SYNNEX

Be The First To
Add Photos

SYNNEX President, CEO, and Director Kevin M. Murai

Kevin M. Murai

Pros
  • People seemed to have a good work/life balance and senior staff is very accessible (in 6 reviews)

• Synnex has good people, good benefits and good financial strength (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for the amount of work and revenue brought in to the company (in 6 reviews)

• Minimal room for advancement and growth (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Not for professional people looking for a career based on merit.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFortune 500 company, 3rd largest 2 tiered distributor of IT hardware/software

Conspoor hiring practices for sales and marketing. way too much elbow rubbing and inappropriate unprofessional behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive up trying to find the lowest common denominator for labor cost.

Interesting place to work for

Inventory (Current Employee) La Vergne, TN

ProsThe benefits are very good.

ConsThe pay is not very good.

Advice to Senior Managementpay your employee's what they're worth

Great place to work

Senior Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Prosmanagement, culture and people are very nice. nice campus

ConsPay should be higher. Not enough pay.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is doing a good job.-need to increase salary soon.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No career achievement

Marketing (Current Employee)

ProsStable job,
    1.5%-2% pay increase every year.

ConsPay below standard,
    Lots trivia tasks,
    No career achievement

Synnex

Accounting Manager (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsStable company, consistently profitable and growing, decent work life balance

ConsCulture, politics, absence of delegation of authority, no good benefits

Worst job I ever had in my life. Terrible management and awful environment.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Carson, CA

ProsMade a couple of good business contacts there. That's the only good thing I could say about that job.

ConsUnderpaid, unattainable revenue goals, incompetent management and poor training program. There isn't enough space in this section to cover all the cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all of upper management at your New Age Electronics office in Carson. I'm surprised you don't have more lawsuits because of the way they run things there. I would've filed a lawsuit if I had the money and the time to do so. I feel like I'm doing you a favor, that you don't deserve, for submitting this feedback. New Age Electronics is horrible!!!!

Company review

Project Manager (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsCompany pays well, hours are not too bad, bosses are good to work with (they give you the freedom). Culture is relaxed and people are smart.

ConsGrowth opportunities are not too good. Promotions don't happen very often (average once in 2 years).

Advice to Senior Management- Focus on retaining the talent.

Long hours, inconsistent quotas, low pay. Great for entry level experience into IT.....

VAR West Sales Representative (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsStability
    Great entry into IT sales
    Sales trips and spiffs

ConsHeavy Micromanagement
    Unachievable quotas - And I was there for years but as you progress the goals get to level that are unattainable unless everyone's business is growing at 20% levels month over month.
    Heavy Metrics - Call volume, emails, sales quotas.
    Low pay - The base pay is extremely on the low side and the commisions and bonus are not consistent with the size of deals and levels or work done to close them.
    Long Hours - Consistently working 9-10hrs daily.
    No Career development - There is no clear career path here. You will need to get promoted by building strong internal relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your sales representatives with training and promote from within for top performers. At a certain point motivation to achieve such high sales quotas is not enough to keep the team performing at a high level. Develop your managers and directors, give them the tools to manage as they do not seem to be well equipped to handle the task at hand.

Twice the work for half the pay, other than that, a great fun company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsSolid strong company to work for in terms of company health/longevity. Many free lunches, snacks, and after-work events.

ConsDon't expect any help from anyone. If you can't handle twice the work for half the pay, "there's the door!". Benefits used to be great, but recently went downhill.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay loyal hard-working employees what they should be getting (i.e. market average). Hire more support for overstressed non-sales/marketing teams.

extremely low pay with high turnover

Product Manager (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

Prosyou could work there your entire career and make decent money after years. In sales lots of trips/prizes (you get taxed on)

Conslow pay, long hours, no work/life balance. Long time before career opps open up

Worked for SYNNEX? Contribute to the Community!