SYKES Reviews

Reset

1. Customer Service Agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Great training, supportive team members, and ability to advance

Cons

Pay is capped at $10.00 and hour for agents and floor supervisors. To get more pay you have to sell, which is their main focus. Helping customers is top priority so you have to learn to combine the two. No regard for protection of employees regarding harassing customers. Be prepared to get cussed out at least 5-7 times a day no matter how nice you are. Also there are surveys the customers take and even if you give excellent customer service, if the customer is mad at AT&T then they will give you a bad survey. Which management looks heavily at, along with the sales. New training class of 65-80 starts every two weeks, out of those usually only 20-30 make it to production, of which half usually quit in the first week.

Advice to Management

Offer more than $10.00 an hour for people who have been with the company longer. Better pay for commission.

Sykes Enterprises Inc.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Auburndale, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Auburndale, FL

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

Easy employment, fairly simple job.

Cons

Not very good about approving time off.

I worked at the Sykes call center that was an affiliate of Bank of America.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview is done online. There is 8 weeks of training. It could be fun and informative if you have a great trainer. After 6 weeks of training, you get put in a team and your team leader helps you through OJT. Once on the floor, you get a team manager. Mine was awesome and a great motivator. She always encouraged us to be the best and was always helpful. The pay is above minimum wage and you do have insurance. Yes, you may have upset customers who will cuss you out. I always put the phone on mute and laugh because they can't see you. Please don't take it personal. You get a small 9% incentive for availability, handle time, and survey. I always had great surveys. If you cant get a TM to help, my coworkers helped out a lot On one of your breaks, read up. Info changes daily. The do have give a ways and our site donated a lot of money for local charities, which is awesome.

Cons

*Not enough pay. You get paid so little to do so much. The actual workers a BOC gets paid way more. I think we had the best and knowledgeable staff because the people who worked at the actual company NEVER knew the simplest tasks. *Technical Issues I had to come in to work 30 minutes early to find a working computer. Some of my coworkers would saves seats for their friends and lie about the computers being broken. There was never a sign up saying the computers were down *Escalation Some of them had the worst attitudes ever. They barely wanted to do their jobs and would look at you crazy or send you to someone else if you need help. One guy said I said mam too much (which is how we show respect in the south). *Promotion Not much room for promotion. And if you want to move to a department that does double duty (blended) the extra $0.25 is not worth the headache.

Advice to Management

Pay more for blended workers. They do double duty. Make workers feel appreciate and not like prison inmates Allow people to take the vacation (unless it's a holiday or people put in a lot for that day) when they put in for it. I personally know someone who has worked there for two years and got their vacation denied every time. More pay overall Get reliable IT people. Not ones who sit around and get a free paycheck Talk to your workers. See about the issues they are having. Create a better work environment. Even though I no longer work there, I think is management took pride in their employees, it will be a little better place to work. A thank you can go a LONG way.

5. Customer Care Professional

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Great Training, Good Management, Big range of products to support

Cons

Trouble flows downhill, Policy changes almost daily, More employees than there are managers leaves you feeling unsupported.

Advice to Management

Hire more managers and don't release so many new employees at once.

6. Payroll Officer

Current Employee - Payroll Officer in Pocahontas, AR
    Current Employee - Payroll Officer in Pocahontas, AR

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Its a home job love being wih my family.

Cons

They pay you when they want not good to their employees

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Program Coach/Support in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Program Coach/Support in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can work from home, positive environment. Room to advance if you're willing to work for it.

Cons

Training for certain programs could be improved.

Advice to Management

Take care of your dedicated employees as they can make your job much easier.

8. A Great Place to work (Lakeland II)

Current Employee - Trusted Advisor in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Trusted Advisor in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I won't say it's perfect but there's absolutely chances to do better. For example the commissions and stuff It makes it a little bit better!

Cons

Having Net Rep tied to getting overtime. Net rep is something that the customer get a text about and it could have nothing to do with you. The customer might get another survey about someone else and you get it because the customer doesn't relalize.

Advice to Management

Upper Management is great... More worried about my TM and FSR's

Amazing work from home experience!!!

Current Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Bradenton Beach, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from my home office. I was provided with a computer by the Sykes team shortly after I began training. The Team Leads care and are flexible. VERY GOOD PAY. Full-Time hours. Overtime available. Really great time center for requesting time off, dropping and picking shifts. Nifty phone number that can be used to call in sick, speak to a Sykes rep or get tech support if your Sykes computer is having issues. Internal transfers always being offered if you keep a good customer service score. Also DIRECT DEPOSIT!!!!

Cons

Not many but one was definitely having to go out and buy an expensive call center phone and headset for that phone as well as for the computer even though you'll only need one of the sets once training is over. Difficult to get in touch with higher ups. Mostly a waiting game especially if you have human resource related questions.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for employee to reach out to human resources and discuss job opportunities within the company.

10. New Day

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bloomsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bloomsburg, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was lucky to move up quickly through out the company, within 3 years.

Cons

Currently I don't have any.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

11. Analyst

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and it is a pretty good place to work

Cons

Poor Pay and thats about it

RSS Feed </> Embed