SYNNEX Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai
Kevin M. Murai

Pros
  • You can have a very good work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work with across all functions of the business units (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, no utensils, no food, not even tampons in the women's bathroom (in 7 reviews)

• Micro Management, Favoritism and the "Circle of Trust" (in 5 reviews)

1. Business Development Manager IV

Current Employee - Business Development Representative IV - Carrier Sales in Greenville, SC

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company with great benefits. Lots of love from hardware/software vendors

Cons

Micromanaged lack of direction different departments don't work well together no long term development of employees titles and pay don't coordinate

Advice to Management

need career development plans for employees

2. Plantation Economics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

I worked at SYNNEX (More than a year)

Pros

Company tries to do activities that bring employees together Company does a good bit of charity work in the community

Cons

Micro managed to death, no one trusts anyone from the top down For my specific department it was apparent race played a role in upward movement. I saw two different African American friends of mine applied for positions they were highly qualified for be passed over for folks with no experience No pay raises despite exceeding goals 100+%

Advice to Management

Never fire your top sales person. I was accounting for 60% of the revenue of my department and was let go for interviewing with an outside company on my paid time off in an industry that did not compete whatsoever with my current employer. Insane.

3. Legal

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Pros

Benefits and daily employee incentives by the company, not mgmt.

Cons

SYNNEX is full of office bullies. If you are not a "brown noser" than this is not a place you will be happy working. I had a lady whom made it her daily mission to make my time there difficult. I did everything in my power to be accepted by her, even spent $40 on a b'day gift for her. (If you are hated by someone you don't buy expensive birthday gifts, but I wanted so much for her to treat me the way she did the other girl). There was a chart of responsibilities handed out by upper level mgmt. I had to beg for my work on a daily basis. It was so bad I kept record (emails) of every time I asked for my work from her. She would give my work to another employee she liked better. It got so bad that I was doing another dept work because she wouldn't hand the material I was responsible for over to me. One day I approached her in a professional manner about the issue, and she turned childish. She ran to management, who was aware of the situation and said several times they would handle it, and whined. This lady disappeared from her desk for over an hour. Our superior came out and went looking for her. Couple of hours later I was told that whatever he had previously said regarding fixing the obvious favoritism situation was now going to be handled by everyone sharing the work. Might I add that I never did the other employees work, she only was given mine. Also, the responsibilities was handed down by headquarters in Freemont, CA, and should not have been changed. Needless to say, if you aren't "in" with the brown nosing.... Chances are they will fire you for missing a couple of days! Days that were covered by sick time, even had sick days left over and vacation time they had to pay me for....explain that one! The woman who didn't like me, had me pushed out the door 2 weeks after I confronted the situation. Might I add that it was the Legal dept., the same position they are hiring for now. Be careful. The benefits are nice, but the office bullying isn't worth it!! Oh yeah, the said reason I was let go was because I was late, another thing...the boss and I had agreed I could come in at 9 instead of 8:30 because I NEVER used an hour for lunch. So, I was instructed to take a mandatory 30min lunch break, and I could work from 9 to 5:30... Go figure. Guess anything is possible in a "right to hire/right to fire" state.

Advice to Management

Quit letting your "favorites" do the managing you are getting paid to do.

5. Marketing Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time

Pros

Good pay, great coworkers, good work life balance

Cons

Heavy workload, lots of pressure to hit monthly revenue numbers

6. SYNNEX

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at SYNNEX (More than a year)

Pros

People are easy to work with.. constantly expanding

Cons

company is very cheap overall..

7. Stable company

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time

Pros

Strong stable company. Low turnover. Through the ups and downs, Synnex continues to perform strong. I have confidence that they will continue to remains strong player in the IT space.

Cons

Not much room to grow. There are lots of opportunities within the company, but most seem lateral.

Advice to Management

None. Continue to recognize your strong employees and promote internally.

8. Some room for advancement

Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some room for advancement and many different options for career paths. Company offers positions in customer service, marketing, sales, business development and product management.

Cons

Executive team has their favorites and tend to promote those individuals before others that have produced better results and have been with the company a longer period of time.

Advice to Management

Take care of your tenured employees.

9. Inside Sales Rep

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I worked at SYNNEX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent package. Insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement, etc. were wonderful. Very clean work environment. The pay and benefits are the biggest pro to the company.

Cons

Aggressive sales style. Even on vacation days was contacted multiple times per day by management. The company believes that you should eat, sleep and breathe for the job and the job will consume you for 5 days per week. The company uses employee turn-over and training expenses as a means to remain a profitable business and cut the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Setting the employees up to succeed instead of fail would be a wonderful change. Also, understanding that the employees have a life outside of the company would increase worker satisfaction.

10. Good place to start and move on from.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Greenville, SC

I have been working at SYNNEX full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, and a starting salary for sales reps in the $35k range

Cons

Little room for advancement and hostile management. Very much a good old boys club once you get to manager/director level.

Advice to Management

Its doubtful that management can or will make changes to improve corporate culture at this point.

11. No growth but perks are nice, good first sales job

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fremont, CA

Pros

Perks, bonus, commission, limitless cap

Cons

Management, revolving door, stress, micromanaging

Advice to Management

Lay off your employees some when they perform

RSS Feed </> Embed