SYSCO Intermountain Food Services

Updated Apr 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas M. Kesteloot

The job is different than my graduating class were told it would be.

Marketing Associate (Current Employee) West Jordan, UT

ProsGreat health benefits and some great people to work with. I've learned a lot.

ConsNo work life balance. This is a 24/7 job. Quite a few cutthroat sales people. It's very stressful and tough business to be in. They are going through a lot of transitions right now.

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) South Salt Lake, UT

ProsGood initial training and overall a good job if you enjoy working a ton.

ConsFlagrant abuse of of pay scale, salary, bonus, etc. The company has lost sight of customer service and the staff it requires to service said customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics and stop trying to recreate the wheel...

Great Benefits however you will only advance if you know the right people prior to starting

Marketing Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits for my family and great flexibility when you are a sales associate.

ConsToo much nepotism involved. Many in the company are related in some way to the C.E.O. and he influences who advances and who stays and who goes. His family has great job security afforded to them no matter what they do. I respect how he got to his position, but those in his family he protects and creates new positions for when they fail at a current position are definitely irritating.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to and support your actual talent and recognize when others must be let go, regardless of their ties or how they got their job.

Worked for SYSCO Intermountain Food Services? Contribute to the Community!