SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bruce V. Luong

this was a great company to work with

Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Horseheads, NY

Prosthe knowledge of consumers and personal was so great and helpful

ConsThere was to many want to be Boss's

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly 1 person should be in charge over a delivery driver Other than that I loved my Job

Not many good things come from Sysco

Supervisor (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThe Vision plan was awesome!

ConsManagement lies to you. They'll do anything to hit their bonus...even break the law.
    If you're a salaried employee and you work a holiday, don't expect to get a comp day.
    They don't care about Work/Life Balance. If you finish 11 hours of work in 8 hours, they'll give you more until you're actually working for 11 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe appreciative! If you see someone working their tail off to finish a project, try saying "Thank You", or "Great Job"....instead of "What took you so long?"

Recognize the fact that if you don't know how to do your subordinates' jobs, you'll be in trouble if they leave or you lay them off.

I experienced very unprofessional communication and LOTS of issues among the management.

Driver (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsGood pay. Depending on the boss you gotta sell your soul first, though.

ConsNever, never experienced such neglect of a worker. Had many moments when I wondered how a supposedly great company (image ...) could prosper with ethics in the trash bin at best. And the union sure helps explaining a deal about that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow thyself. If we follow lowly instincts we are lower than an animal, for they follow natural instincts. Get to know thyself.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sometime rewarding but often frustrating

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsDistrict Members
    Customers
    Industry
    Flexibility
    Not being tied to a desk

ConsOperations
    Salary
    Other then that not much else

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a flat 10% commission on every sale

MA at Sysco SF, positive experience

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you meet and/ or exceed the [reasonable] expectations set for a Marketing Associate (sales rep), you will be well rewarded for your work, via your pay, bonuses, level of freedom and trust, and there are even trips that you can win throughout the year as a reward! You can also make build great relationships with customers in all types of operations, from fast food to fine dining, hotels to schools, etc.

ConsFoodservice distribution is competetive anywhere, especially in the Bay Area and the city of San Francisco. Also, keeping customers happy if thers an issue (i.e. late truck) is time sensitive and can be stressful, but there is stress in any good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is always improving, and I'd say the more the better, since Sysco's Sales team is out in the field and not in an office where it's easier to stay in the loop.

Marketing Associate

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI've had a very positive experience

ConsLots of competition in the market

Advice to Senior ManagementEverydbody has a life utside of SYSCO and they need to remember that.

company doesn't care about it's empoyees, only stock price

Marketing Associate (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

Prosset your own hours, free tampons

Consjust watch the news, this company makes their employees break health codes then fires the President when it hits the news.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees and treat them well and they will sell more which will make your stock go up.

extreme favoritism

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

Proswork slightly to your own schedule

Consthe favoritism by district managers is extreme and this controls your salary

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers that have the best interest of the company and their employees in their work patterns instead of their own anti female agenda.

underpaid

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)

Proslots of time to do your own thing

Consno pay, always getting yelled at from the company and customers

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest, know what you expect before you bring on new programs, make sure you can tell the employee how they are getting paid

Worked for SYSCO Food Services of San Francisco? Contribute to the Community!