SYKES Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management making high end dollars with little or no raises for those who are generating the business (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience with sykes has been wonderful, I learned so much from this place.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

The good thing about sykes is the fact that they are always training of they ensure that we have extensive training in every thing that our job entails. I also like the fact when allow us to voice our opinion about things that we like or do not like

Cons

The most important con working at Sykes would have to be the pay.they do not pay us enough

no thank you.

Downward Spiral

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work-life balance is ok. Most colleagues from my department are ok.

Cons

Very very limited training, zero financial growth, nepotism.
    The global/corporate leadership, as well as the local leadership in the Philippines lack vision and foresight. Since 2010, it seemed that the company mantra is to remove very talented individuals for the sake if either nepotism or meeting the gross profit margins.
    The management, almost everyone with power, can't handle change. The arrogance is overwhelming. I'm starting to think that everyone was issued nostalgia glasses.

Corporate: stop bickering. Do something about nepotism in your ranks.
    Sykes Asia: target growth in every direction. Be more aggressive in expanding the business AND ensuring employee satisfaction. Also, do something about nepotism. It has become an epidemic. It can be found both in and out of your call center operations.

absolutely hell

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Sydney, NS (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Sydney, NS (Canada)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

the other people , who are your co-workers, are going through the same things

Cons

always on your back about something, extremely micromanaged, they tell you anything good.. about what you are doing.. just yelling up and down the halls like a madwoman

get some that are qualified, more than 40 % of the agents out on stress leave.. what does that tell you

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The opposite of the dream they sell you in the training class.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities but it contradicts with the cons of being at this job. Get hired at your own risk.

Cons

Do not consider this a permanent job. It is not what they make it seem. Lies about easy advancement. They teach you the job but it's still wrong... I can go all day but it's not worth it..

No thank you.

Sykes sucks at being a progressive company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only pro is benefits plan but that doesn't help with day to day living

Cons

No wage increases. No monetary bonuses just stupid contests. In a year there I have won a pen

Change management. They all have their heads stuck down in the sand. Ask them anything you don't get an answer and they don't even have courtesy to even try to get one

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I  in  Mandaluyong City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I in Mandaluyong City (Philippines)

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

At least you have a job in order to put food on the table. Aside from it, Nothing more.

Cons

Everything you could ever imagine. Unprofessional management employees, unfair compensation. my advice to current employees is to sue this company. Find out everything suspicious and report to NBI (National Bureau of Investigation). two birds in one stone, you can help fellow Filipinos free themselves from these menace and probably make some money out of it.

Stay put and wait for the wrath of Karma.

Sucks !!

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sit down
    Down Time
    In the mall

Cons

Low pay
    Harrassment
    No help
    One pay raise

Don't ever work here! EVER!!

Current Employee - Member Service Representative  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's better than working minimum wage and it's a sit down job.

Cons

The company cares more about numbers and than it's employees!! You get punished for being out of work even though you have a legitimate reason. Too much stress for the pay. Management sucks! You have to work in any weather situation...i.e. had to come to work in a snow storm "because the client need us". So we have to risk our lives for the client's needs. I've never worked in a more horrible call center.

Care about the employees more!! We have lives too!!

It's a joke

Current Employee - Call Center Agent  in  Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Sherbrooke, QC (Canada)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is not THAT bad and coworkers are really nice. Thats all. Really.

Cons

Stressful, customers are abusive, change of queue non-stop with a day of calls back to back then the day after nearly nothing, the blind leading the blind *Really, the supervisors are terrible*

Make sure the supervisors are people who have worked in the departement for more than one week... I don't care if they can small talk and calm the employe, if they cannot help with the system and know nothing about what is the job on the floor, they are worth nothing.

Sykes the company that doesn't give a shiet...

Current Employee - Hp Commercial Printer Technician  in  Ed, Västra Götaland (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Hp Commercial Printer Technician in Ed, Västra Götaland (Sweden)

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get a job.

that's all the pro's i can find.

Cons

The training i got was almost non existent.
    Supervisors are never there to help and they are clueless
    you are being treated as a joke, no one takes you serious.

Start treating your employee's better maybe they will stay longer then the contract demands.

When you promote employee's make sure they have some brain at least,

If you are promoting the job by telling all the awesome stuff you can do in you break like pool, PlayStation, darts, then it should at least work... the pool table defies the laws of physics and pool cues are held together by duct-tape, the playstation are missing a controller, the darts have no tips.

fire all of your IT department they are doing nothing and are so stuck up without having any reason to be that, can't even get a new RJ45 cable cuz apparently there are none available....

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!