Saatchi & Saatchi X Reviews

Exciting, Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Executive Coordinator/Office Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Coordinator/Office Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Office Management, Great Annual Events, Great Benefits

Cons

Employees come and go. It's like a revolving door.

Make sure employee is knowledgeable of job description

EX Arky Xer

Former Employee - Art Director  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Art Director in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some great folks, some of the best I've ever met. Depending on the team you have an opportunity to do some amazing work, but you have to push. It teeters between a creative strategic lead agency and "account lead, give the client what they want" agency at times. You have the chance to drive which agency you want it to be. I felt a sense of family with my colleagues and the agency as a whole. Some genuine people work here. This a good place to jump into the industry. NWA is a very cool place to experience. The Ozarks are beautiful.

Cons

Easily shifts into a "good enough" atmosphere with some upper management coasting on the tails of their subordinates. In a lot of agencies this is expected and I started to see this more at SaatchiX. Because of the smaller market you have limited career growth within the area. Walmart and P&G work gets old.

Keep your agency a positive productive environment. Listen to everyone, not just the guys on top who know how to play the politics in their favor. Leaders elevate the people around them. They don't look for ways to compliment themselves in self preservation and they get involved in the work. Best wishes to you.

Breaking ground inside the store door.

Former Employee - Executive Creative Director  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Executive Creative Director in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for less than a year

Pros

An opportunity to take the consumer past the social and measured media, but the hand, up the aisle to make a buying decision.

Cons

Still working out the best how-tos.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful culture, tough clients - but that's the norm, overall great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People - feels like a true family team, compensation is more than typical agency pay, work/life balance - management outlook is work hard and get to your personal life which is extremely refreshing, greater than normal holiday schedule - helps force time off given us agency folk have a hard time actually using vacation.

Cons

All of the cons are to be expected qualities of working in the agency industry - if high stress, rollar coaster hours aren't something you thrive off of or even can handle, agency isn't the industry for you. Late nights in the office as a team are a more than average experience, But the nice thing about our team is that you're never doing that ALONE! We works as a true team.

Provide a heavier hand in new office launches.

Feels Like Family Here

Former Employee - Senior Art Director  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than a year

Pros

It felt like family working here. Great people. Great environment. Very caring. Talented people to work with.

Cons

They don't have other clients - mainly P&G for Walmart.

New Clients

Full of opportunity and challenges for those who are brave enough.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time

Pros

A true sense of family. As they say we work hard and play hard as well. It's a joy to work with so many talented and creative individuals.

Cons

As true in many agencies the egos and politics tend to get in the way. There is a lack of accountability and sometimes a fear to admit mistakes. CYA is a typical mindset.

Don't be afraid to take risks and try something different. Change is inevitable.

One of a kind

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

LOVE the people I work with and the company I work for. I've been here for a while now and have seen some great changes. I get to work for the most awarded shopper marketing company on huge brands that go in the world's largest retailer! Yeah, sometimes I work past 5, but it's not all the time like many ad agencies. When you sign up to work at an agency you should know that it's not always a 9-5 job. I guess it doesn't bother me as much as some because I enjoy my job and believe in loyalty when you find a place that's right.

S&SX has maintained the culture that originated from the former Thompson Murray, but have been able to grow the company exponentially. When I first came here from an above the line agency in a big city I didn't think I would grow much. But, I stuck with it and have grown tremendously both professionally and personally.

Like anything in life, it's up to you to make what you want of it. If you show passion and craft your talent they will be there for you no matter what...like family. Even the top leaders are the kind of people that will stop what they're doing to tell me hello and give me a hug. You can't find that many places.

Cons

Not always a 9-5 job. NOT for the faint of heart. If you don't love what you do, this isn't the place for you. We work hard and play hard. If you're not at the top of your game and always seeking the next big thing, you could get stuck in a rut.

Continue investing in talent and hiring only the best. And know that you are loved by the people you take care of.

Nice, but clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work side by side with
    Pleasant environment
    Most people know their job.

Cons

Most of the real talent has left or is planning to.
    Never ending work. A slow day is very rare. A grind.
    No growth opportunity what so ever.

Ignoring opportunity for growth will keep people leaving. A title change isn't growth.
    No recognition is given to exceptional talent.

Clueless

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X

Pros

Generous salary when hired, but then you are out of luck for either a raise or promotion unless you are from the Arkansas office.

Cons

Still trying to figure out what upper management does, other than worry about the frequent financial conference calls.

Worry more about advertising, less about the revenue goals.

Saatchi & Saatchi X, Chicago

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time

Pros

Some smart people. Some nice people to work with.

Cons

Needs much stronger account leadership. Who really knows how to motivate client.
    Needs more creative opportunities.

Place is a sweatshop. Creatives don't have much support and production help.

Worked for Saatchi & Saatchi X? Contribute to the Community!