SYKES Reviews

Updated May 2, 2015
574 reviews filtered by

Awful, If I could go back in time I would've never applied.

I worked at SYKES

Pros

There are no pros for working at Sykes in Kingstree, SC.

Cons

Everything, my last team manager sent an email to my whole team stating that I was being fired, & nothing happened to him. He was not professional and should have been suspended for what he's done, all I know is that Sykes in Kingstree happens to be a very toxic & unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Management

Needs new manaement

Former Team Leader Agency on Gaming Client - 4 Years

Former Employee - Team Leader - Gaming
    Former Employee - Team Leader - Gaming

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, no money being spent for gas, or transportation.

Cons

No life, pay check to pay check, have to always say yes to keep your job or even look at advancement. Never seen family or friends. No flexibility in hours. Pay way under the amount any individual should make as a team leader. No communication within leadership and this causing issues down to the agents. Upper management does not assist lower management which in turn produces lies to agents. On the gaming program lets just name it Xbox, you are treated like crap by both the company and the gaming client they care more about your score on a web survey after the call then the great service you provide. They also hire without drug tests so pot heads are doing there customer service. Yes as when I was a leader I busted my agent whom forgot to use mute dealing a transaction on there cell phone.....

Advice to Management

Its too late, the model is great for work from home the issue is that you have created a monster within the company and there is no stopping it now.

Customer Services Reps

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job, in an economy that has very few.

Cons

So many. Very low pay. Cheap company. Rules set up, but no one follows them. Computers don't work at least half the time. Boring. Poor training. No paid holidays. Beneifts are a joke. Dirty environment.

Advice to Management

Step up! Look at what's going on around you!

5. Poor employee satisfaction

I worked at SYKES

Pros

Nothing I can think of

Cons

Unfair advancement, its all about prefences

Advice to Management

Be more transparente in the process

Terrible Training Managers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have the convenience of working at home.

Cons

Terrible hiring process. I did all the paperwork, background check and showed up for my online class only to be told that I WAS FIRED on day 2 because I live in Florida and ligtening knocked my phone out. They did no allow me to attend class using another LANDLINE phone. I have worked for several work at home companies and this was the most rediculous thing I ever heard. THEY WILL NOT HAVE SYMPATHY for you AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. RUN AWAY...THERE ARE MANY MANY OTHER Work at home companies that will work with helping you get started in your Work at home career.

Advice to Management

YOU NEED TO SEE WHAT MAKES OTHER WORK AT HOME COMAPNIES SUCCESSFUL...ONE IS LOW TURNOVER.

7. no opportunities, waste of time, low payment only if its a really really must!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are nice, couple of years ago they actually had events on multiple occasions ...not anymore tho

Cons

-zero chance to advance
    -the offices is way to small for the amount of people they have on square meter
    -management doesn't care about the Clients or Employees, you can die in the corner just hit the target so THEY get their bonus
    -management is unprofessional, people advance with friendship not with actual skill
    -there are people there who work at higher ranks and don't actually know how to work in the system
    -no events
    - it's like a sinking ship

Advice to Management

find a new office, get rid of the buddy system and kick half of the managers and supervises

8. Enkel als je een eerste job nodig hebt. If you need a first job. Only.

Current Employee - Technical support-engineer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Technical support-engineer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Ongelimiteerd reizen in Nederland.

Zeer goede training.

Als je een fatsoenlijke middelmanager hebt die geeft om wat er aan de hand is, en je kan afschermen van onnodige druk, is het geen slechte plek om voor een tijdje te werken.

Unlimited travel in the Netherlands.
    Very good training.
    If you have a decent middle manager that cares about what is going on, and can shield you from unnecessary pressure, it is not a bad place to work for a while.

Cons

Weinig mogelijkheden om door te groeien: middelmanagers zijn vaak niet gekozen voor prestaties maar door vriendjespolitiek en hielenlikkerij.

Als een middelmanager toxisch is (personeel en drugsmisbruik), dan is actie van het hoge management onwaarschijnlijk: je enige optie is om van departement te wisselen of het te verlaten.

Beloftes van verbetering qua werklast van hoger management is daar een voorbeeld van.

Hoge druk op teams voor extra resultaten voor de klant tegen elke prijs... waarvan de klant zich niet bewust is. De focus ligt op kwantiteit, niet kwaliteit. Leidt tot verloren rekeningen.

Als je 'peanuts' betaalt, neem dan apen aan. Ze zullen proberen je te beroven van elke loonsverhoging met smerige trucjes.

Few opportunities for advancement: middle managers are often not chosen for performance but nepotism and sycophancy.
    If a middle manager is toxic (personnel and drug abuse) action from high level management is unlikely to happen: your only recourse is to leave or change departments.
    Promises of improvement in workload from higher management are just that.
    High pressure on teams to provide extra results for the customer at any costs... that the customer does not want or is aware of. The focus on quantity not quality. Leads to lost accounts.
    Pay peanuts, hire monkeys. They will try to rob you of salary increases with dirty tricks.

Advice to Management

Stop met het promoveren van de slijmballen naar hoge posities. Kijk naar wat alle werknemers je vertellen.

Start met je eigen gedragsnormen na te leven.

Stop promoting the toadies to positions of authority. Check what all employees are telling you.
    Start living to our own purported standards of conduct..

Horrid place to work! If you do not sell you are always in trouble and you constantly get written up.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are the only good thing about the job. They will work with you if you are going to school on your hours.

Cons

Having to lie about services. How awesome and blazing things are with the home products.

Advice to Management

Don't make people force sell. Some are better at other things. If you have good sellers leave up to them to do the lying.

Straight Ghetto, Unprofessional. If you like feeling unsafe at work then this may be the place for you!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish there were some Pros to list for this employer. If you are only looking for a paycheck and do not have standards than by all means please work here.

Cons

Loud, rude representatives, they curse on the floor and customers are able to hear what is being said. There were almost two fights. No professionalism from reps or management. Poor attendance policy, will not accept doctors notes from being out of work unless on there"letter head". The do not care about their employers, only about the money they make from AT&T. Poor benefits, personal growth and compensation. Was not able to see my pay stub for 3 months after hire date. They are not organized and do not care. If you want to work for AT&T my recommendation is to apply there and not this ghetto reject. So ghetto you do not feel safe in the workplace. The only reason you received one star is because I could not submit my review without giving you that one. You do not deserve that one.

Advice to Management

Monitor the reps and management staff you hire. Customers are able to hear very well when on a call. You lack professionalism, work ethics, courtesy, and respect. That show you care starts with you reps who pass it on to the customer.

TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None- terrible employee culture and environment= hostile

Cons

EVERYTHING!! lack of professional management, completely disrespected employees, never more than a number of calls - and never valued for work provided.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees and Treat them like actual human beings..