SYKES Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management making high end dollars with little or no raises for those who are generating the business (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't ever work here! EVER!!

Current Employee - Member Service Representative  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's better than working minimum wage and it's a sit down job.

Cons

The company cares more about numbers and than it's employees!! You get punished for being out of work even though you have a legitimate reason. Too much stress for the pay. Management sucks! You have to work in any weather situation...i.e. had to come to work in a snow storm "because the client need us". So we have to risk our lives for the client's needs. I've never worked in a more horrible call center.

Care about the employees more!! We have lives too!!

Sucks !!

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sit down
    Down Time
    In the mall

Cons

Low pay
    Harrassment
    No help
    One pay raise

Awesome...Training is awesome and so is staff

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Training is awesome and so is staff

Cons

i don't have anything bad too say

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Management Desk Analyst  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Management Desk Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Moving up is pretty easy
    -More professional than other call centers

Cons

- It's a call center
    - Pay isn't the best

Love hate relationship

I worked at SYKES

Pros

You start at $9, you can bonus off sales for TV, Internet & Home Phone and now if you add a line of service and if your surveys are good. They give an example of an extra $1,600+ in bonuses every month. If you want to move up they will do all they can to get you there. They have an "exchange" for employees in need where there is food and clothing and much more for those who need it all for free. The site director is extremely friendly and they all have an open door policy. It's mandatory full time with optional over time. You get an hour lunch and tons of schedules to choose from. They will also work with those in the army or in school.

Cons

The bonus off of sales sounds great but it is EXTREMELY hard. Some customers get mad, sometimes there is absolutely no way to offer to customers. And if you don't offer you get wrote up. They are more concerned about making sales then they are of their actual customers having their issues fixed. They cut the highest bonus that was over $300 down to $75 and below that used to be over $200 and now it's $55 and the lowest bonus for WTR (willingness to recommend AT&T) is down to $45 from over $100. So they cut that back a lot. It's a call center. It will literally make you hate your life. You just have to weigh the bad and good, it sounds amazing when you start and you are like Why would any one ever leave?!? This place is amazing!! Then 6+ months down the lone you are like, How do I escape?

Stop pushing so hard on making sales that it makes your employees want to quit. There is more to our customers than selling them things. I would definitely say look into changing the way your TMs bonus so that it's better for the employees and management. I absolutely loved my job until you threatened me about sales.

Unorganized and Stressful

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Was great in beginning Felt welcome Seem like the perfect job I thought why wouldn't anybody want to work here. Mentioned bonuses and overtime but only if your scores are goal. They give away a lot of prizes for incentives.

Cons

For a while was unable to get my pay stub at first it was only for certain reasons you could get. Still unable to access of my own accord. Managers act funny when your doing well they love you when your not its like you don't exist. Managers have no respect for employees they fuss people out on the regular.Dont follow procedures only when convenient to them. They act differently when the client is there. Supposedly its a paperless environment but force paper at your desk. Communication is so far off. Different rules for different people. They judge your performance off of what you cant control.

Show respect Don't yell or sabotage your employees

Terrible

Current Employee - CSR  in  Malvern, AR
    Current Employee - CSR in Malvern, AR

I have been working at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incentives for sales. If you sell, you get paid, if not, don't work here.

Cons

Upper Management, organization, favoritism, salary, training, equipment, location, security, call flow, indecisiveness, must I go on?

Train your management better, a faulty leader is what leads to a faulty staff, which is why I wouldn't suggest working here at all. Treat employees better instead of acting as if they could be replaced at all times, maybe then your attrition rate would lower. Learn to give yearly raises like most other companies. You work here 6 months, get a raise, then three years later still at that same pay you were at at the 6 month mark. If you want a career, don't work here.

DO NOT PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much to say here. This company is a joke and a rip off to AT&T. The only pro I can thing of is it's a job but you're better off working at a fast food restaurant.

Cons

AT&T must have a ton of money to throw away. If I were in corporate with AT&T I would wonder why I am paying Sykes $20,000 per employee. It's more that obvious that Sykes takes advantage of this agreement with it's extremely poor training and laughable management. This company has a revolving door when it comes to it's employees. Hired one day simply because they passed the mirror test (if the mirror fogs up you're breathing and hired) then fired after training because they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. How does this make sense to anyone with a brain?

Take a good hard look at your training. Hire trainers that know how to spell and speak proper English.

slave wages

Current Employee - CSP  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CSP in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

working from home does save some money

Cons

indifferent management and high turnover

raise salaries

The people you work with are your only incentive.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady paycheck, competition, flexible shifts

Cons

Outdated equipment, unfriendly front office, disgusting bathrooms, no appreciation

My advice is to spend a week as a CSR or Team Manager to really understand your employees. You have no idea.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!