SYKES Reviews

166 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset

I worked at the Sykes call center that was an affiliate of Bank of America.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview is done online. There is 8 weeks of training. It could be fun and informative if you have a great trainer. After 6 weeks of training, you get put in a team and your team leader helps you through OJT. Once on the floor, you get a team manager. Mine was awesome and a great motivator. She always encouraged us to be the best and was always helpful. The pay is above minimum wage and you do have insurance. Yes, you may have upset customers who will cuss you out. I always put the phone on mute and laugh because they can't see you. Please don't take it personal. You get a small 9% incentive for availability, handle time, and survey. I always had great surveys. If you cant get a TM to help, my coworkers helped out a lot On one of your breaks, read up. Info changes daily. The do have give a ways and our site donated a lot of money for local charities, which is awesome.

Cons

*Not enough pay. You get paid so little to do so much. The actual workers a BOC gets paid way more. I think we had the best and knowledgeable staff because the people who worked at the actual company NEVER knew the simplest tasks. *Technical Issues I had to come in to work 30 minutes early to find a working computer. Some of my coworkers would saves seats for their friends and lie about the computers being broken. There was never a sign up saying the computers were down *Escalation Some of them had the worst attitudes ever. They barely wanted to do their jobs and would look at you crazy or send you to someone else if you need help. One guy said I said mam too much (which is how we show respect in the south). *Promotion Not much room for promotion. And if you want to move to a department that does double duty (blended) the extra $0.25 is not worth the headache.

Advice to Management

Pay more for blended workers. They do double duty. Make workers feel appreciate and not like prison inmates Allow people to take the vacation (unless it's a holiday or people put in a lot for that day) when they put in for it. I personally know someone who has worked there for two years and got their vacation denied every time. More pay overall Get reliable IT people. Not ones who sit around and get a free paycheck Talk to your workers. See about the issues they are having. Create a better work environment. Even though I no longer work there, I think is management took pride in their employees, it will be a little better place to work. A thank you can go a LONG way.

Sykes Enterprises Inc.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Auburndale, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Auburndale, FL

I worked at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

Easy employment, fairly simple job.

Cons

Not very good about approving time off.

3. Payroll Officer

Current Employee - Payroll Officer in Pocahontas, AR
    Current Employee - Payroll Officer in Pocahontas, AR

Pros

Its a home job love being wih my family.

Cons

They pay you when they want not good to their employees

Liked the job, not the management.

Pros

Great hours, constant overtime, in-depth training.

Cons

Terrible management, immature co-workers, drama.

6. Sykes a starting point to almost anyone with or without manners

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Langhorne, PA

Pros

Generally 40 hours plus some over time

Cons

I wrote a good amout of issues and the system did not allow mt to post my review. I will just list them. Poor training. No one is on the same page. They dont take your ideas into consideration. They change your hours at ramdom, if you dont agree they say quit. Even when you were hire as day shift they can give you night hours. Computers or internet connection slow, it makes you be on the phone longer, then you get points taken off by something that is out of your reach. You dont have a desk. You have to jump from desk to desk, sometimes the pc or phone is down making you late, then you get warnings. I believe that is unfair. Finall point most employes dont care about providing a good service, just getting a pay check.

Advice to Management

When you start working there you dont get introduce to any managment person / people only the trainer, recluter and the supervisor you will be working with.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I worked at SYKES (Less than a year)

Pros

Upper management isn't disconnected from the floor, coworkers were helpful

Cons

I had 4 team leads in the 5 months I was there. Almost impossible to get to know your teammates. Ridiculously strict about time logged in as available on phones. There were so many different metrics that they cared about that it felt you could never be good enough.

Advice to Management

Stop being controlling about time efficiency. Give your people time to breath and get to know each other. Team solidarity goes a long way to keep people happy at work.

Customer Service

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

you get paid every other week. its full time position

Cons

break rooms have roaches and bugs , no longer get paid for holidays barely gets recognized insurance and benefits are not all that great . JUST EVERYTHING .

Advice to Management

keep breaking rooms cleans recognize the agents that are doing there best . Give more career opportunities. give better benefits

9. Employment no other jobs in the area

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

Pros

No real physical demands, only employment in Sumter, SC, incentives if goals are met, good coworkers, some good managers.

Cons

Low pay, advancing is basic shifting back and forth between your position and a lateral position temporarily, most shifts are fine unless you require first shift.

Advice to Management

Higher pay for employees.

Not too bad

Former Employee - Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate having a job in today's economy.

Cons

They miss an opportunity to pick the brains of people who are not at the senior management level.

Advice to Management

Your title doesn't make you smarter than me, and doesn't replace experience I may have. Relax your ego and get over yourself.

11. Sykes

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work at home and flexibility with scheduling when you need to take off or have to do split shifts

Cons

Contracted work so you can be hired then let go.

RSS Feed </> Embed