SYKES Reviews

553 reviews filtered by

1. Complete waste of time

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, other representatives are willing to help if you have issues, very good training.

Cons

This was a complete waste of time. You jump through hoops just to say you have the job, spending money on several headsets and such, just to find out the actual equipment they send out is awful and outdated. You have to power down the equipment at least 4 times almost every shift, and if your equipment won't power on, too bad! You sign paper work stating if there is tech issues you'll still be compensated but that's not true. I went 4 weeks without any equipment because there was no communication as to what was going on and I received no paycheck. Overall there is no support in this company whatsoever, and team leads just tear you down. Unfortunately this job is one I wish I could forget ever doing.

Advice to Management

The whole system needs to be redone, with more support and better team leads.

2. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from Home. Team mates are great.

Cons

Always on edge about keeping your job. Transfers to different Vendors and losing hours.

Advice to Management

When an employee that's been with you for a long time and never misses work help them out when they ask for less hours and an earlier schedule.
    Metrics are not perfect and I wouldn't use them as a guide for a long time employee especially when the survey is sent out with the wrong name on it. Try going a month without pay until you start a different vendor.

3. Worked full time, legit work from home opportunity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES (less than a year)

Pros

Could work from home and it was easy to give away shifts if I needed the day off.

Cons

In the 8 months I worked there, was on 6 different teams and went through 2 shift changes! No continuity!! Made it tough to plan a life out of work!

Advice to Management

Need to keep teams stable in one team for longer then 2 weeks at a time!!

5. Kein Respekt vor den Mitarbeitern

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

1x im Monat gibt es Frühstückbuffet

Wenn es eine Verkaufsaktion (der Gewinner ist der, der die meisten Produkte an die Kunden verkauft) gibt, kann man schöne Dinge gewinnen, wie etwa Iphone oder Tablet.

Cons

In den letzten 4 Jahen hat sich das Unternehmen imens verändert und gehört nun zu den übelsten Unternehmen, die es gibt. Die vorgesetzten gehen sehr respektlos mit ihren Mitarbeitern um und haben keine Scheu davor, sie wegen kleine Belange anzupöbeln. Der Arbeitsdruck ist unerträglich, viele Mitarbeiter brechen während des Mitarbeitergesprächs in Tränen aus ( habe ich selbst mit ansehen müssen), weil sie ihre Zahlen nicht schaffen und Angst haben, ihren Job zu verlieren. Ein Mitarbeitergespräch findet jede Woche statt. Du wirst von allen Seiten kontrolliert. Manchmal steht unerwartet ein Vorgesetzer hinter dir, ohne das du das mitbekommst und beobachtet, ob du deine Arbeit erledigst. Die Bezahlung ist sehr mies. Der Sonntagszuschlag liegt bei 20 Euro. Schichtarbeit ist Gang und Gebe.

Advice to Management

Auf die Mitarbeiter eingehen, sie mit Respekt behandeln und auch wenn es ein Wirtschaftsunternehmen ist, sollte "Ausbeutung" nicht im Fokus der Betriebseinstellung stehen.

What a waste of time!

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY

I worked at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only pro and I MEAN ONLY pro is working from home.

Cons

Systems crashing constantly. All training takes place at night (they don't explain why). Team leaders always telling you how great you are so that you won't quit (doesn't help). Lies, lies and more lies from management. The lowest pay I've ever received (I made more per hour in the seventies). After you work 3,000 hours, you receive a $.05 per hour raise. 5 cents an hour? I'd be less offended if they had offered nothing.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your butts and pay your employees a living wage. You expect GOLD employees for TIN compensation. What a pathetic company!

7. FAVORITISM IS THE PROBLEM WITHIN THIS COMPANY

I worked at SYKES

Pros

working at home, that's it

Cons

If you are the type of person that can play the part of "teacher's pet" and get in "good" with your initial trainer, you may have a chance at making it at this place...I had the worst possible trainer and therefore, I never stood a chance at this place

Advice to Management

why give advice, they don't listen

8. Not a very friendly environment,some of the students were given more attention than others.

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at SYKES

Pros

No commute.Nothing else .Don't waste your time.

Cons

Low pay, Poor training, unreasonable demands and schedules, Favoritism,Unprofessional talks and conducts. You are better off working at a store as a sales rep.

Advice to Management

Pay more for the stressful job

Disappointed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES (less than a year)

Pros

Nice and friendly environment. clean, hour lunch. easy to get promoted without previous experience and degree.

Cons

not considerate when it comes to weather conditions and sickness. if missing 3days without a doctor return to work order, you might as well don't return. pay is only 9.00 bucks and not worth the pay especially when you have to many systems to learn. might as well apply for at&t directly for 10-14 bucks an hour: Reading CSP makes the handle time higher. Need to have individual department for Sim replacement.

Advice to Management

be considerate when it comes too (sickness, weather conditions) and delete telegence

10. Mixed Reviews

Former Employee - "A Support Role" in Fort Smith, AR
    Former Employee - "A Support Role" in Fort Smith, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You could miss over 2 weeks before they term you (which I didn't). Most Team Managers are young so if you are buddies with them they treat you differently.

Cons

Pay is horrible. The people, in leadership, there are very immature and they treat you like children. The company 'promotes' you to 'leadership' roles such as OJT lead or SME, HR assistant or interim Team Managers without pay raises. They pay base minimum of the 'salary' they can by the laws in place for Team Managers. You never get a title change even if you are in any role except Team Manager. How do you hold someone accountable for something if they never sign a job description? Example of OJT leads that are in charge of a classroom of 25 ppl. This is a manager role with the job duties they have. The corporate leadership never know what's going on on site.

Advice to Management

Act like adults.

11. Horrible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Bonus once u hit 3rd tier

Cons

Big liars, promote and then demote for no reason, if u try to fight it they tell u fl Is at will state so they promote and demote when they want to, alot of favoritism my. Half the people who are manager don't know a damn thing and should be on the phones, upper management VERY unorganized and don't know how to treat people, if you want to move up kiss alot of but

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who know what they're doing