren Job zu verlieren. Ein Mitarbeitergespräch findet jede Woche statt. Du wirst von allen Seiten kontrolliert. Manchmal steht unerwartet ein Vorgesetzer hinter dir, ohne das du das mitbekommst und beobachtet, ob du deine Arbeit erledigst. Die Bezahlung ist sehr mies. Der Sonntagszuschlag liegt bei 20 Euro. Schichtarbeit ist Gang und Gebe.

Auf die Mitarbeiter eingehen, sie mit Respekt behandeln und auch wenn es ein Wirtschaftsunternehmen ist, sollte "Ausbeutung" nicht im Fokus der Betriebseinstellung stehen.

What a waste of time!

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY

I worked at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pro and I MEAN ONLY pro is working from home.

Cons

Systems crashing constantly. All training takes place at night (they don't explain why). Team leaders always telling you how great you are so that you won't quit (doesn't help). Lies, lies and more lies from management. The lowest pay I've ever received (I made more per hour in the seventies). After you work 3,000 hours, you receive a $.05 per hour raise. 5 cents an hour? I'd be less offended if they had offered nothing.

Get your heads out of your butts and pay your employees a living wage. You expect GOLD employees for TIN compensation. What a pathetic company!

9. FAVORITISM IS THE PROBLEM WITHIN THIS COMPANY

I worked at SYKES

Pros

working at home, that's it

Cons

If you are the type of person that can play the part of "teacher's pet" and get in "good" with your initial trainer, you may have a chance at making it at this place...I had the worst possible trainer and therefore, I never stood a chance at this place

why give advice, they don't listen

10. Not a very friendly environment,some of the students were given more attention than others.

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

No commute.Nothing else .Don't waste your time.

Cons

Low pay, Poor training, unreasonable demands and schedules, Favoritism,Unprofessional talks and conducts. You are better off working at a store as a sales rep.

Pay more for the stressful job

11. Sykes

Current Employee - Collection Specialist
    Current Employee - Collection Specialist

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working for a morning shift account. Great people

Cons

No annual increase. Low salary. New hires getting higher salaries.

Learn to keep your talents.bring back appraisal rather than hiring new ones!