SYNNEX

Be The First To
Add Photos

SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai

Kevin M. Murai

Pros
  • People seemed to have a good work/life balance and senior staff is very accessible (in 6 reviews)

• Synnex has good people, good benefits and good financial strength (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for the amount of work and revenue brought in to the company (in 6 reviews)

• Minimal room for advancement and growth (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Stable company

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsDepending on your manager you might have a fantastic experience; company is extremely stable; stock is through the roof; people are extremely loyal for the IT industry; fun sales environment; nice amount of young people

ConsPromote from within meaning management has been there forever and most don't even have college degrees; very against working from home compared to other companies making it difficult to live anywhere there's not an office; most everyone is in a cubicle which can be difficult to adjust to

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate your management style and try to emulate IT companies that are popular today

My Opinion

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsLove the industry (IT)!
    Enjoy product management; SYNNEX is a very stable company!

ConsLooking for flexible work hours; Shouldn't be confined to a desk in an office every day.

Job Satisfaction.

Product Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsWork culture is good. Staff members are of helping nature.

ConsLack of coordination. Communication gap on prodution lines.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many professionals among staff members.Involve them to achieve optimum results.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, solid internships available

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people/culture, challenging internships with decent pay. Would recommend to a friend. People seemed to have a good work/life balance and senior staff is very accessible.

ConsWas disappointed with opportunities within the company available post internship. They like hiring high performing interns which is a plus however I felt the money wasn't competitive enough especially at a big company like Synnex.

Three plus years working at the company

Prosstable company and employee has very good job security. overall the benefit is okay

Consno room for advancement. don't expect to gain much knowledge from your supervisor.

Beware - Also known as Concentrix - ALL BAD

ProsPaycheck til u get fired without any notice

ConsMost people only there for a job because can't get one elsewhere, so no promotions unless you happen to be friends (suck up to) your manager, which also means:
    CRAPPY PAY
    Lousy benefits and low or no company morale

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue running this like it is your own little kingdom and watch all good employees leave

Would Not Recommend

Human Resources (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThe HR team was great to work with and the people were friendly.

ConsPay was stingy and there is no company culture. While I was employed there was only one company picnic in the parking lot of the corporate office with make-shift games made by the admin staff. It was pretty sad. Unless you're in sales there are no perks. Sales employees got to go to sporting and concert events in luxury boxes at SAP center and often had catered lunches provided by partners and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a company culture where employees are valued and appreciated.

Quality Control

ProsTake it as a stepping stone.

ConsToo cheap, low pay, no growth

Lesson Learned - Poor Pay - Poor Leadership - Poor Mgt - Cheap - Poor Morale

ALL Jobs (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsHard working employees (too hard)

ConsHR protects the top leadership and not the employees
    Senior HR will allow Mgt. to Over work employees, mistreat employees, demean people and talk to you and look at you like you are crazy and dismiss you before having a conversation.
    Unorganized
    Leadership NEEDS soft skills
    Low morale environment
    New ideas are not allowed
    If your not kissing up you will not be rewarded
    Processes for promotion/profit sharing not adhered to and only given to senior mgt "Friends circle"
    Holidays are not respected
    Not only are employees squeezed to perform as 3-4 people but there are no true perks other than vacation time off.
    No appreciation or value shown for hard work
    No training
    No support by mgt
    High turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you reviewed the other SYNNEX and Concentrix reviews you would see the same problem persists!
    Re-evaluate your leaders, give them soft skills, share the wealth by investing in true talent, don't dismiss those who are energetic, hungry and willing to improve your processes and make a positive difference. Give raises and performance reviews to all. Don't discriminate and mistreat these educated and hard working people.
    NOTE: Sales may bring in revenue but they are not the only employees who drive value and should not be the only ones rewarded... Get it together, these two companies are a mess internally! Eventually the companies will fail because of the mis. management. The culture needs a HUGE makeover or needs one period.

Interesting because it is my first time to experience in a manufacturing company.

Estimator (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPerhaps I may find this another challenging and interesting job whereby I may use my technical knowledge and supervision experience besides offering a better salary than my present one.

ConsI think I need to prove my diligence and my willingness to learn further.

Advice to Senior ManagementI just hope that the management always would be fair and reasonable in dealing with the employees.

Worked for SYNNEX? Contribute to the Community!