SYKES Reviews

Reset

What a joke!

Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Professional in New York, NY

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is the ONLY pro.

Cons

Where do I begin? Systems that crash all the time. Low pay. Poor advancement. Managers that cannot answer a single question, no matter what it is.

Advice to Management

You are beyond advice. Call it a day already!

2. customer service agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

great company I had worked in other country for this company I really learned helped me a lot and like it

Cons

a little of stress but is a good opportunity to learn and get experience and even helps In other areas of life

Tech Support

Current Employee - Tech Support
    Current Employee - Tech Support

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, nice friendly people as co-workers, rent and internet tax deductible. It depends on the program; I worked for 3 and 1 of them was EXCELLENT. The others...

Cons

1. Poor morale on the program 2. Politics 3. Constant changes in TL's make for stressed out people who don't work together 4. Tech issues and waiting days to hear nothing. 5. "Fixing" tech issues turn into more tech issues, then you've missed 30% of your scheduled shift and somehow its your fault 6. Poor pay... switched jobs 3 weeks ago for $6 more an hour, a flexible schedule, still working at home, better morale, better training, and easier work 7. In 9 months I was laid off for 11 of them, transitioning from programs with no hours. At $9 an hour, plus not paid for the 8 hour shifts sitting waiting on tech support, this is a joke.

Advice to Management

1. Get over the mindset that employees are expendable! Take care of your people. 2. Get better tech support. 3. Pay people. You're paying $3 less an hour than a call center, and we have to pay our own phone and internet and computer repairs. 4. Hire trainers with degrees in teaching. Just because someone is a knowledge expert, doesn't mean they can teach.

Customer Service

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Sumter, SC
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Sumter, SC

I have been working at SYKES (More than a year)

Pros

you get paid every other week. its full time position

Cons

break rooms have roaches and bugs , no longer get paid for holidays barely gets recognized insurance and benefits are not all that great . JUST EVERYTHING .

Advice to Management

keep breaking rooms cleans recognize the agents that are doing there best . Give more career opportunities. give better benefits

6. Employment no other jobs in the area

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES

Pros

No real physical demands, only employment in Sumter, SC, incentives if goals are met, good coworkers, some good managers.

Cons

Low pay, advancing is basic shifting back and forth between your position and a lateral position temporarily, most shifts are fine unless you require first shift.

Advice to Management

Higher pay for employees.

7. csr

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Friendly and helpful people

Cons

not enough hours during a two week period

Advice to Management

do not hire so many during the holiday seasons

Not too bad

Former Employee - Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate having a job in today's economy.

Cons

They miss an opportunity to pick the brains of people who are not at the senior management level.

Advice to Management

Your title doesn't make you smarter than me, and doesn't replace experience I may have. Relax your ego and get over yourself.

9. Sykes

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work at home and flexibility with scheduling when you need to take off or have to do split shifts

Cons

Contracted work so you can be hired then let go.

I love this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

I have worked for Sykes for 3 years and love my job. If you come to work everyday with an I can help you attitude and a willingness to try you can go far.

Cons

Just like any job there are pros and cons. Who really likes to go to work everyday. Its a necessary evil.

No salary increase for 5 years

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Friendly environment. Lots of festivities they celebrate during work time. Birthdays, Showers and Holiday celebrations.If you just want some training and then move on this is the place for you to get a good start.

Cons

There are people that work at my site that has been there for 5-10 years and never received a salary increase. The job start at $9.50hr., you get an extra $.50hr., if you get to work on time. They give another $.50hr for quality bonus if you get it. I believe the bonus is set based on budget and they only give it to a few people. This is how it works, they monitor your calls and if you follow all of the rules of receiving calls you get the bonus $.50. Your quality rating need to be 100%. Now what they do is, you could have 100% for the week then receive an 85% just out of nowhere this knocks you out of your bonus. You know you have done everything right on every call but still don't get the bonus. That's how they get you! All of there IT Department, Billing Department, HR Benefits are outsourced. So if you have a IT issue you are calling India for computer repairs. The turn over rate is extremely high. My training group started out with 28 people and only 9 are left and I've only been there for 4 weeks. All holidays are not paid but you have to take off because the call center is closed. So for that day you loose a day of pay or take is out of personal time off.

Advice to Management

Nothing because the will never listen, Sykes is overly consumed with greed and don't have a caring bone in their body. Not much to do here but run!

RSS Feed </> Embed