SYKES

Updated November 15, 2014
2.2

SYKES President, CEO, and Director Chuck Sykes
Chuck Sykes

Pros
  • Sykes work from home cares for it's Employee's a great deal in many ways (in 27 reviews)

• This company creates a work environment where you want to do your best and then some for the team and the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a fairly typical call center: a lot of people have bad attitudes and the supervisors are masochistic (in 12 reviews)

• Company events that focus more on drinking by and with upper management (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive

Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Laid back culture

Cons

Siloed organization with difficulties working across the organization

Break down the walls between organizations/functional areas

Great Company with Great Values

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

SYKES is very involved in the community. They support many events in most of the communities they do business in. They treat employees well.

Cons

I've heard other employees complain about not getting raises in the past but that changed this year.

It appears that the company is working hard to improve employee moral. Keep it up. It doesn't go unnoticed.

Okay

Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours a week.

Cons

Not enough pay for work required.

Ghetto

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

no pros what so ever for working at this company ,this is the worst job I've worked,the pay is bad ,the management is worst

Cons

No proper training,no structure,put it like this my very 1st day of training the person from HR came to talk to the class and while she was talking she was painting her fingernails,she also told us that she was in a fight during her time in training and still got promoted ..wow

interview people who have management experience

OMG STEER CLEAR!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero, oh wait...I do enjoy my fellow trainees, the trainers...and that's it!

Cons

On your initial interview, you will be told different things that are later wrong. There are no new hire packets distributed so everyone gets different info depending on whom you speak to.

They basically hire anyone with a pulse. Start you at slave wages and no raises. You can't hey straight answers on benefits, dress code, etc.

No using your computer to even look at your paycheck stub to print out; you must use the one and only "kiosk" in the break room.

No entrance to see anyone in HR or the site secretary. Oh and if you have questions about HR related issues, good luck. Pour site was told HR comes to the office on a non scheduled basis.

I was told benefits world begin after 30 days, they don't for 60 days. The health insurance offered had no out of pocket maximum so you just keep paying till you die. The plan is SO bad that it doesn't even qualify under the Affordable Care Act!

Unless you enjoy being lied to and making $9.50 an hour, don't even apply.

Hours at this site vary from 11am to 11pm est, and right now are M-F however, because we do Medicare, during October through February, you will be working weekends too!

It's just a Mickey Mouse operation, oh wait, Disney isn't lame!

Get a freaking clue!

In a few words

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were some at the beginning of working there. Incentives for the agents and promise of growth from the beginning of training for a new building.

Cons

Everything is wrong, there are no incentives it's just do it or don't get anything but written up. Follow the rules constantly and the TM'S and RSD'S break them all the time. They sit around and do nothing to help those on the phone.

Get your act together you are running a company with more employees than you actually should be. You can't handle the responsibility of with everyone that works under you but believe you are doing great WRONG. You need to all step up and let everyone know exactly what is going on in that place. Because when little voices say it they get fired

My experience with sykes has been wonderful, I learned so much from this place.

I have been working at SYKES full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The good thing about sykes is the fact that they are always training of they ensure that we have extensive training in every thing that our job entails. I also like the fact when allow us to voice our opinion about things that we like or do not like

Cons

The most important con working at Sykes would have to be the pay.they do not pay us enough

no thank you.

The opposite of the dream they sell you in the training class.

I have been working at SYKES

Pros

Full time and part time opportunities but it contradicts with the cons of being at this job. Get hired at your own risk.

Cons

Do not consider this a permanent job. It is not what they make it seem. Lies about easy advancement. They teach you the job but it's still wrong... I can go all day but it's not worth it..

No thank you.

Hectic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

very performance oriented. Lots of employee engagement activities.

Cons

not a lot of local support or opportunities for growth unless you wanted to transfer to other sites.

Easy work but shady coworkers.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Sumter, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Sumter, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money was okay. Starting pay was 9.00. You were guaranteed 40 hours so that was a plus. The job itself wasn't hard. Avoiding the drama with newsy coworkers was more of the goal of the day. But overall my personal experience was okay.the training period was fun also.

Cons

Too much workplace drama especially with the younger aged coworkers who were really immature. Long shifts.

Provide more training on workplace etiquette. Develop more realistic schedules.