SYKES Reviews

Reset

Terrible Leadership, Terrible Decisions, Terrible Communication

Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate Office Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am so disappointed with this company I am grasping to find any pros. My friends and co-workers make it tolerable and I get a paycheck every couple of weeks.

Cons

I work at our corporate office, but have very strong ties to the field. Everyday I see first hand the disconnection between those that are running the operation and those that are doing the work in the sites. Our executive team, along with senior management is so blind right now. Everyone, and I mean everyone at my level is scratching their heads trying to figure out what happened to Chuck Sykes (CEO), Jenna Nelson (SVP, HR) and the rest of the C-level leadership. We used to have an open forum for communicating and our opinions about the business mattered. Now, we are told, "Do what you are told." The culture is this - If you have an opinion about something, keep it to yourself or you may just be the next to go. I would have never thought that Sykes would end up in such a mess. After a co-worker turned me onto Glassdoor I sat staring at the reviews and found out that I am not the only one who feels this way. Anyone considering a job at Sykes should go in knowing the following things: 1. The numbers of negative reviews are worth the read and very much true. I agree with 100% of what has been said about the acquisition to Alpine Access and the changes that are happening because of the acquisition. 2. Sykes says they want change and they will woo you with the change management speel. Do not buy it. If you try to bring about change you will be let go. 3. Sykes is a large company with a lot of politics. If you schmooze the right people you will have a job no matter how much you do or don't do. 4. Sykes leadership team is out of touch with the call center world. 5. Sykes has turned over the reigns to Alpine Access and is letting them run rough shot over all employees. 6. Sykes will expect you to spend your own money on business expenses and then get reimbursed (the typically reimburse within 7 days) 7. Sykes will break their promises to you.

Advice to Management

Read the glassdoor reviews!

Very average and perhaps even sub-par.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck and nothing more.

Cons

Badging in and out, meeting time multiple time restraints, and minimum accuracy gaps.

Advice to Management

Offer more pay, at least what the average call center is in surrounding areas.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

? near places to buy lunch. Good supervisors and phone reps.

Cons

Noisy , dirty, clueless upper management . Normal friendly and motivating work atmosphere is non existent. The threat to fire , suspended or discipline is a daily occurrence on the floor as the management walks the call floor looking for violations . Very unprofessional management style . Hr is useless and NOT helpful in any way. This company has a extremely high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Be retrained or replaced .

CCP

Current Employee - CCP
    Current Employee - CCP

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the only positive is that you are provided with a work computer so that you dont have to use your own.

Cons

Minimum wage training pay. then low pay for the amount of work you are expected to do. Nickel and dime you for every second you are at work. inadequate training, then thrown to the wolves to help customers when you have virtually no clue as to how to do so. constant tech issues. Just an awful place to work for.

Law Suit Has Begun

Current Employee - Cs Representative
    Current Employee - Cs Representative

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at home that's it!

Cons

Low pay, did not pay me for a week, did not pay me for time logged in and did not pay me last check when I quit! High stress, wanted you to do all this work for 9.00 always monitored your calls-micromanaged and I was a top performer, promised to increase my pay within six months never happened, but always threatened to FIRE you!

Advice to Management

Just got my email for the lawsuit and I will be joining. Still have all my emails from HR and management about my pay that was never given to me and when your BOOT disk didn't work, you didn't pay me! Give me my money SYKES!!! Wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

my experience was enjoyable at the beginning; however I was treated very unfair the longer I stayed with the company.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to enhance my customer service skills with this company.

Cons

The company show a numerous about of favoritism towards a few selected people in the company.

8. Horrible experience at Sykes

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

The only pro here is that they provide a computer for you to use for your shift and the fact that you can work from home.

Cons

The cons are as follows: The pay sucks, if you get paid at all. I have been scheduled for 63 hours in two weeks and was only paid for 57 of them. Why? Tech issues. If you're having a tech problem, you need to troubleshoot, and troubleshooting is NOT PAID. Information is changing constantly, and the team leads are all new. All of them. None of them know anything when you ask questions, the only answer they give is "I will look into that for you" and never get back to you. 6 weeks of training in a online class room with a week of calls, and then after the 6 weeks is done, you're in another 12 weeks of on the job training where your survey scores determine if you graduate or not. Note, this was not explained during the 6 week initial training. Your calls are constantly listened to and you are micromanaged on everything.

Advice to Management

Please take some time to consider your employees feelings and concerns. You ask us to email you with concerns but you never respond, theres no action taken.

Take responsibility for your software malfunctions

Current Employee - Account Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Account Management Specialist

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from home. I really enjoy my job when i can actually do it and dont have to deal with rude managers and people who could care less and only want to blame you for their issues.

Cons

Management does not listen when you try to talk to them. They are rude and cant answer questions, Technical issues and lots of them. Then they blame you for technical issues with their software. When you ask for help it's either your fault or they cant help.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for the software issues and stop blaming it on employees.

Looks Good On the Outside

Former Employee - Fashion Representative
    Former Employee - Fashion Representative

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working From Home Release shifts up to the day they are scheduled Pick up extra shifts when desired Great relationships with other CSPs

Cons

Lawsuit against company for not paying agents for hours worked and overtime Paid by your virtual soft phone and not by a time card, which allows the company to alter it Careless management; lack of support high turn over rate extremely low pay Over the top micromanagement by so call team leaders that are no more knowledgeable than the agents but yet get paid to sit around and give orders Company will write you up the first chance they get (was accused of call avoidance because of a technical issue preventing callers from hearing me) If you are not meeting the performance requirements, you are yelled it. If you are exceeding the requirements, you're accused of foul play and your job is threatened. You loose either way.

Bad company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire everybody and the pay isn't all bad

Cons

Bad management all managers unprofessional and some are criminals

Advice to Management

Watch the company

RSS Feed </> Embed