SYKES Reviews

540 reviews filtered by

Terrible Training Managers

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have the convenience of working at home.

Cons

Terrible hiring process. I did all the paperwork, background check and showed up for my online class only to be told that I WAS FIRED on day 2 because I live in Florida and ligtening knocked my phone out. They did no allow me to attend class using another LANDLINE phone. I have worked for several work at home companies and this was the most rediculous thing I ever heard. THEY WILL NOT HAVE SYMPATHY for you AND THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. RUN AWAY...THERE ARE MANY MANY OTHER Work at home companies that will work with helping you get started in your Work at home career.

YOU NEED TO SEE WHAT MAKES OTHER WORK AT HOME COMAPNIES SUCCESSFUL...ONE IS LOW TURNOVER.

2. no opportunities, waste of time, low payment only if its a really really must!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Budapest (Hungary)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Colleagues are nice, couple of years ago they actually had events on multiple occasions ...not anymore tho

Cons

-zero chance to advance
    -the offices is way to small for the amount of people they have on square meter
    -management doesn't care about the Clients or Employees, you can die in the corner just hit the target so THEY get their bonus
    -management is unprofessional, people advance with friendship not with actual skill
    -there are people there who work at higher ranks and don't actually know how to work in the system
    -no events
    - it's like a sinking ship

find a new office, get rid of the buddy system and kick half of the managers and supervises

3. If you need a first job. Only.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited travel in the Netherlands.
    Very good training.
    If you have a decent middle manager that cares about what is going on, and can shield you from unnecessary pressure, it is not a bad place to work for a while.

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement: middle managers are often not chosen for performance but nepotism and sycophancy.
    If a middle manager is toxic (personnel and drug abuse) action from high level management is unlikely to happen: your only recourse is to leave or change departments.
    Promises of improvement in workload from higher management are just that.
    High pressure on teams to provide extra results for the customer at any costs... that the customer does not want or is aware of. The focus on quantity not quality. Leads to lost accounts.
    Pay peanuts, hire monkeys. They will try to rob you of salary increases with dirty tricks.

Stop promoting the toadies to positions of authority. Check what all employees are telling you.
    Start living to our own purported standards of conduct..

Horrid place to work! If you do not sell you are always in trouble and you constantly get written up.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are the only good thing about the job. They will work with you if you are going to school on your hours.

Cons

Having to lie about services. How awesome and blazing things are with the home products.

Don't make people force sell. Some are better at other things. If you have good sellers leave up to them to do the lying.

Straight Ghetto, Unprofessional. If you like feeling unsafe at work then this may be the place for you!!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wish there were some Pros to list for this employer. If you are only looking for a paycheck and do not have standards than by all means please work here.

Cons

Loud, rude representatives, they curse on the floor and customers are able to hear what is being said. There were almost two fights. No professionalism from reps or management. Poor attendance policy, will not accept doctors notes from being out of work unless on there"letter head". The do not care about their employers, only about the money they make from AT&T. Poor benefits, personal growth and compensation. Was not able to see my pay stub for 3 months after hire date. They are not organized and do not care. If you want to work for AT&T my recommendation is to apply there and not this ghetto reject. So ghetto you do not feel safe in the workplace. The only reason you received one star is because I could not submit my review without giving you that one. You do not deserve that one.

Monitor the reps and management staff you hire. Customers are able to hear very well when on a call. You lack professionalism, work ethics, courtesy, and respect. That show you care starts with you reps who pass it on to the customer.

TERRIBLE!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None- terrible employee culture and environment= hostile

Cons

EVERYTHING!! lack of professional management, completely disrespected employees, never more than a number of calls - and never valued for work provided.

Invest in employees and Treat them like actual human beings..

Don't waste your time!

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Being able to work from home is a huge plus. But honestly it's better to drive to your job than to work for this company. I am just being honest.

Cons

*Sykes demands so much of You
    *I was told many lies and would not waste your time applying for this company. Fins another place to work for.

Be honest!!!

Only work here for a paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It provides a paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Stressful and very very unprofessional. Constantly someone is standing over you with criticism. Many threats of being written up if metrics are not met.

Work on people skills and improve training

on my last straw....

Current Employee - Customer Care in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES (more than a year)

Pros

-work from home (and they constantly tell you this when shorting you on technical pay or cheating you out of hours - Quote "at least you don't have to pay for gas to come to work" - really? how does that comfort someone that needs to pay their bills, was at the computer trying to get the phone or databases to work, and is out 11 hours in one week (AGAIN) due to technical issues that were not theirs?)

Cons

-databases go down ALL the time and you sit there calling support and wait an hour sometimes to get them on the line.

-you troubleshooting with 2 or 3 different people because the one that told you to just shut down is and wait 15 minutes and come back is gone or doesn't respond anymore in chat.

-no matter what, you are not paid for this time because they ALWAYS blame your internet even if several other people are having the same issue. If your speed and pings are ok, they say the VPN uses the internet differently so those don't matter but it is the first thing they check every time.

-horrible training and non existent up training when new rate plans or devices are launched. They just give you links and you are supposed to train yourself between calls...except there are no between calls since they are back to back

-custs call in knowing more than you do due to poor or lack of training and get angry when you tell them the wrong information that you get from the team leads in the room chats.

-each team lead you ask tells you something different - when you can get a hold of them

-no matter what your schedule is, they will give you a team lead that works outside of it. Good luck waiting for an email when you send one. They never get it or they get lost and ask for another until you just give up. .

-issues with anything pay, schedule, team leads, ect all go through your team lead and so you constantly email them if they have heard anything back and they never have so nothing ever get resolved.

-nasty hateful responses when you question any policy or lack of training. Then you are on a black list and good luck getting any of your support questions answered after that

-very cliquish with everything from responses to help with issues. Will skip over you in chat to answer other questions and completely ignore yours leading to multiple requests for assistance and a very angry customer.

-escalation lines always a very long wait and angry cust will wait.I had one cust wait an hour and 40 minutes last week and still no one answered the escalation line and he finally gave up.

You can start by getting servers and databases running right and not always blaming the employee. If several are having the same issue. It is not their internet! .Training and up training properly. Make sure people giving the information in the chats know what they are talking about. Have more support for the those taking the calls so they don't have to write and rewrite their questions in chat while the custs wait 10 minutes on the phone.

11. its a joke

Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY
    Former Employee - Rep in Bardstown, KY

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

THERE ARE NO PROS TO THIS JOB

Cons

terrible, awful, a joke, underpaid

young and unprofessional