SYKES Reviews

538 reviews filtered by

1. Disappointed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES (less than a year)

Pros

Nice and friendly environment. clean, hour lunch. easy to get promoted without previous experience and degree.

Cons

not considerate when it comes to weather conditions and sickness. if missing 3days without a doctor return to work order, you might as well don't return. pay is only 9.00 bucks and not worth the pay especially when you have to many systems to learn. might as well apply for at&t directly for 10-14 bucks an hour: Reading CSP makes the handle time higher. Need to have individual department for Sim replacement.

be considerate when it comes too (sickness, weather conditions) and delete telegence

2. Mixed Reviews

Former Employee - "A Support Role" in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - "A Support Role" in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You could miss over 2 weeks before they term you (which I didn't). Most Team Managers are young so if you are buddies with them they treat you differently.

Cons

Pay is horrible. The people, in leadership, there are very immature and they treat you like children. The company 'promotes' you to 'leadership' roles such as OJT lead or SME, HR assistant or interim Team Managers without pay raises. They pay base minimum of the 'salary' they can by the laws in place for Team Managers. You never get a title change even if you are in any role except Team Manager. How do you hold someone accountable for something if they never sign a job description? Example of OJT leads that are in charge of a classroom of 25 ppl. This is a manager role with the job duties they have. The corporate leadership never know what's going on on site.

Act like adults.

Customer Service Banking

Current Employee - Customer Service in Varsity Lakes (Australia)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Varsity Lakes (Australia)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

full time income yet you need to check your payslip as it often contains errors which is not the fault of the payroll company as they only enter what is advised by Sykes

Cons

19 dollars an hour, pay is incorrect and takes quite a few pay cycles to rectify, treated as a number and the work itself is very robotic so consider yourself a puppet, high turn over in staff, dress regulations apply but are not implemented and I found managers are the biggest culprits, swearing amongst employees which I find offensive. HR can be rude and unapproachable, management need to respect support staff, they will roster you on 24/7 and there is no flexibility with the rosters to fit in with appointments, family commitments etc

Rehire professional management and focus on training and respect for staff

5. Horrible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Bonus once u hit 3rd tier

Cons

Big liars, promote and then demote for no reason, if u try to fight it they tell u fl Is at will state so they promote and demote when they want to, alot of favoritism my. Half the people who are manager don't know a damn thing and should be on the phones, upper management VERY unorganized and don't know how to treat people, if you want to move up kiss alot of but

Listen to your employees who know what they're doing

Sykes NL, worst work place in the Netherlands

Current Employee - Technical Support in Maarssen (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Maarssen (Netherlands)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

No advantage to work there, even for a first job. You will have better opportunities at the Mc Donalds, and probably a better salary.

Cons

Useless and unskilled human ressources. No communication towards employees. No opportunity to grow at all. Employees are not rewarded at all, you will never hear thank you. Salary have been frozen for years, collective labour agreements have been removed...

Stop your modern slavery

7. False Pretenses

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home - ONLY PRO!!!

Cons

1. I was hired to work an account and was told my first day of training that I would be on that account for 12 months. 3 months later, I was moved to another account and was told "The Client no longer needed the 400+ employees hired for the ramp up." After 8 months, I was laid off, along with many who were there as long as I, or even recently hired within 6 months.
    2. The second account I was moved to let us know up front that it was only through the holidays, so we knew we would be moving again around the first of the year.
    3. Many of us were moved right back into the first account and were originally told we would have "full access" as we did from August to October the previous year. However, on the final day of re-training, we were told we would not have full privileges and would only be focusing on certain calls. Needless to say, someone forgot to tell the main manager on the account since we kept getting scheduled to handle full access calls.
    4. Having 100's on your quality assurance is pointless. I had eleven (11) 100's on the second account, and was mislead to believe that it would guarantee me a full time spot with the client. I had only three (3) QA's with the second time back on the original account I was hired for, two (2) were 100, and one was 96. None of which matters to Sykes.
    5. If you follow the "rules", complete the call form correctly, assist the caller and resolve the issue in the one call (without transferring to the next tier), and send a follow-up email with the steps for troubleshooting, don't expect to get a reward - unless being laid off is considered a reward. I know for a fact, those who were asked to stay, did not follow the "rules"; I know this because one person who stayed is a person whom I received irate customer calls from for not getting their issue resolved, nor did she have the call form filled out so I could verify what was done on her interaction with the customer.
    6. When I first was hired, I filled out all the correct paperwork for the insurance they offered, and found out a month after the fact that my insurance was cancelled due to not providing my debit card information. Why would I have to provide my debit card information if Sykes took the money from my pay check and was to pay my policy with the money the deducted from my paycheck? The first of the year, I was able to get the insurance they offered, only to be laid off within a month and a week of enrolling and having coverage.
    7. Management never responds to unanswered questions or concerns. I was not listed on the monthly report showing my handle time, QA's, and status of performance. When I asked my supervisor, all I was told was "I have forwarded you concerns to the proper person to investigate the matter." I never received an answer, and they kindly lock you out of the system the day they release you so you will never know the answer. COWARDS!!
    8. If you really don't mind 18-22 year old "coaches" putting you down, treating you like 4th graders, and like a herd of cows going to slaughter, then this job would be perfect for you.
    9. They will tell you that it is a full-time position, but only expect to work 40 hours a week for 3-4 weeks within a 3 month period, during the "ramp up season". The average schedule during "off season" is 10-30 hours a week, but in order to get above 16 hours, be prepared to grab shifts - if any are available. The reality is that it is only a part-time position.

