Saba Software

Updated November 22, 2014
4.1

Saba Software President and CEO Shawn Farshchi
Shawn Farshchi

Pros
  • Work from home really gives you an option to manage personal and professional life better (in 27 reviews)

• Working from home and Flexible working hours (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a little tough but entirely up to the employee honestly (in 17 reviews)

• Highly unprofessional upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Still love my job after all these years!

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Saba attracts first rate people. I always been impressed and motivated by my colleagues. Management style is results focused, allowing for autonomy and flexibility. I've never worked in the same city as my direct manager but always experienced good direction, support and encouragement. Lastly working directly with customers on challenges related to people development is fascinating (at least for me).

Cons

Though working remotely is great in many ways, there are challenges. If you are not an HQ employee, you must put in some extra effort.

Work from home at least occasionally so you can relate better to the challenges faces by remote employees. Spend a week working from a satellite office (don't just go for a meeting). Leave RDWS now and then so you can relate to all the workforce.

Nov 21, 2014

Thank you for the thoughtful review, and your advice to management on "walking in your shoes" - it's powerful. Please reach out directly to me if there are ways we can engage with you during ... More

THE place to be if you are for a company that values its people and their contributions.

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, product, culture and a bright future. This company has all of the cohesiveness of a small organization but is much bigger. Communication is open and honest, and the company is committed to its people and clients. For the first time in many years and I feel I have joined a company that values its people, their talent and their contributions.

The product is amazing. It is reflective of the new world of work... people centric , intuitive and flexible... something not found in the competitive products in the same market space.

This company will allow me to grow professionally and intellectually. Everyday I am excited to begin work and embrace the challenges of making a difference for the company, my colleagues and our clients.

I consider myself very lucky to have recently become a part of this company.

Cons

Nothing that I have not seen worse in other places. To be sure, certain processes could be a bit more efficient....

Keep taking us forward.... Keep improving the product...

Oct 24, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Saba. I found one statement in particular to be very compelling " I feel I have joined a company that values its people, their talent and their ... More

One of the worst companies I've ever worked for, if not the worst!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Saba Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good location, decent benefits, free lunch

Cons

- Incompetent executive team (particularly those who've been with the company for over 2
      years)
    - Extremely toxic environment in the corporate office
    - Even though they claim to be a "talent management" company they don't know how to
      treat employees with respect and dignity (or simply don't care)
    - They dispose of good employees overnight for no apparent reason, so those who are not
      in the "inner circle" are constantly paranoid, thinking they'll be next.

Treat people with respect and dignity, especially if you claim to be a "talent management"company!

Nov 24, 2014

The situation described above is inconsistent with other views reflected here and within the company, and I hope is an isolated experience. Have you discussed or raised this with the management team ... More

Always have that resume ready to send...

Former Employee - Client Support
    Former Employee - Client Support

I worked at Saba Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits are decent, vacation time is generous.

Cons

Ineffective management, few points of contact in company to answer your questions, offshore internal team are sluggish, little chance for promotion, company training via video modules, help documentation is unorganized, cheap labor is favored, client retention not a concern....i can go on and on. Beware, the company IT jobs are shipping overseas.

there is nothing that could be said here except karma will not look on you favorably

Nov 24, 2014

You were with Saba longer than 5 years, and we appreciate your contributions with the company. I hope that the skills and experience you developed here will be a good leverage point for your future ... More

Ballot Box Stuffing? Post your Employee Survey results... Less than 50% would stay if offered a comparable position.

Former Employee - Advanced Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Advanced Support Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Saba Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The SEC issue has been resolved so I hope things will be better.

Cons

The SEC issue cost more in expenses than the companies expenses over a period of 2 years which may have been the reason for lack of employee manpower over the last 2+ years. This lack of proper staffing caused major issues within the company.

If your own employee ratings are low then don't mention Glassdoor ratings in financial wires.

Nov 21, 2014

It's a tribute to the people of Saba that we have been so successful despite the challenges of the financial audit, which we have fully cooperated with. I do want to clarify the implication that the ... More

Saba is looking up and moving forward!

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture has changed over the past 2 years. Internal groups are working together better to move the organization forward. Saba thinks outside the box with it's HR policies.
    Products are great. People are passionate and creative. Compensation is fair and many departments work remotely. Saba's tools enable employees to stay connected and work productively.

Cons

We still have room to improve, but I am confident we will get there. Saba is not for everyone. Pace is fast and workload is heavy. But seeing the end results makes it worth it.

Oct 24, 2014

Keep up the focus on working across the company to bring customers the best solutions - the hard work is paying off. It is "our time" at Saba. Thanks for being part of the Saba team and for taking ... More

Customer Sales Development

Current Employee - Customer Sales Development in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Sales Development in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product and leadership. Everyone is excited about where we are as a company and we use our product every day internally!

Cons

A lot of ambiguous territories; but it is getting better.

Keep up the momentum!

Oct 1, 2014

Your comments are right on - we pride ourselves on using our own solutions, and living our brand. This has empowered our own culture and makes it possible for us to understand our customer's ... More

Smart, Fun, Collaborative Company

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Start up culture without the Start up pain. If you are looking for a stable, innovative company with huge upside....this is your place. I've been fortunate to have worked and experienced some of the best companies, business models, cultures in the tech industry. Over time I've come to know what success looks like and all I can say is This company GETS it! There's something special going on here at Saba and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

* Global LMS Industry Leader and Talent Management Visionary
    * Open Door Policy - Management is very approachable and open to new ideas
    * Hot Market: Per Bersin by Deloitte research, 54% of organizations studied are considering purchasing new HR or TM technology over next 18 months
    * Best of Both Worlds: Cutting Edge R&D with strong Marketing/Sales Focus
    * Innovative solutions delivered on a highly scalable/stable cloud platform
    * Commitment to the Customer: Strong post sales and implementation support.
    * Above avg comp plan with attainable realistic goals
    * Excellent Health Benefits: For a family of 6 I can't tell you how huge this is!
    * Awesome People: no silo's here...everyone is very friendly and motivated to drive better solutions and processes with the sole focus of delivering the best possible customer experience.

Cons

No 401k match at the moment, but this could change quickly after restatement (targeted for q4 2014)

Proud to be here at Saba....keep doing what you are doing.

Nov 21, 2014

Proud that you are with us at Saba! Your review shows great insight into our business; thank you for the feedback. We offer very competitive benefits and pay plans offering, and yes, the 401(k ... More

Positive but Challenging

Former Employee - Field Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saba Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has long and valuable history in the Learning Management space. Large client base of quality logos indicative of this history. Cloud product is result of many years and many $$ invested to build truly new and different integrated talent management solution.

Cons

Challenging to deal with financial restatement issues and associated risk management concerns in competitive situations.

Stay focused and maintain course on behalf of employees and clients.

Incredible People, Products and Future!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work life balance is incredible. The resources available to a sales person is second to none. They give you all the tools to succeed, great training, great positive energy. Phenomenal leadership! Even as a remote employee, I still feel part of my team. Compensation is great as are the benefits!

Cons

none - Normally, I'd be able to poke holes in many aspects but this place is amazing. top to bottom they make you feel valued, supported and able to accomplish whatever you feel!

Keep doing what you're doing!

Sep 18, 2014

We've made a focus on sales enablement and customer success two major tenants of our culture, very glad to know that your experience is in line with this. Thank you for sharing!
    --Gina Cruse