SYKES Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great if you put in the time.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent

Pros

Work from home is fantastic

Cons

Pretty much everything else is sub-par

Advice to Management

Train your people, and hire more coaches.

Compensation is the main issue.

Current Employee - Team Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, metrics are fairly accessible for a call center.

Cons

Compensation is very low, attrition is very high.

Advice to Management

Increasing pay will lower attrition incredibly.

3. Sykes Home CSR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like that I could work from home. They also provided all the necessary training.

Cons

Some of the cons would be that I would be asked to cut my shift earlier on many occasions.

Advice to Management

My advice would be that if you hire people for a full time job please let us know in advance that the job is part time

5. Managing Director

Pros

Sykes is a great place to work and truly cares its people about a work life balance

Cons

In every job there are cons, but none worth mentioning

6. Don't do it

I worked at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from home, opportunity to grow, good for stay at home moms or retirees, also no commute to work or money spent on clothes

Cons

Take out a lot of taxes, shifts suck, not a lot of help, training is very long and tedious and you can't miss any days

Advice to Management

Do better training, and also help you employees out more, also try not to take out as much taxes or at least advise employes

7. CCP

Pros

Work-from-home job opportunity, probably the only plus to this company.

Cons

Low pay for a lot of work, rude callers, back-to-back calls all day, breaks only 10 minutes. They say you can advance in the company but I failed to see that.

Advice to Management

Pay more and appreciate the level stress this job can place on it's CCPs. They are people, too.

8. Sykes

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

No commute. Good pay for a work from home position.

Cons

None I can think of. Love working from home and my co-workers.

9. Need more pay

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Denver, CO

Pros

The coaches are very nice and helpful.

Cons

You can work there for years but raises are minimum.

I worked at the Sykes call center that was an affiliate of Bank of America.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview is done online. There is 8 weeks of training. It could be fun and informative if you have a great trainer. After 6 weeks of training, you get put in a team and your team leader helps you through OJT. Once on the floor, you get a team manager. Mine was awesome and a great motivator. She always encouraged us to be the best and was always helpful. The pay is above minimum wage and you do have insurance. Yes, you may have upset customers who will cuss you out. I always put the phone on mute and laugh because they can't see you. Please don't take it personal. You get a small 9% incentive for availability, handle time, and survey. I always had great surveys. If you cant get a TM to help, my coworkers helped out a lot On one of your breaks, read up. Info changes daily. The do have give a ways and our site donated a lot of money for local charities, which is awesome.

Cons

*Not enough pay. You get paid so little to do so much. The actual workers a BOC gets paid way more. I think we had the best and knowledgeable staff because the people who worked at the actual company NEVER knew the simplest tasks. *Technical Issues I had to come in to work 30 minutes early to find a working computer. Some of my coworkers would saves seats for their friends and lie about the computers being broken. There was never a sign up saying the computers were down *Escalation Some of them had the worst attitudes ever. They barely wanted to do their jobs and would look at you crazy or send you to someone else if you need help. One guy said I said mam too much (which is how we show respect in the south). *Promotion Not much room for promotion. And if you want to move to a department that does double duty (blended) the extra $0.25 is not worth the headache.

Advice to Management

Pay more for blended workers. They do double duty. Make workers feel appreciate and not like prison inmates Allow people to take the vacation (unless it's a holiday or people put in a lot for that day) when they put in for it. I personally know someone who has worked there for two years and got their vacation denied every time. More pay overall Get reliable IT people. Not ones who sit around and get a free paycheck Talk to your workers. See about the issues they are having. Create a better work environment. Even though I no longer work there, I think is management took pride in their employees, it will be a little better place to work. A thank you can go a LONG way.

11. Customer Service Agent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Great training, supportive team members, and ability to advance

Cons

Pay is capped at $10.00 and hour for agents and floor supervisors. To get more pay you have to sell, which is their main focus. Helping customers is top priority so you have to learn to combine the two. No regard for protection of employees regarding harassing customers. Be prepared to get cussed out at least 5-7 times a day no matter how nice you are. Also there are surveys the customers take and even if you give excellent customer service, if the customer is mad at AT&T then they will give you a bad survey. Which management looks heavily at, along with the sales. New training class of 65-80 starts every two weeks, out of those usually only 20-30 make it to production, of which half usually quit in the first week.

Advice to Management

Offer more than $10.00 an hour for people who have been with the company longer. Better pay for commission.

RSS Feed </> Embed