SYKES Reviews

Updated April 17, 2015
552 reviews filtered by

1. Good company

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Good supervisors who are willing to answer your questions and help you.
    Work from home which is great!

Cons

Pay could be better for certain positions, but its work from home so that is a huge plus!
    Not always steady work- if your position is seasonal there is not a guarantee to be another position available right away.

Advice to Management

N/A

SYKES Response

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

Thank you. We appreciate the feedback and consistently look for ways to support our employees.

2. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from Home. Team mates are great.

Cons

Always on edge about keeping your job. Transfers to different Vendors and losing hours.

Advice to Management

When an employee that's been with you for a long time and never misses work help them out when they ask for less hours and an earlier schedule.
    Metrics are not perfect and I wouldn't use them as a guide for a long time employee especially when the survey is sent out with the wrong name on it. Try going a month without pay until you start a different vendor.

3. Great job with great opportunities!!

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love Sykes! I started out in the Maintenance department at Sykes in Malvern, AR. I have been given opportunity after opportunity to grow, learn, and develop as I learned reception duties, recruiting duties, and HR systems. I have had the opportunity to build relationships with people all over the country. I get to train, help, and support folks on the front lines working with our customers...the CSA's. I love my job, my team, my boss, and my sites! I love what our local Sykes' does for our community by offering great job opportunities with great pay and benefits for our area. I also love to see all the great work we do to support our local schools and organizations that help those less fortunate. Finally, I love the Employee Relief Fund that was started this last year. I love the idea of employees helping other employees in need.

Cons

I don't take the benefits because i get a better deal with my husband's employer, but they are good if you don't have other options.

5. I am truly enjoying my experience with Sykes-- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The reasons to work at Sykes would be the pay, benefits, location, the people, and the environment. If you are looking for a career opportunity with advancement opportunities then Sykes is the place to be. Personal growth is inevitable because it teaches you how to deal with people. You learn a lot about yourself by dealing with others. Sykes is a place where you can learn discipline, determination, and dedication. I truly believe that being with Sykes, I have learned that even with personal and professional growth- it's not a race. Sure we are a fast paced environment but at the end of the day, it's not all about being swift but enduring til the end.

Cons

Some challenges you will face in your journey with Sykes is that some people will have their own opinions about Sykes. The atmosphere is not for everyone and the job (in its entirety) is not for everyone; so with that, you will have a lot of negative feedback. If a person lacks discipline, determination, dedication, integrity, and moral standards then success in the business will not be an option.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give to management is that you must keep believing in yourself and your dreams. The common goal is success.

6. It was intetstng to learn a new trade. I was a CCP Tech Support Agent

Current Employee - Call Center in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Call Center in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Paid training, Payroll, hours, and benefits

Cons

The Scheduled shifts were inconvenient.

Advice to Management

None

7. Call agent

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

The coworkers are the best thing the management are the worst.

Cons

The managers and the company

Advice to Management

More pay for the work

SYKES Response

Feb 21, 2015Sr. Manager TA Marketing & Sourcing

I'm sorry to hear that. We appreciate all feedback and will do our best to continue to build on our coaching culture.

8. Customer service representative

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sit down all day, stay busy

Cons

Need more training provided for new employees

Best Job Ever

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to work at home. You are never far from your family or from your job. The hours are flexible. You can pick up shifts, or turn down shifts. They pay on time. In my experience, the Coaches and Life Coach have been nothing but helpful. Chuck Sykes had a fabulous vision that is family friendly, environmentally sound and it is working! I am never treated like I am lesser-than my superiors. I look forward to going to work for once in my life. I can't compliment this company enough. They have changed my life. I am housebound, and I thought I would never work again. Look at me now!

Cons

The cons that I see listed are typical of any company. They are based off of personal preferences, and the people posting them would find these faults in any company, anyplace. Your job is what you make of it. Its up to you to decide that you are going to be happy. This also makes you a better employee. If you can't deal with the ins and outs of your current program, simply switch programs. Reach out to your Life Coach. That is what they do. The pay is low, I get that. But the bonuses are awesome and you do get tenure raises!
    Having said that, there are some room for improvement. The technical bugs do need some attention. Some programs would do well to implement a employee recognition program to raise morale.
    If you are the type that desperately needs personal, face-to-face interaction, obviously this would not be the company for you. But your coworkers are right there to chat with. Chat with them!
    Training could be better defined. Our trainers are not the issue, but the material. What they are given to teach you and what you really need to know are completely different in a working situation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!
    Improve training materials so that they better match the world of production.
    Create an employee incentive program for great work, rather than simple coaching for substandard work.
    Don't pay attention to the poor reviews.

10. I had a great work experience

I worked at SYKES

Pros

I got to approve my customer service skill
    Got to assist customers with issues
    Interacting with other people

Cons

Dealing with the Angry customers

Advice to Management

I have nothing to share at this time

11. Customer Service Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Low gas cost. Taking naps on breaks. Flexible Schedule.

Cons

Minimum wage, little to no benefits. Barely any paid time off. Not having the opportunity to work 40 hour work weeks

Advice to Management

If you want to see better revenue and more contracts, treat your employees above the at home industry standard.