How can you advise management? They could care less. All I can say, is to stop stating a position is for a 12 month commitment when it is only for 2-3 months.

Low pay and no benefits

Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional
    Former Employee - Work At Home Customer Care Professional

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home and flexible schedule

Cons

The job itself is not bad, but the pay, benefits, etc. are very poor. You are required to have a land line telephone and high speed internet (which in 2015 is costing $1,000 a year) which you are not reimbursed for. They pay you $9 an hour no matter how many years you have been there. Any company with this type of work shouldn't be paying less than $11-12 an hour in the year 2015. There are no paid holidays, no paid sick time, and no paid personal time. The company didn't even offer group health insurance until they were forced to by law.

First, pay your employees a decent hourly wage so they can put food on their table. If a full-time employee (who is single) has to go out and get another job and work 30 hours a week at it just to pay the monthly bills, that should be a clue. Can you live on $9 an hour? Second, show your appreciation by offering paid holidays, etc. like a reputable company does. If you only offer group health insurance because you are forced to by law, what kind of image do you think your company has. Pay your employees what they deserve before you are forced to by law (when Congress raises federal minimum wage). The most successful businesses are the ones that appreciate their employees and show that appreciation.

9. Caution--work here at your own risk

Current Employee - Site Systems Administrator in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Site Systems Administrator in Amherst, NY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Amherst office. The co-workers were pleasant, the facility was nice.

Cons

Absolutely no job security. This company doesn't care on squat for its employees. It doesn't matter how good you are or what skills you bring to the table. The company is *solely* driven by its profit statements. If the call center is losing a client, it will lay off all the folks hired who support that client with minimal (if any) effort to retrain them or find them other positions. I was the sole I person supporting nearly 400 users. I have many IT certs, and made good (but not great) money. With absolutely no advance notice, they let me go and replaced me with an agent from the call floor that had never even held an IT support role before in his file. Yes, he had some personal experience with desktop software and hardware, but none with servers. So they saved a few thousand dollars and gave me a two-week severance package and escorted me right out the door. Avoid this company like the plague.

The people who work for you are more than just numbers on a balance sheet. They have lives, they have families to support. You should treat them with a little respect.

10. No opportunity to grow

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Good if you need entry-level experience.

Cons

Experience is not appreciated. Coordinators treat you like you are not a person.

11. HORRIBLE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

you sit all day. that's all the pros i can think of. oh and they feed us sometimes like during CS "appreciation" week.

Cons

everything is a challenge, horrible place to work. i've been there a year and some change and it just keeps getting worse. oh and they don't really require people to shower or care for personal hygiene. they complain if we eat on the call floor but then they sell us nachos and cheese and pretzels that we're all so damn sick of. so basically it's like, no outside food but if you buy what we sell you can eat it, also we have to pay to wear our own clothes, $10 a week to "dress down" that's a whole paycheck at the end of the year.

management sucks. they need to fire everyone and start new. management at sykes- allentown is a JOKE. they are so unprofessional and they LOVE to belittle us... what would sykes be without us? what would they be if all of us just got up and walked out? who would take all the calls? lOl too bad no one is bold enough to do it.