Saama Technologies Reviews

Reset
3.4
Saama Technologies Chairman and CEO Suresh Katta
Suresh Katta

Pros
  • We see ourselves considered as a pure play Data and Analytics company and recognized by Gartner (in 10 reviews)

• Work life balance, come & go specially for senior & old timers (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance is difficult when you are on the road managing an important project (in 3 reviews)

• It is a Small company with a good vision (in 4 reviews)

1. Lots of great projects, amazing training opportunities

Current Employee - Business Consultant/Engagement Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant/Engagement Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and impactful high-tech consulting and technical work across multiple industries and geographies, great opportunities for self-starters and people who want to develop & grow their technical and soft skills.

Cons

Compensation levels are fair but not super-high. Promotion is the way to get substantial raises.

2. The excitement is perceptible!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies

Pros

This is a company on the move. If you have a passion to do great work, have innovative ideas and want to make strides in your career, Saama has plenty of opportunities for you to do it. I love the fact that this is a mid sized company with a small company feel. There is no overload of bureaucracy and you can largely make an impression with your ability to communicate and execute good sense, logical and well thought out ideas. With the additional influx of funding this year, the final constraint to growth is behind us and it is now all about execution.

Cons

As with any growing company, there are growing pains with process maturity. Big strides in the recent past, but with the pace of growth just picking up dramatically and the global operating model, there continue to be some pains in this area. People mean well, but sometimes getting things done can take a couple of tries.

Advice to Management

Keep your ears open to what your employees are saying. Don't assume that your mental model that worked in the past is continuing to be applicable to the company and employees you have today.

3. Good Place to Start Out

Current Employee - Consultant in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came here for my first job out of college and so far it has been a positive experience. -Everyone I have worked with has been very friendly, supportive, and intelligent -Encourage to try out different areas (Data Science, Programming, BI, Big Data...) -Get to go onsite at prestigious companies around the bay area (could be a con if you don't like moving around) -The company is positioned in a growing industry with cutting edge technologies - Good benefits and solid amount of PTO including company shutdown for 2 weeks around Christmas - Full pay when on bench -On bench you are encouraged to help out other consultants with their projects, work on POCs, study relevant technologies / do trainings which all help your skills grow - If you are on bench you may be able to negotiate taking un-paid time of if you want to do extra travelling -Good snacks at the main office -Good work life balance so far -Have never felt micro managed

Cons

-The company seems a bit confused/ disorganized on where it wants to go at times -Workload can be light which is frustrating to ambitious people but if you are proactive you should be able to find something constructive to do -Compensation is not spectacular. Expect a little below average for the area -If you really want to get into big data they will probably ask you to go to the Phoenix office (which could be a con for some) -Consulting lends itself to people who like independence. Not good if you want lots of attention and guidance from managers -If you get on a project that deals with offshore, then expect to have conference calls in India time

Advice to Management

Have more confidence in talent and invest in the employees who are ready to take the company to the next level. We need to specialize and create solutions that will be more generic and robust. We can't do that if we take jobs that require quick and dirty work and frequently let go of the most talented employees.

5. Employer who shares and cares

Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Vision and openness to employees is one of the greatest qualities of Saama. CEO and VP of the company are true believers that employees are their strongest foundation and maintain open door policy even today, top managements personal phone numbers are shared with employees. VP has an open calender that anyone in the company can access and see what his schedule is and who he is meeting, this induces a lot of openness and positive vibes with employees. Saama's focus on what is up next is leading the company to success with over 45% YOY growth. Right from the day I got associated with Saama I have seen the Management make wiser decision and has been constantly investing in hiring new visionaries who can take the company to next level. I have seen a lot of process improvements over last few years; everything is improving; people who left are coming back. Huge improvement over the years in HR, Recruitment, Resource Management, Solution's, Customer focus, Marketing/ Branding. I had spoken to few of new comers both contractors and full timers who were hired to my project and into the company. I was amazed to know that getting though Saama's recruitment and selection is getting tougher, the interviews are no longer easy to crack, lot of emphasis on individuals personal and professionals goals and achievements during the interviews, involvement of senior management in interview process. I have also noticed a lot of improvement in L&D, we now constantly see emails from HCM team to sign up for multiple trainings, it’s tough to manage your client project schedule and also attend these trainings but end of the day the company is scheduling these to enhance our career. Company is now gearing up to be a Big Data and Data Science company and also strengthen its Fuild Analytics Engine, we had RMG come to our client site and do trainings for us on Fuild Analytics Engine this was great as we find it hard to take off from client place and attend these trainings. This shows Saama’s commitment to its employee’s career development. I am 100% positive on company’s outlook and future and will now be referring a lot of my contacts; I have started forwarding news flash we get from Marketing teams to my friends to brag about my company. It feels good when you hear your colleagues from other companies at client site praise Saama for its openness in regularly communicating organizational updates with its employees and how their employers do not communicate with them so often.

Cons

Every one has some con's, because you got to list one I would say Global presence is one of the Cons, Saama needs to have presence across the country in US and expand its operations in Europe.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace, focus and vision. We are on the right track to achieve our Vision. Pay improvements compared to competition will get the attrition down and retain talent who come back and work at the same client from a competing company.

Time of Cultural Change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at Saama Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My supervisor was fantastic, but left around the same time I did.

Cons

The company was attempting to change its culture and workplace practices. A new head of HR, VP, CFO, and other executives were hired to support the company through a time of increased hiring volume and cultural change - but the CEO and other department heads were decidedly against the desired changes dictated by the Board of Directors.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees on the ground as nothing more than billable-hour generators. That's how you'll attract and retain quality employees. Recruiting had a tough time selling a company that would work employees half to death just to fill out bonuses for managers.

7. It's fine

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are nice.

Cons

Not many data science jobs.

Advice to Management

Be more connected with the employees. It took a few months for me to meet my manager.

8. Worked almost 1 year at Saama Technologies, great potential and hopefully they reach their goals

Former Employee - Associate Principal
    Former Employee - Associate Principal

I worked at Saama Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear direction on the road map from upper management. Folks want to do the right thing.

Cons

Too dependent on being a services company. Has great potential but needs to develop tools that are extendable and reusable for all of their verticals. I think company based R&D funding can go a long way to push them over the hump.

Advice to Management

Continue the path you are on by making investments in the people and tools.

9. worked as full-time employee - for 4 years

I worked at Saama Technologies

Pros

Good benefits and HR is friendly and always reachable

Cons

Old timers still cripple the company culture with nepotism and politics with little room to grow in career for new comers.

10. Making one person head of hitech

I have been working at Saama Technologies

Pros

Nothing much to talk about.

Cons

Making one person head of hitech - biggest mistake management!! Lot of people will leave Saama soon. Big mistake guys

11. BI Tech Lead

Current Employee - BI Tech Lead in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - BI Tech Lead in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Saama Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Work Culture, awesome CEO to have, great people to work with, always think about Innovation and keep up with the market. An excellent Data Analytics and Big Data Solution Company, this is not a statement but a fact.

Cons

Could do a little better in training and mentoring people.

Advice to Management

Could do better with career planing of employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed