SYKES Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 12 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

BEST job of my LIFE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Top Performer in Manchester, TN

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at this company for a full year now, and in the past year I have come to realize this company is amazing.
    1. Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways.
    2. Management cares about you as a person and your success .
    3. I have grown in this company quickly in the past year and I could not work for better people. Sykes give you so much room to grow and I love that the most about this company. NOT ONCE have I felt that I was in a dead in job.
    4. I love not having to leave my home
    5. The perks and bonuses are amazing love winning things too :-)
    6. I love working in the team setting together achieving GOALS
    7. Your voice never falls on deaf ears here
    8. This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company..
    9. Training was in depth and you knew you were prepared
    10. Work life balance can be achieved depending on your shift selection

Cons

1. I do wish for one thing better benefit options.

♥!!!!!KEEP IT UP!!!! ♥

GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Management Team, and great work-life balance.

Cons

Inconsistent pay compensation. Due to "system gliche" you are not able to receive your max incentive bonus, even if you earned it.

Not just listen to employees about Payroll issues, but act upon them more efficiently.

Call Center

Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the area

Cons

Floor support management could use better training

Do your job..

Only work here for a paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It provides a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Stressful and very very unprofessional. Constantly someone is standing over you with criticism. Many threats of being written up if metrics are not met.

Work on people skills and improve training

Good Luck!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I actually thought it would be a better experience working the US site rather than one of the outsourced locations. That was a huge mistake.

Cons

Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management. Very bad pay for position working in. To many double standards or no standards at all. Management contradicts each other in front of employees and then wonders why the performance is so bad. Duh!! No one knows what to expect. Favoritism runs rampant. Fraud is okay but being absent is not. As long as agents sell, the rest of their performance apparently doesn't matter. There is so much more than can be said, but does anyone really listen anyway? I doubt it.

As long as the current management is in place at the Lakeland II site, I don't think they have a prayer of getting any better. You have AMs that suggest to take away agent sales commission if the WTR is not met, you have others in management that don't know what's really happening in their own site. Rather than fixing a problem, they just move it around to look like it was fixed. Site management is stuck on doing a dog-and-pony show for clients and other senior Sykes management to attempt to paint a rosy picture when the fact is the site is a disaster in management. Promotions are almost non-existent for people that can make it better, they would rather put their friends in the position and then protect them. To be honest I'm surprised the client (AT&T) has not pulled their business, unless they've had such a smoke screen blown in their face too. I have no opinion of the CEO but if I was him, I'd be embarrassed with the Lakeland II site management and performance. The site can be so much better but not with current management.

its a joke

Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY
    Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THERE ARE NO PROS TO THIS JOB

Cons

terrible, awful, a joke, underpaid

young and unprofessional

Survival (barely) work from home job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Saves you from living under a bridge. Saves gas commuting to another dead end job,

Cons

Enduring poor management, godawful training, poor communication, draconian customer service policies (actually lack thereof). Paying for all of the technical items necessary to work including expensive landline phone. essentially no benefits. No job security whatsoever. Unfulfilled promises. No kudos or time to fix other's mistakes, and there are many due to the people they attract. eg. Two minutes for after call work before warning issued even if customer has been very poorly served ... Customer must stay on hold even if it takes 45 minutest to fix an issue. Reps promised full time but then get part time after training. Minimum wage while training.

Advise your applicants they will be treated like garbage for close to minimum wage rather than the company line while recruiting.

Terrible

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

There are no pros to this job.

Cons

This is a thankless job. Dealing with people and there horrible attitudes is no fun especially if you are not a people person.

Miserable backstabbing production support department.

Current Employee - Production Support in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Production Support in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None. Not one thing that would have kept me there.

Cons

Backstabbing, politics, one upping, management that ignores problems. They do not care about your health or the hours they make you work.

Your middle management in IT needs to be replaced.

Mediocre at Best

Former Employee - Minion in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Minion in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very few pros - Location
    Experience gained

Cons

I could write a book about all of the cons!!! Decisions made based on perceptions, feelings, gossip, and "noise" not made with facts, forethought, or sound judgement.

Get or together and stop letting great talent get away. Your teams and coworkers don't trust you.