Saama Technologies

Updated August 14, 2014

3.5

Saama Technologies Chairman and CEO Suresh Katta
Suresh Katta

Pros
  • We see ourselves considered as a pure play Data and Analytics company and recognized by Gartner (in 8 reviews)

• Good work life balance in most of the projects (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is difficult when you are on the road managing an important project (in 3 reviews)

• More global presence required, lot of effort is being put in this area (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Cutting Edge BI/Big Data Firm

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Campbell, CA

Pros

Company is on the leading edge of building and implementing BI applications/solutions. They have innovative and new ideas about how to take their client's business and move it forward in revenue and market share. You get to work with some of the best in the business. The executive team is sharp and focused.

You get 3 weeks vacation with one week downtime at Christmas. The HR department could use a more structured training program for junior consultants. Saama does hire a lot of new college graduates, and they come in smart and hungry and willing to learn. Some are superstars that are immediately successful; some struggle and they need more coaching and support.

Overall, if you have good skills in BI, your career will take off. The company is hiring a lot of new Big Data talent and I can see new projects rolling in.

Cons

The work environment is intense. You have to be willing to work hard and play hard. You also have to fly to new work sites and perform under pressure. If you don't like a fast paced environment that really challenges you, then you should proceed with caution. The work life balance is difficult when you are on the road managing an important project. You have to be dedicated to do what it takes and that can be difficult for your family.

The Company is growing fast. Please make sure that the business processes change and evolve to support that growth. The smart people all work on hot projects for clients and, as a result, there is an underinvestment in company infrastructure. A dedicated Presales practice would be a nice career path that doesn't exist today.

Senior Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Jose, CA

Pros

Lot of learning opportunity. Healthy environment

Cons

Higher management is partial and promotions are biased. Salary hike for old employees is poor.

Salary hike is very poor.

Growing Fast, great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Pros

Fast growing, innovative company, working with the best and newest technology.

Cons

None that I can think of. Everything is working well.
    None that I can think of. Everything is working well.

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Data & Analytics Company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Campbell, CA

Pros

Awesome People to work with, Great vision by Leadership, Commited & Driven HR, Culture of Mutual trust & respect, Innovation is always encouraged.
    I started my career here & it has been wonderful journey so far. I was able to work on may exciting Data & Analytics Projects in various domains from Hi-Tech to Life Science. Company really focuses in learning & development a lot. Company benefits such as 401k, Health Benefits, Stock Options have been really good. Immigration Processing is best of the breed. I think they must be having 100% success ratio as I hear the same from my colleagues. I received my Green card in 5 years. PERM filing here takes only 4-6 months v/s other big companies taking 2-3 years due to layoffs & other process delays. Extremely generous bench policies. I was on bench for 5 months. Unlike other consulting, I was never afraid of loosing salary. Rather I was provided many trainings & not only that, I even received an award for my work on internal project during bench.

Cons

Can't think of anything major. Only thing I can suggest is potential being enormous, corporate business growth must be fueled with highest speed possible.

Keep up the good work

Sr. Business Analyst

Pros

Great culture, friendly work environment, opportunity to learn, focus on solving problems, areas of specialization, data and analytics focus

Cons

None that I can really think of as specific cons to this organization. As a smaller organization, there can be some standard issues in terms of processes etc, but those are handled quickly by support organization.

Keep moving forward and taking chances as I saw during my tenure

Good BI Company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Campbell, CA

Pros

Challenging work, career growth, good managers, nice co-workers, great BI company to work, good salaries and great benefits.

Nothing much.

BI Expert Company

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Campbell, CA

Pros

Anything you name in the roam of BI, Saama will have solutions for you. Very knowledgeable consultants, great management, good salaries, and great benefits. Great Training opportunities as well.

Cons

Not as big compared to other big consulting names out there, but working towards it.

Have more closer relationship with subordinates, get to know their professional needs and help achieve their career goals.

Good Company to work. Salaries needs to match market standards

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Campbell, CA

Pros

Good company. You will get good opportunities in BI space

Cons

Management/Managers needs to act fair.

Try to expand to other areas in US. Salaries needs to match to market standards.

Sr Data Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Consultant (Senior Data Analyst)  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant (Senior Data Analyst) in San Jose, CA

Pros

a) Open Culture and even CEO or General Managers would make themselves available for quick chat/call at any time. They are just one phone call away.

b) Very effective on-site and Off-shore model and proven track record of executing large projects in this model (clients: SPSS, Business Objects (France) , Genentech etc.)

c) Fast faced, Technology Centric (Pure play Data and Analytic's company and recognized by Gartner) and very focused and it has been the first company to execute projects in emerging and next generation technologies all the time whether it was Business Objects (1997-98) or Hadoop or tools/technologies in Data and Analytic's space. They have good strategic planning, Very much aligned to changes happening in the Technology Industry.

d) Would get an opportunity and exposure to work with different verticals/domains.

Cons

Because most of the projects being executed independently at clients side, there is less transparency to the consultants other than current projects and immediate managers.

a) Need more presence across the USA

b) As there is gap due to consulting way of executing projects independently, Management has to take additional steps to fill this gap as part of employee career growth.

Most happening place for Data & Analytics

Current Employee - Engagement Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Saama has come a long way from when it started. When i look back and see, i find that Saama leadership team has always taken it to the next level.
    We see ourselves considered as a pure play Data and Analytics company and recognized by Gartner.
    We still do services but with the knowledge gained all this years we have built Solutions around it.
    We go to a client to talk about the problem they have and not to sell number of heads. We love to differentiate ourselves from lot of other companies around.
    The way we are evolving, i see even our processes are evolving in all areas.

Cons

I don't say there are no Cons but with the Open Culture that Saama has adopted, we have the opportunity to go and express our concerns and even present & discuss a solution we have for the problem to the highest level.

Worked for Saama Technologies? Contribute to the Community!