SYKES

Updated November 26, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 28 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • I've never worked in a more horrible call center (in 13 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

If only there were good changes in the workplace, then maybe it would be tolerable.

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent I in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best thing I've enjoyed was having the chance to meet great friends that would end up being long lasting friends. At one point of my life, I've been a pushover and always let things go. This job did teach me to strengthen myself and to not let people walk all over me.

Cons

There wasn't any stable leadership in the workplace. Managers constantly having "meetings" and never being around to help the CSR's. I didn't feel that the safety of the employees were a top priority to the managers. No leniency for people who have children and have emergencies. No chance to grow in that career due to favoritism. There is no professionalism, and on top of it all, even managers themselves don't follow the mission statement. I wanted to work at SYKES because of the mission statement, and I lost that interest after I immediately worked on the floor after training.

Please stop hiring everyone! Hire those who would actually work hard and help the company grow. Please look closely at your managers because they are just doing whatever they please and not helping your CSR's. If you care about the company, care about your employees. Happy CSR's will bring better results in my opinion, and truthfully at this location, there isn't a single happy CSR. Pop in unannounced and see what its really like, go undercover in your locations. Have some leniency for those with children and those who are married to the military. If the management was different and if the managers actually followed the mission statement, I would have stayed a bit longer. I was one of the top people that did referrals in my team and the whole call center, give some rewards to those who go above and beyond for you. All I ask is to at least consider what I tell you, because most if not all former employees feel the same way I do.

Positive

Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Laid back culture

Cons

Siloed organization with difficulties working across the organization

Break down the walls between organizations/functional areas

Great Company with Great Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SYKES is very involved in the community. They support many events in most of the communities they do business in. They treat employees well.

Cons

I've heard other employees complain about not getting raises in the past but that changed this year.

It appears that the company is working hard to improve employee moral. Keep it up. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Okay

Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Cons

Not enough pay for work required.

Ghetto

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

no pros what so ever for working at this company ,this is the worst job I've worked,the pay is bad ,the management is worst

Cons

No proper training,no structure,put it like this my very 1st day of training the person from HR came to talk to the class and while she was talking she was painting her fingernails,she also told us that she was in a fight during her time in training and still got promoted ..wow

interview people who have management experience

OMG STEER CLEAR!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero, oh wait...I do enjoy my fellow trainees, the trainers...and that's it!

Cons

On your initial interview, you will be told different things that are later wrong. There are no new hire packets distributed so everyone gets different info depending on whom you speak to.

They basically hire anyone with a pulse. Start you at slave wages and no raises. You can't hey straight answers on benefits, dress code, etc.

No using your computer to even look at your paycheck stub to print out; you must use the one and only "kiosk" in the break room.

No entrance to see anyone in HR or the site secretary. Oh and if you have questions about HR related issues, good luck. Pour site was told HR comes to the office on a non scheduled basis.

I was told benefits world begin after 30 days, they don't for 60 days. The health insurance offered had no out of pocket maximum so you just keep paying till you die. The plan is SO bad that it doesn't even qualify under the Affordable Care Act!

Unless you enjoy being lied to and making $9.50 an hour, don't even apply.

Hours at this site vary from 11am to 11pm est, and right now are M-F however, because we do Medicare, during October through February, you will be working weekends too!

It's just a Mickey Mouse operation, oh wait, Disney isn't lame!

Get a freaking clue!

In a few words

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were some at the beginning of working there. Incentives for the agents and promise of growth from the beginning of training for a new building.

Cons

Everything is wrong, there are no incentives it's just do it or don't get anything but written up. Follow the rules constantly and the TM'S and RSD'S break them all the time. They sit around and do nothing to help those on the phone.

Get your act together you are running a company with more employees than you actually should be. You can't handle the responsibility of with everyone that works under you but believe you are doing great WRONG. You need to all step up and let everyone know exactly what is going on in that place. Because when little voices say it they get fired

My experience with sykes has been wonderful, I learned so much from this place.

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The good thing about sykes is the fact that they are always training of they ensure that we have extensive training in every thing that our job entails. I also like the fact when allow us to voice our opinion about things that we like or do not like

Cons

The most important con working at Sykes would have to be the pay.they do not pay us enough

no thank you.

Full of lies

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At first a decent schedule with promises due to experience. Most of the TMs are ok

Cons

AMs who make it known who they like or dislike, horrible pay and benefits and broken promises

You don't have enough time

The opposite of the dream they sell you in the training class.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities but it contradicts with the cons of being at this job. Get hired at your own risk.

Cons

Do not consider this a permanent job. It is not what they make it seem. Lies about easy advancement. They teach you the job but it's still wrong... I can go all day but it's not worth it..

No thank you.