Sa Sa International

Updated November 7, 2014
Updated November 7, 2014
1.1

Simon S. M. Kwok

Assistant buyer position in purchasing department

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at Sa Sa International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good benefit like medical claim, annual leave, annual dinner and staff purchase.

Cons

Bad management and a lot of turn over staff each month. My purchasing department out of 20 people, less than 5 got experience more than 3 years in this company. Warehouse manager is a very difficult person and need to liaise closely with warehouse every time. They prefer to hire Chinese.

Improve the management to make people stay

Dishonest with no morality

Former Employee - Shop Operator in Chai Wan (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Shop Operator in Chai Wan (Hong Kong)

I worked at Sa Sa International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Medical benefit and bonus are gimmick only, you cannot get the full benefit unless you are promoted to management level which will never happen because you are not part of Simon's kowk family.

Cons

I used to work as a shop operator in one of the stores in Hong Kong and it was a nightmare.....

Lots of gossibing and stab-backing but it is not the worst, the worst is your supervisor will force you to buy the expired or soon to be expired products every month out of your own money, if you dont submit to the supervisor's unreasonable order, you will be gone the next day......

I have seen with my own eyes some of the shop supervisors use immoral way to redact the expiry date of the soon to be expired products / expired products. I have also seen supervisors giving away expired products as gift or using them as testors.*** All this immoral act has been reported in the next magazine no. 1247****

Final word of advice, always be ready that you will be gone the next minute, so make sure you get the leave pay you deserve, dont let them force you out empty-handed.

unfairness, injustice, corruption will eventually bring you down.

Respect your staff as human beings not number.

Unethical,treat staff like sh*t

Current Employee - Corporate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Sa Sa International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance but no more. Done a good job in advertising itself as a good employer but no truth in that

Cons

To all those who consider joining this unethical,inhumane company,please disregard all the rewards this company received for treating its staff,because all these rewards were bought with money only.the real truth is this company only concerns with recruiting new staff but once you joined,this company will show little respect for its employees (although it always advertises that employees are this companys biggest asset).one good example is that the company FIRES ITS EMPLOYEES OR FORCE ITS EMPLOYEES TO RESIGN FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Not only that they force you to resign but they also use unethical practice to make you leave without any compensation (which you are entitled to receive under the law.).

Turnover rate very high there and management is very poor as almost the entire management is comprised of kwok family members.

If you want your hard work to be recognized and do not want to be treated like some sort of disposable waste, please dont join this unethical company.

Stop your unethical practice to your employees and your customers.

Your employees are no slaves to you that you can fire anytime you like WITHOUT A REASON. And if you must fire them for no reason at all,at least you should compensate them for 1 to 3 months salary instead of forcing them to resign with immediate effect without any compensation.

Please respect your staff.

U could be FIRED suddently without last chance to say goodbye

Former Employee - Manager in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

I worked at Sa Sa International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance with acceptable staff benefits (but only limited to senior staff, if ur junior, u dont get these).

You will have lots of chance to learn how to gossib and back-stab

Cons

I worked as a manager in this company and help it rents and manage shops but I was very very unhappy here for reasons you can see below.....

A. I were always asked to lie to landlords so that Sa Sa may rent offices but use them as warehouses which is illegal.

B. I were alo asked to store excessive explosive materials eg. perfumes in warehouse. This is dangerous.

C. I were asked to put unauthorised signs on building walls and it danger pedestrians.

D. When landlords asked Sa Sa to remove unauthorised signs, we deliberately delay work for long long time and use many many excuses.

Therefore I left but ++++BEWARE: THEY MAY CALL YOUR FUTURE EMPLOYERS TO RUIN YOUR OPPORTUNITIES IN NEW JOB ++++

Complete lack of leadership.

Management does not have any sense of responsibility at all for its staff's future.

VERY HIGH TURNOVER RATE AND MOST STAFF ARE DEPRESSED HERE, but management does not care at all

Unscrupulous company, underpaid its staff, high turn over

Former Employee - Manager in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

I worked at Sa Sa International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a job which you dont have to put in much effort and motivation, this is a place for you as most employees there started out to be highly motivated with hopes but with time they will learn that Sa Sa does not deserve your hardwork and motivation as management considers its employees with little value and they dismiss good, hardworking people for no reason.

Cons

First, Sa Sa seriously underpays its staff (i think management thinks its reputation compensates low salary)

Second, Sa Sa has good corporate governance but it exists on paper only (and management knows that too)

Third, management lacks talent, insignt and most of all respect to its employees. To them, all employees are expendable (management made up of CEO's entire family and you can guess why such lack of talent)

Forth, be prepared for alot of gossiping and politices and dont expect your true hardwork and talent to be appreciated.

WORST OF ALL, BE PREPARED TO BE DISMISSED ANYTIME. I have seen for myself (and you can see these cases online too) that good hardworking people are dismissed suddently. Dont expect HR to interfere fairly into the matter because more often than not, HR teams up with department head and management to get rid of people.

I suppose there are lots of cases where staff are dismissed unjustly. Why not all of them make a joint report to the labour department and expose the hypocrisy of this company.

Honesty is the policy. You cant hide what you have done to your employees for long. Learn to appreciate their hardwork. Its no use spending all your effort recruiting people but treating your present staff members badly.

Former boss used false product label & get fired

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Taichung (Taiwan)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Taichung (Taiwan)

I worked at Sa Sa International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sometimes you get off on time & look ok on CV

Cons

In order to make profit for Sa Sa Int', my former supervisor used false product labeling so that products will enter into Taiwan market, if he did not use false ingredient label to fool government, product will never enter Taiwan. I think management knows because it is a big decision to make and my former supervisor would not risk breaking the law.

But when government knew what he had done and get caught, Sa Sa management fired him and claimed they did not know. My former boss was make scapegoat.

Now I also left and I am very glad that people recommend me to use Glassdoor to warn others what Sa Sa has done.

I regret joining Sa Sa so much, it has very dark policies

Very bad management and corporate governance

Many people do not stay for more than a year