SYKES

www.sykes.com

SYKES provides career growth opportunities and international business experience

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're smart and hard working, there are lots of opportunities to excel and get international business experience.

Cons

Communication and coordination difficulties that accompany working for a large company.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you... Yes, we have a strong promote from within guideline. We have literally thousands of employees who started as a Customer Service / Call Center Representative and have grown their career ... More

Call agent

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The coworkers are the best thing the management are the worst.

Cons

The managers and the company

More pay for the work

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

I'm sorry to hear that. We appreciate all feedback and will do our best to continue to build on our coaching culture.

Great for entry level

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Langhorne site has access to public transportation. I started as a CSR with little experience and lots of enthusiasm. I have been promoted and have grown with the company. Every job has its pros and cons, Sykes is a great company to get you experience in the field so you can move on to bigger and better.

Cons

many Supervisors do not posses ANY management skills. they are out for them selves and play favorites. Keep your head down and stay out of the drama.

Hold supervisors accountable!

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate it all and continue to work towards continuous improvement for our employment environment.

Horrible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Lakeland II in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Bonus once u hit 3rd tier

Cons

Big liars, promote and then demote for no reason, if u try to fight it they tell u fl Is at will state so they promote and demote when they want to, alot of favoritism my. Half the people who are manager don't know a damn thing and should be on the phones, upper management VERY unorganized and don't know how to treat people, if you want to move up kiss alot of but

Listen to your employees who know what they're doing

Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Low gas cost. Taking naps on breaks. Flexible Schedule.

Cons

Minimum wage, little to no benefits. Barely any paid time off. Not having the opportunity to work 40 hour work weeks

If you want to see better revenue and more contracts, treat your employees above the at home industry standard.

Sykes NL, worst work place in the Netherlands

Current Employee - Technical Support in Maarssen (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Maarssen (Netherlands)

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

No advantage to work there, even for a first job. You will have better opportunities at the Mc Donalds, and probably a better salary.

Cons

Useless and unskilled human ressources. No communication towards employees. No opportunity to grow at all. Employees are not rewarded at all, you will never hear thank you. Salary have been frozen for years, collective labour agreements have been removed...

Stop your modern slavery

False Pretenses

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working from home - ONLY PRO!!!

Cons

1. I was hired to work an account and was told my first day of training that I would be on that account for 12 months. 3 months later, I was moved to another account and was told "The Client no longer needed the 400+ employees hired for the ramp up." After 8 months, I was laid off, along with many who were there as long as I, or even recently hired within 6 months.
    2. The second account I was moved to let us know up front that it was only through the holidays, so we knew we would be moving again around the first of the year.
    3. Many of us were moved right back into the first account and were originally told we would have "full access" as we did from August to October the previous year. However, on the final day of re-training, we were told we would not have full privileges and would only be focusing on certain calls. Needless to say, someone forgot to tell the main manager on the account since we kept getting scheduled to handle full access calls.
    4. Having 100's on your quality assurance is pointless. I had eleven (11) 100's on the second account, and was mislead to believe that it would guarantee me a full time spot with the client. I had only three (3) QA's with the second time back on the original account I was hired for, two (2) were 100, and one was 96. None of which matters to Sykes.
    5. If you follow the "rules", complete the call form correctly, assist the caller and resolve the issue in the one call (without transferring to the next tier), and send a follow-up email with the steps for troubleshooting, don't expect to get a reward - unless being laid off is considered a reward. I know for a fact, those who were asked to stay, did not follow the "rules"; I know this because one person who stayed is a person whom I received irate customer calls from for not getting their issue resolved, nor did she have the call form filled out so I could verify what was done on her interaction with the customer.
    6. When I first was hired, I filled out all the correct paperwork for the insurance they offered, and found out a month after the fact that my insurance was cancelled due to not providing my debit card information. Why would I have to provide my debit card information if Sykes took the money from my pay check and was to pay my policy with the money the deducted from my paycheck? The first of the year, I was able to get the insurance they offered, only to be laid off within a month and a week of enrolling and having coverage.
    7. Management never responds to unanswered questions or concerns. I was not listed on the monthly report showing my handle time, QA's, and status of performance. When I asked my supervisor, all I was told was "I have forwarded you concerns to the proper person to investigate the matter." I never received an answer, and they kindly lock you out of the system the day they release you so you will never know the answer. COWARDS!!
    8. If you really don't mind 18-22 year old "coaches" putting you down, treating you like 4th graders, and like a herd of cows going to slaughter, then this job would be perfect for you.
    9. They will tell you that it is a full-time position, but only expect to work 40 hours a week for 3-4 weeks within a 3 month period, during the "ramp up season". The average schedule during "off season" is 10-30 hours a week, but in order to get above 16 hours, be prepared to grab shifts - if any are available. The reality is that it is only a part-time position.

How can you advise management? They could care less. All I can say, is to stop stating a position is for a 12 month commitment when it is only for 2-3 months.

Great company just low pay and no benefits

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I love this company, most especially the gaming project, as they have truly gone above and beyond to make work /life balance to work. This company believes in promoting from within and tries to develop everyone into success.

Cons

The highest paid project is 10 an hr at start with the highest pay being 13 an hr after you remain a yr in what is known as a top performer program. Additionally they company only offers full benefits to those who are directly work for corporate such as management, human resources, and other support positions.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for your feedback. We are listening and looking for ways to continously improve.

Good opportunities for learning if you are at your first job

I worked at SYKES

Pros

good learning opportunities and nice colleagues

Cons

not too many growth opportunities for senior manager positions

Good company depending on program and location. It is an entry level workplace to earn experience for better careers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The "People First" ideology is really being embraced at the location that I work at and there is opportunity for movement as long as you apply yourself. Local administration cares for its employees and agents, and they host focus groups monthly to listen to the agents without their supervisors being present so that the agents can freely provide feedback without fear of retaliation. The company is making good progress.

Cons

The main issues are difficult for a company. Being a third-party outsourcing company (business process outsourcing), we handle inbound calls, outbound calls, email, chat, etc. for a lot of different clients who pay for our services if they cannot, or choose not to, host their own service lines. Naturally, that equals lower wages of $9 to $11 on average because there isn't much room for increase based on contracts. The benefits aren't the best and the paid time off favors the lower wage earners, regardless of your position with the company.

This is for upper management. Changing the Paid Time Off program to eliminate hours of agents/employees based on wage is unfair. If an agent has worked hard to merit an increase over time, they should not receive less paid time off than a new agent who has barely a few months.

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you for the detailed feedback. This truly helps us in our efforts to improve as an employer.