SYKES

SYKES Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes

Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Work from home opportunity that allows some flexibility (in 19 reviews)

• great benefits, gives consideration to undergraduates,good BPO company for starters, good working environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 11 reviews)

• Team managers are selected due to their stats, very poor management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Emotionally Draining

ProsPay is nice
    met SOME good people

ConsQuotas
    Work environment
    most people who work there are horrible

Advice to Senior Management--

Hired full time, gets 5 hours a week

Call Center Representative (Former Employee) Lakeland, FL

ProsThe pay was decent.

ConsNot with five hours a week! Our section was slow, so they sent people home everyday after an hour or so of work. I was hired under the impression I would work full time. Management picks favorites, there was no upwards mobility, and the attitudes from managers were horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your attitudes. You cut peoples hours from forty to ten or less a week with no regard and no [ay, and wonder why turn over is so high.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worst company in Florida

Team Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany would hire anyone , & some of the workers are great people to become friends

ConsCompany is not properly trained on what to do , High turn over rate , poor pay with only 1 raise until 2016 unless promotion , promotions are based off who you know all management know each other from previous employer or an sexual relationship , very unprofessional , bad look in Polk county everyone talks about how bad you job it and renamed it to Club Sykes because the way the people dress , company will soon loose contract with AT&T & Others companies because of the bad representation

Advice to Senior ManagementAll management at Sykes needs to be replaced and hired again not site director , 3 to 4 site directors in less than 2 years that's a bad look maybe all management under site director is the question. Good luck to everyone at the company now please look for another job before it's to late

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sykes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey pay good and the job is not that hard

Consmust be able to deal with customers attuitude

Good opportunity

Account Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGood growth opportunities at agent level.

ConsAttrition rate was a challenge to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinually solicit and utilize employee feedback

It's a call center, and that's not a good thing.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Lakeland, FL

ProsThe pay is $9.50 per hour, which is above minimum wage, and it's a full time job so I qualify for benefits.

ConsIt's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic. My supervisor slandered me, and when I reported it to HR they mocked me and laughed me out of the room.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more careful about who you promote to positions of power. Pay special attention to people in HR and the training department.

Stressful...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou have some great co-workers and make some awesome friends! Free SiriusXM radio subscription in you car and internet is cool.

ConsI worked in lakeland 1, in the SiriusXM department... The management was horrible, she had already drove 3 other contracts into the ground, doesn't care about employees or customers, just money. Stressful sales calls, you call the same customers over and over again until they subscribe or DNC, you get written up for not making enough sales (even if most your calls were voicemails or reschedules), forgetting to say recording statement, or other stupid stuff... They tell you in training it's easy to make sales and get commission, but they LIE! You only get the extra cash if you make every sale perfect and without flaw. Not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and your customers just as much, if not more than you bank accounts, their the ones that make money the money possible.

Terrible company

IT Support (Current Employee)

ProsGood chance for promotions and raises, making improvements encouraged

ConsChange management is too involved, management is not friendly, hiring process is tedious, hostile work environment, long pointless meetings, pay is not competitive, processes are not efficient, projects are not managed well

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent managers who can run projects efficiently, relax change management that it doesn't eat up so much time, run meetings more effectively, compensate employees better, lessen micromanagement

They lied to get me to work for them

Pearson Support (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMy trainer was a nice person.

ConsPoor pay, back to back calls, dishonesty. When I was hired (two months ago) I was told the job had no end date. This was reiterated throughout the month of training. Out of the blue last week we're told they are letting go of 2/3rds of the people they hired due to call volume slowing down. A little notice so I could at least look for something else would've been nice. They send an email saying 'As you were told during hire, this position is temporary', except we were actually told the opposite of that. Thanks for the waste of time sykes. Also, so far as I know I did nothing wrong. I was never written up or coached, I was told I was doing a good job if I asked. A good portion of the time the customers called up frustrated, me being the 3rd person they'd spoken with that day, and I was able to resolve their issues quickly and get them to smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with ethics and morals to run the company.

Sucks

ProsA paycheck every 2 weeks. Good job to hold you over until the next better one comes along

ConsThe pay is not competitive .. Promotions are biased and improperly trained... Somehow they don't pay for all your days and management doesn't seem to know how or why but then takes their precious time to get your money. I didn't get my 6 month raise due to them starting off at wrong hourly rate ..

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together properly train people.. Better competitive pay and definite raises.

Worked for SYKES? Contribute to the Community!