Saatchi & Saatchi

Saatchi & Saatchi Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Saatchi & Saatchi Worldwide CEO Kevin J. Roberts

Kevin J. Roberts

Pros:
  • "Definitely fast paced; a lot is expected, but the perks and the work/life balance more than make up for it"
    in 4 reviews
  • "S&S has a very laid back atmosphere"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Poor upper management in corporate office in Midtown"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Very little new business and lots of money spent on trying to get it"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nice, open minded place. Ideas get approved and sold. Management is hip and open to discussion for pushing ideas.

Art Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Prossummer fridays, the name of the company gets far in non advertising related situations. Working from home is a possibility.

ConsA little bit divided between teams of different clients, they are on a separate floor.

Plenty of work, little to zero leadership from upper management

Producer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsHours are reasonable when not under deadline pressure. You will rarely stay past 6pm and for the most part, can maintain a nice work-life balance. There is ample opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects. Excellent location in Hudson Square - close to the 1 subway and a short walk to West 4th, plenty of places to eat and local parks.

ConsLimited ability for growth. Company is frequently on a "hiring freeze" and they do not give cost of living salary bumps on an annual basis. Upper management really doesn't manage. It's a very dysfunctional office, where communication between creative, account, and production departments is very poor. The policies for maintaining this communication on your teams are even more unclear. First media organization I have worked in during my 15+ professional years when I have not learned something from a more senior employee. The "long timers" here seem to be milking the clock until retirement, instead of blazing a trail for the future. In my five years here, I have not received one performance review. Human resources is non existent. They can't even figure out how to pay freelance employees and the only time you see them is when they are laying somebody off or reacting to an employee lawsuit.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees, promote from within, reward your employees instead of threatening them. Embrace new technology. Do not mock past employees during agency meetings. It's juvenile.

Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to work with very knowledgeable and experience people.

ConsBehind times a bit.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid

Creative Director (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe office is in a good location.
    No one cares about you, which means you can not turn up and it won't cause waves.

ConsAll talk and no action.
    Culture of people protecting their backs.
    Top brass is a club.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about some planning heads that care about the office? Start being open minded to other people's perspectives. The teasing of past employees is a really bad look as well, makes you seem petty.

Numbers Driven, Corporate Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to learn sophisticated, numbers driven advertising. They work with some of the best marketers in the world in P&G and can teach you how businesses run.

ConsThis is not a creative agency. It's super corporate, structured and political. The account teams drive the business but ultimately the big clients dictate the work.

Incredibly difficult, incredible experience.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsLarge budgets, great brands and incredible work/talent

ConsMany aspects of the agency are stuck in the stone ages, it was also the most stressful job I have ever had.

Big Name Outside - Big Shortcomings Inside

New York, NY

ProsIf you'd like to have a big name on your resume this is the place to be. Also, the salary is very good compared to other smaller places. On more frivolous aspects, you get to have a wonderful city view. Besides these I cannot think of anything else positive.

ConsThis place is old school traditional advertising. Anyone with ideas outside the constraints of TV and print is most likely going to have a hard time flourishing in this environment. No sense of teamwork, the people that I worked with during my term had their own agenda and were not shy to step on others to get it across. The meaning of team work was only applicable when things went right. The workflow was absurdly obsolete, higher management got involved when they needed not to be creating obstacles and layers of unnecessary delays. Lack of diversity on higher roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of old dinosaurs with closed minds and don't be afraid to embrace new technology, trends and ideas. Believe in your employees and adapt to new efficient processes.

No wonder its never on a best agency list......

Free Lance Designer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEasy work, low expectations, you will RARILY stay late

ConsI have worked in various offices in other big named agencies across the city but this was easily the most dysfunctional office I have ever witnessed. There is no consistency in management. There are many managers that not only do not have a degree but also have never taken a management class during their 20 years at the company. Shirking is encouraged, talent is not utilized, and there is NO young blood. Doomed to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that don’t just have experience but also have learned to motivate employees. I have heard several upper level management talking negatively about employees in front of other employees! Also recognize young talent lord knows Saatchi needs it, instead all the young people just leave

Doesn't hold up to it's reputation!

Creative (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsSaatchi — has a great name in the industry...

Cons...but the truth — it's old, outdated, and lacks employee culture of any kind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind upper management that actually wants to engage with their employees and create a sense of community. One good about this company (besides the name) — you get to go home early because no one cares about what you're doing.

Watch out for turnover in field office positions...

Account Supervisor (Former Employee)

Pros- Nationally/globally recognized name in advertising
    - Prestigious account list
    - Access to all expected industry tools for research, media, etc.
    - Pay is fair/in line with what other agencies offer

Cons- Turnover in field offices is high
    - Disconnect between offices (NY to LA to field)
    - In field offices, overwhelming fear of being terminated with no warning (this happened to myself and at least one other employee with no verbal or written warning concerning job performance)
    - Lack of concern for schedules/planning for people in lower ranks

Worked for Saatchi & Saatchi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Saatchi & Saatchi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Saatchi & Saatchi CEO Kevin J. Roberts. All 104 reviews posted anonymously by Saatchi & Saatchi employees.