Saama Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Saama Technologies Chairman and CEO Suresh Katta

Suresh Katta

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance in most of the projects"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Overall good for BI & Analytic career"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "More global presence required, lot of effort is being put in this area"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Small company can be counted in "cons" if market is not favourable"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place to Work

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood group of people to work with. Smart, engaged, collaborative, involved and open to new ideas.

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good BI Company

Campbell, CA

ProsChallenging work, career growth, good managers, nice co-workers, great BI company to work, good salaries and great benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much.

BI Expert Company

Campbell, CA

ProsAnything you name in the roam of BI, Saama will have solutions for you. Very knowledgeable consultants, great management, good salaries, and great benefits. Great Training opportunities as well.

ConsNot as big compared to other big consulting names out there, but working towards it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more closer relationship with subordinates, get to know their professional needs and help achieve their career goals.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work. Salaries needs to match market standards

ProsGood company. You will get good opportunities in BI space

ConsManagement/Managers needs to act fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to expand to other areas in US. Salaries needs to match to market standards.

Sr Data Analyst

Senior Consultant (Senior Data Analyst) (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

Prosa) Open Culture and even CEO or General Managers would make themselves available for quick chat/call at any time. They are just one phone call away.

b) Very effective on-site and Off-shore model and proven track record of executing large projects in this model (clients: SPSS, Business Objects (France) , Genentech etc.)

c) Fast faced, Technology Centric (Pure play Data and Analytic's company and recognized by Gartner) and very focused and it has been the first company to execute projects in emerging and next generation technologies all the time whether it was Business Objects (1997-98) or Hadoop or tools/technologies in Data and Analytic's space. They have good strategic planning, Very much aligned to changes happening in the Technology Industry.

d) Would get an opportunity and exposure to work with different verticals/domains.

ConsBecause most of the projects being executed independently at clients side, there is less transparency to the consultants other than current projects and immediate managers.

Advice to Senior Managementa) Need more presence across the USA

b) As there is gap due to consulting way of executing projects independently, Management has to take additional steps to fill this gap as part of employee career growth.

Most happening place for Data & Analytics

Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsSaama has come a long way from when it started. When i look back and see, i find that Saama leadership team has always taken it to the next level.
    We see ourselves considered as a pure play Data and Analytics company and recognized by Gartner.
    We still do services but with the knowledge gained all this years we have built Solutions around it.
    We go to a client to talk about the problem they have and not to sell number of heads. We love to differentiate ourselves from lot of other companies around.
    The way we are evolving, i see even our processes are evolving in all areas.

ConsI don't say there are no Cons but with the Open Culture that Saama has adopted, we have the opportunity to go and express our concerns and even present & discuss a solution we have for the problem to the highest level.

Culturally backward, demoralizing, and "full" of promises

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsNo positive feedback for this company other than that the area of technology specialization, business intelligence, data management, data analytics is a good strategy.

ConsCulturally backward. Very Indian and non-US oriented. Handicapped by hierarchy in bully organization and politics. Incompetence in management at all levels (not everyone is incompetent, some are competent)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop misleading employees with false promises. Equity in the company seems meaningless since IPO is not feasible and acquisition will only benefit the primary shareholders. Be clear about being a US company and not an Indian company with office in US. This has to be true for both external perspective of company and internally. Read the book "What got you here won't get your there".

Good company to Work!

BI Consultant (Current Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsPure-play data science solutions and services company, focused on solving the data management and advanced analytics challenges of the world’s leading brands.

ConsNo cons about this company..

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Not for Project Management Professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent Salary and Good benefits.

ConsOpportunities for what you want to do may be a problem depending on your skill set especially above Senior Developer position. This company is not mature enough to execute a complex onsite/offshore managed project and produce quality delivery. They struggle to get there and even after all the struggle the quality of the deliverables may not be up to the mark.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on hiring quality people at offshore as well as onsite. Also half the new college grad hires don't seem to be a good fit yet.

Good Company for Starters, Management is not transparent.

Senior Consultant Programmer (Former Employee)
    Campbell, CA

ProsThis is a good company for starters to learn new technologies and start there career,

ConsManagement as no clear road map a there is no transparency, career growth is slow.

Worked for Saama Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saama Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saama Technologies CEO Suresh Katta. All 71 reviews posted anonymously by Saama Technologies employees.