SYKES

Updated December 16, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

BEST job of my LIFE

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Top Performer in Manchester, TN

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at this company for a full year now, and in the past year I have come to realize this company is amazing.
    1. Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways.
    2. Management cares about you as a person and your success .
    3. I have grown in this company quickly in the past year and I could not work for better people. Sykes give you so much room to grow and I love that the most about this company. NOT ONCE have I felt that I was in a dead in job.
    4. I love not having to leave my home
    5. The perks and bonuses are amazing love winning things too :-)
    6. I love working in the team setting together achieving GOALS
    7. Your voice never falls on deaf ears here
    8. This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company..
    9. Training was in depth and you knew you were prepared
    10. Work life balance can be achieved depending on your shift selection

Cons

1. I do wish for one thing better benefit options.

♥!!!!!KEEP IT UP!!!! ♥

Not bad if you can meet metrics and deal with Stress, but outsourcing cost me my job

Former Employee - TSR in Pikeville, KY
    Former Employee - TSR in Pikeville, KY

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent Team Environment if you work FOR Sykes in their centers for the most part. Work at Home, I am not sure but based on what I have heard its completely different. You get to handle and fix issues for customers that can be satisfying in itself depending on the attitude of the customer.

Cons

Bad Calls or Customer contact can deter workers from wanting to do a good job. Meeting Metrics is more important than the Quality / Solution to the problem. Techs who meet Metrics regardless of whether or not the Customer is satisfied or problem resolved get rewarded, whereas the REAL Techs that fix the problems, that do not meet Metrics get penalized. This is NOT a good system to use. Whoever came up with this system needs to be tar and feathered. Pay is not that good in regards to the stress levels and overall work experience.

Advice to Company: Reward your Techs for 'fixing" the problems and providing a good customer service to the community. Metrics do not mean as much as you think and Customers care more about solutions than getting rushed off the phone. Last but not least, stop the outsourcing. You are sacrificing quality for quantity (US Citizens do not like to talk to non-English (coherent) speaking people for the most part. Your contributing to the decline of the economy in the USA. Stop being greedy and start helping your country / fellow Americans rather than hurting them.

My advice to Management: Treat your Team Members with respect in ALL situations. Work with them not against them and you will have better results. Difficult problems take time and consideration to fix. Stop penalizing your techs for trying to fix problems. Customers stay longer and spend more money with companies they feel are "trying" to help them. Pay your people more and they will do a better job and feel better about their self and the company they work for.

Sykes retention agent for At&t

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great for networking for other jobs in the future. Since most people that work there are always looking for new employment opportunities they share other job openings for other companies

Cons

Totally filled with drama and no one ever knows what they are doing as far as management and Human Resources goes

Generally friendly and fun.

Current Employee - Electronic Claims Associate in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Electronic Claims Associate in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Steady work. Good chance of promotion.

Cons

Low pay for the skills required.

It was a learnful period

Former Employee - Team Leader in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You canlearn a lot about a multinational company. (e.g. Feedback, KPIs)
    i was surounded by competent people, regarding their job. We could reach fine results.

Cons

I missed a company culture based on values.

I know you do your best in having a functional company. Give a thought on life values. Be aware that every gesture you make comunicates aboult your values.Don not allow gossiping. This are reflected through the employees.

Very though but I think it would help the company a lot: Lead by example.

Negative reviews understate mismanagement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work at home with flexible hours

Cons

Tons of unpaid work time is fertile ground for lawsuits.
    Metrics are a disservice to Sykes' clients because they do not measure performance.
    Frequent technical problems are always blamed on CSRs,
    Training is inadequate and sometimes wrong. CSRs who cannot learn independently get fired.
    CSRs cannot access necessary tools and databases due to Sykes mismanagement.
    Team leads do not support CSRs because they are abused even worse.
    Promises are worthless. They tell CSRs what they want to hear, then do what management wants..
    CSRs are not allowed to talk to each other, management, nor HR.
    Destruction of evidence -- they delete chat logs and emails showing company misconduct. Copy-and-paste is disabled.

They won't listen. The only ways to get through are lawsuits, Dept of Labor regulation, and maybe competition.

Call Center

Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC
    Current Employee - OMDA Representative in Greenwood, SC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay for the area

Cons

Floor support management could use better training

Do your job..

GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Management Team, and great work-life balance.

Cons

Inconsistent pay compensation. Due to "system gliche" you are not able to receive your max incentive bonus, even if you earned it.

Not just listen to employees about Payroll issues, but act upon them more efficiently.

Good for the people at corp, bad for the rest of us

Former Employee - Operations Analyst
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst

I worked at SYKES full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are nice and team players, everybody is focused in delivering good work

Cons

No growing inside the company, unless you are part of Chuck"s circle or you are the protege of VP of operations for the regions, the rest of the vps do not have any real power inside the company

Please get more good people in the top, Chuck is great but there are only limited ideas to where the company can grow, and the company is static towards new business models, and are solely focused in maintain margins than to look for real and outside the box ways of earning more dollars

Aweful

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

I work in malvern. Nothing good. This company is the worst. For the love of god don't do it.

Cons

No respect. No one follows through with what the say. Really bad upper management.

Get you stuff together