SYKES

Updated December 16, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Disclosed Malvern AR

Former Employee - Disclosed in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Disclosed in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most the people are like family. Pay isn't horrible for the area. Always clean.
    Great incentive program for money
    Involved in community
    There were more before last 8 months but these have changed.

Cons

Tons of payroll issues. Working there many years I have had over 10 payroll issues and few that were never corrected no matter how long I tried or who I talked too.
    They promote to many unexperienced manager from Team leads even to most recent promoted account managers they ignore so many simple problems from dress code to bad conversations from both agents and team managers. The new director promotes from phone contacts instead of talent for all promotions. There is alot of criticism with little recognition. Most the good managers have left due to the recent changes. Many of former employee's feel the same with this place. The HR staff cannot seem to help people with problems but instead gossip about them. They tell you to pre plan needed time off over 3 weeks then say this or that on why it won't happen. I like many others have left the company due to the incompetence of the management staff running this place straight into the ground. Listen to your employees they have many complaints however your "leaders" do not listen. Although many have heard about Blooms 3 million dollar embezzlement he was a leader and helped others not treat then like they don't matter or take part in conversations distracting in others. I would have stayed with this company for life however they have changes that must be made and it starts at the top. I could go on about many things with the "support" however it wouldn't matter. Sykes malvern has become the new Accent hot springs. To all thinking of joining exploring other options never hurts In my opinion. P. S NOT WILLING TO RECOMEND

Train your management at all levels or hire others. If you don't do either you will continue losing quality employees and to the new director don't promote new TM and AM that can't do the job at most all my peers will tell u they miss work because they hate their boss and criticism from you and Tm. All your talented management has left since July.

I like the actual job, but not the working environment

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Service Agent in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Service Agent in Eugene, OR

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The training was great and the trainer (who has since been 'let go') was knowledgeable, good at his job, and funny. I enjoyed working with the customers and the products.

Cons

The systems went down frequently and I never felt like we had the support from floor support and team leaders. We were told sales were not a priority but once on the floor, sales was the primary (and seemed only) priority - too much pressure.

Be honest about the sales aspect of the position; floor support should make sure the agent feels comfortable that a resolution was found before moving on; get better tech support to make sure the systems don't continually go down.

Sykes

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

The pay is biweekly which is great. They have opportunities for promotions. After six months of working there, you get a raise

Cons

You will have no kind of social life, or life period, outside of this job. The hours are horrible. Too many unnecessary rules.

Generally friendly and fun.

Current Employee - Electronic Claims Associate in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Electronic Claims Associate in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Steady work. Good chance of promotion.

Cons

Low pay for the skills required.

BEST job of my LIFE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Top Performer in Manchester, TN

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at this company for a full year now, and in the past year I have come to realize this company is amazing.
    1. Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways.
    2. Management cares about you as a person and your success .
    3. I have grown in this company quickly in the past year and I could not work for better people. Sykes give you so much room to grow and I love that the most about this company. NOT ONCE have I felt that I was in a dead in job.
    4. I love not having to leave my home
    5. The perks and bonuses are amazing love winning things too :-)
    6. I love working in the team setting together achieving GOALS
    7. Your voice never falls on deaf ears here
    8. This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company..
    9. Training was in depth and you knew you were prepared
    10. Work life balance can be achieved depending on your shift selection

Cons

1. I do wish for one thing better benefit options.

♥!!!!!KEEP IT UP!!!! ♥

GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Management Team, and great work-life balance.

Cons

Inconsistent pay compensation. Due to "system gliche" you are not able to receive your max incentive bonus, even if you earned it.

Not just listen to employees about Payroll issues, but act upon them more efficiently.

Call Center

Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the area

Cons

Floor support management could use better training

Do your job..

Only work here for a paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It provides a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Stressful and very very unprofessional. Constantly someone is standing over you with criticism. Many threats of being written up if metrics are not met.

Work on people skills and improve training

Good Luck!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I actually thought it would be a better experience working the US site rather than one of the outsourced locations. That was a huge mistake.

Cons

Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management. Very bad pay for position working in. To many double standards or no standards at all. Management contradicts each other in front of employees and then wonders why the performance is so bad. Duh!! No one knows what to expect. Favoritism runs rampant. Fraud is okay but being absent is not. As long as agents sell, the rest of their performance apparently doesn't matter. There is so much more than can be said, but does anyone really listen anyway? I doubt it.

As long as the current management is in place at the Lakeland II site, I don't think they have a prayer of getting any better. You have AMs that suggest to take away agent sales commission if the WTR is not met, you have others in management that don't know what's really happening in their own site. Rather than fixing a problem, they just move it around to look like it was fixed. Site management is stuck on doing a dog-and-pony show for clients and other senior Sykes management to attempt to paint a rosy picture when the fact is the site is a disaster in management. Promotions are almost non-existent for people that can make it better, they would rather put their friends in the position and then protect them. To be honest I'm surprised the client (AT&T) has not pulled their business, unless they've had such a smoke screen blown in their face too. I have no opinion of the CEO but if I was him, I'd be embarrassed with the Lakeland II site management and performance. The site can be so much better but not with current management.

its a joke

Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY
    Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

THERE ARE NO PROS TO THIS JOB

Cons

terrible, awful, a joke, underpaid

young and unprofessional