Saatchi & Saatchi X Reviews

Saatchi & Saatchi X Worldwide CEO Dina Howell
Dina Howell

1. One of a kind

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

LOVE the people I work with and the company I work for. I've been here for a while now and have seen some great changes. I get to work for the most awarded shopper marketing company on huge brands that go in the world's largest retailer! Yeah, sometimes I work past 5, but it's not all the time like many ad agencies. When you sign up to work at an agency you should know that it's not always a 9-5 job. I guess it doesn't bother me as much as some because I enjoy my job and believe in loyalty when you find a place that's right.

S&SX has maintained the culture that originated from the former Thompson Murray, but have been able to grow the company exponentially. When I first came here from an above the line agency in a big city I didn't think I would grow much. But, I stuck with it and have grown tremendously both professionally and personally.

Like anything in life, it's up to you to make what you want of it. If you show passion and craft your talent they will be there for you no matter what...like family. Even the top leaders are the kind of people that will stop what they're doing to tell me hello and give me a hug. You can't find that many places.

Cons

Not always a 9-5 job. NOT for the faint of heart. If you don't love what you do, this isn't the place for you. We work hard and play hard. If you're not at the top of your game and always seeking the next big thing, you could get stuck in a rut.

Continue investing in talent and hiring only the best. And know that you are loved by the people you take care of.

2. Arkansas Razorback Good Ol' Boy's Club

Former Employee - Executive Coordinator in Springdale, AR
    Former Employee - Executive Coordinator in Springdale, AR

I worked at Saatchi & Saatchi X

Pros

Building itself is fun and innovative; Saatchi & Saatchi (parent company) is also an innovative company. Name is well-known and has good reputation.

Cons

Immature and Unprofessional Management - cussing, yelling and slamming doors are common. Many staff on a "need to know" basis and treated as though they are expendable. HIGH turnover rate.

SSX (formerly Thompson Murray in Arkansas) was put together by a group of good ol' boys (and 1 female) who happened to land a contract with P&G. Their growth story is amazing. Unfortunately, the senior staff's management skills did not grow with the company. While I was there I saw a lot of yelling, cussing slamming doors and throwing of items by VP's, CEO, COO. The term "born in a barn" seems to apply to them. It was the most unreal /unprofessional situation I've ever witnessed. Dina was not yet in charge when I left. I hope this has changed since she's come onboard.

3. A great place to work!

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X

Pros

Outstanding leadership, everyone is focused on doing Great Work. You can feel the positive energy in the building on a daily basis. People are approachable and always willing to answer questions. It's a work hard, play hard environment. It's a fun place to work!

Cons

The work is very fast paced, if you don't enjoy working in that kind of environment it could be a negative.

5. A lot of Work, Not a lot of Direction

Current Employee - Account Planner in Springdale, AR
    Current Employee - Account Planner in Springdale, AR

I have been working at Saatchi & Saatchi X

Pros

The people are smart, the businesses are interesting, and the atmosphere is fun and light-hearted. Everyone is good at what they do.

Cons

At least in the Account Planning department, there is no constructive feedback, and no idea if you are doing the job right. You are expected to hit the ground running. The work is way too much for the number of people in the department, and unreasonable deadlines are issued regularly.

You really need to re-assess the effectiveness and leadership of the senior management in every department.

Saatchi & Saatchi X Photos