SYKES Reviews

Updated October 28, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 12 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

The opposite of the dream they sell you in the training class.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities but it contradicts with the cons of being at this job. Get hired at your own risk.

Cons

Do not consider this a permanent job. It is not what they make it seem. Lies about easy advancement. They teach you the job but it's still wrong... I can go all day but it's not worth it..

No thank you.

Hectic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

very performance oriented. Lots of employee engagement activities.

Cons

not a lot of local support or opportunities for growth unless you wanted to transfer to other sites.

Easy work but shady coworkers.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money was okay. Starting pay was 9.00. You were guaranteed 40 hours so that was a plus. The job itself wasn't hard. Avoiding the drama with newsy coworkers was more of the goal of the day. But overall my personal experience was okay.the training period was fun also.

Cons

Too much workplace drama especially with the younger aged coworkers who were really immature. Long shifts.

Provide more training on workplace etiquette. Develop more realistic schedules.

Exciting experience while enriching the lives and experiences of clients.

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Agent in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

friendly staff, room for advancement, competitive salary plus commission, healthy competitive environment, etc

Cons

this is for someone desiring to pursue a business career; not for someone with design career in mind.

thank you for the opportunity and all the assistance that was offered and aide that was extended.

Don't ever work here! EVER!!

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's better than working minimum wage and it's a sit down job.

Cons

The company cares more about numbers and than it's employees!! You get punished for being out of work even though you have a legitimate reason. Too much stress for the pay. Management sucks! You have to work in any weather situation...i.e. had to come to work in a snow storm "because the client need us". So we have to risk our lives for the client's needs. I've never worked in a more horrible call center.

Care about the employees more!! We have lives too!!

Sucks !!

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Sit down
    Down Time
    In the mall

Cons

Low pay
    Harrassment
    No help
    One pay raise

Awesome...Training is awesome and so is staff

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Training is awesome and so is staff

Cons

i don't have anything bad too say

Lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Operations Management Desk Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Management Desk Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Moving up is pretty easy
    -More professional than other call centers

Cons

- It's a call center
    - Pay isn't the best

Love hate relationship

I worked at SYKES

Pros

You start at $9, you can bonus off sales for TV, Internet & Home Phone and now if you add a line of service and if your surveys are good. They give an example of an extra $1,600+ in bonuses every month. If you want to move up they will do all they can to get you there. They have an "exchange" for employees in need where there is food and clothing and much more for those who need it all for free. The site director is extremely friendly and they all have an open door policy. It's mandatory full time with optional over time. You get an hour lunch and tons of schedules to choose from. They will also work with those in the army or in school.

Cons

The bonus off of sales sounds great but it is EXTREMELY hard. Some customers get mad, sometimes there is absolutely no way to offer to customers. And if you don't offer you get wrote up. They are more concerned about making sales then they are of their actual customers having their issues fixed. They cut the highest bonus that was over $300 down to $75 and below that used to be over $200 and now it's $55 and the lowest bonus for WTR (willingness to recommend AT&T) is down to $45 from over $100. So they cut that back a lot. It's a call center. It will literally make you hate your life. You just have to weigh the bad and good, it sounds amazing when you start and you are like Why would any one ever leave?!? This place is amazing!! Then 6+ months down the lone you are like, How do I escape?

Stop pushing so hard on making sales that it makes your employees want to quit. There is more to our customers than selling them things. I would definitely say look into changing the way your TMs bonus so that it's better for the employees and management. I absolutely loved my job until you threatened me about sales.

Unorganized and Stressful

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Was great in beginning Felt welcome Seem like the perfect job I thought why wouldn't anybody want to work here. Mentioned bonuses and overtime but only if your scores are goal. They give away a lot of prizes for incentives.

Cons

For a while was unable to get my pay stub at first it was only for certain reasons you could get. Still unable to access of my own accord. Managers act funny when your doing well they love you when your not its like you don't exist. Managers have no respect for employees they fuss people out on the regular.Dont follow procedures only when convenient to them. They act differently when the client is there. Supposedly its a paperless environment but force paper at your desk. Communication is so far off. Different rules for different people. They judge your performance off of what you cant control.

Show respect Don't yell or sabotage your employees