Saba Software Reviews

Reset

Positive but Challenging

Former Employee - Field Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Saba Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has long and valuable history in the Learning Management space. Large client base of quality logos indicative of this history. Cloud product is result of many years and many $$ invested to build truly new and different integrated talent management solution.

Cons

Challenging to deal with financial restatement issues and associated risk management concerns in competitive situations.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and maintain course on behalf of employees and clients.

Smart, Fun, Collaborative Company

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Start up culture without the Start up pain. If you are looking for a stable, innovative company with huge upside....this is your place. I've been fortunate to have worked and experienced some of the best companies, business models, cultures in the tech industry. Over time I've come to know what success looks like and all I can say is This company GETS it! There's something special going on here at Saba and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

* Global LMS Industry Leader and Talent Management Visionary
    * Open Door Policy - Management is very approachable and open to new ideas
    * Hot Market: Per Bersin by Deloitte research, 54% of organizations studied are considering purchasing new HR or TM technology over next 18 months
    * Best of Both Worlds: Cutting Edge R&D with strong Marketing/Sales Focus
    * Innovative solutions delivered on a highly scalable/stable cloud platform
    * Commitment to the Customer: Strong post sales and implementation support.
    * Above avg comp plan with attainable realistic goals
    * Excellent Health Benefits: For a family of 6 I can't tell you how huge this is!
    * Awesome People: no silo's here...everyone is very friendly and motivated to drive better solutions and processes with the sole focus of delivering the best possible customer experience.

Cons

No 401k match at the moment, but this could change quickly after restatement (targeted for q4 2014)

Advice to Management

Proud to be here at Saba....keep doing what you are doing.

Nov 21, 2014

Proud that you are with us at Saba! Your review shows great insight into our business; thank you for the feedback. We offer very competitive benefits and pay plans offering, and yes, the 401(k ... More

Very good company to work with.

I have been working at Saba Software full-time

Pros

- All are accessible from down to up.
    - Flexibility in time.
    - Good food at office.
    - Good learning environment.

Cons

No Cons as of Now.

Incredible People, Products and Future!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work life balance is incredible. The resources available to a sales person is second to none. They give you all the tools to succeed, great training, great positive energy. Phenomenal leadership! Even as a remote employee, I still feel part of my team. Compensation is great as are the benefits!

Cons

none - Normally, I'd be able to poke holes in many aspects but this place is amazing. top to bottom they make you feel valued, supported and able to accomplish whatever you feel!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Sep 18, 2014

We've made a focus on sales enablement and customer success two major tenants of our culture, very glad to know that your experience is in line with this. Thank you for sharing!
    --Gina Cruse

Great culture, great company, great people - It is our time!

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my short tenure is seems that Saba leadership truly wants and tries to understand its employees, they possess a clear / concise strategic corporate vision and they provide me with the available tools and resources to get things done and plan for the future.

Cons

Id be nitpicking if I had any cons... still pretty new. Uhh, I hate traffic and I would like to work less for more pay,

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Best People Ever

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Culture, Culture,. Wise leadership and a culture by people for people. And, they have an amazingly powerful Talent Management Solution, I live on it everyday and it makes my work life so much easier and more efficient than I could have dreamt up on my own.

Cons

Some SaaS tools from a 3rd party that rhymes with icrosoft, are just inefficient and wish we had something else to use.

Advice to Management

If something seems expensive, it's probably because it's great and making us millions of dollars, there's other ways to lower TCO, don't scrimp on the way money get's in the door.

Excellent company to grow with!

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best part of Saba life is it's flexible work time, work life balance, and supportive community. Working from home allows you the flexibility to manage professional and personal responsibility better. Any concerns or needs are always addressed and resolved quickly.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Sep 18, 2014

We appreciate your sharing your experience at Saba and are glad to have you grow with us!

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is focused on making sure the customer is happy.
    Great U/I for the customer.
    Customers love our software.
    Great place to work everyone is very helpful and wants you to succeed.

Cons

I've only been here a little of six months and I was a little overwhelmed at first with the depth of the product but not any more. I really haven't seen any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!

10. There is something happening here

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Saba has always had a lot going for it. Considered an innovative leader in LMS, strong frontline talent, great product vision, marquee customers But there were challenges in leadership,overall strategy, and a engineering driven culture. Over the past year there has been a dramatic shift through competent leadership, focused strategy centered around customer satisfaction, and disciplined approach that has transformed the organization in a way that I didn't think was possible. During a rough time Saba lost some great talent and it is encouraging to see some of that talent come back. There is a positive energy and momentum building that feels like the beginning of an unstoppable wave. It seems to me that we have everything to really take the market by storm: the right leadership, an incredible solution that is engaging, powerful, and easy to use, talent that is motivated to succeed, and a market that I think is ready. I am impressed with what has been achieved over the last year and I am excited about where things are going.

Cons

No company is perfect and all come with challenges. There are still pockets of an older mindset that is less collaborative and less willing to be part of the team. Management can lean toward micro-managing and over-prescriptive behavior. As things are building the feeling is that there is a constant tinkering with sales models and teams that leads towards a greater sense of instability. Although comp plans have made great strides I don't believe they are there yet. There is a feeling of being pulled in a thousand directions.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path and focusing on Customer Satisfaction. For Sales Professionals create stability in territory, comp plans, and product focus. Listen to how customers and prospective customers view and differentiate our solutions vs are competitors. Finally when things are working don't tinker with it till you break it.

Company steering in the right direction !!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership: CEO Shawn Farshchi has been a great leader changing the company from one with a lot of silos to one with a common goal of making the best cloud based talent/learning company.
    Cloud: "Necessity is the mother of Innovation". Best opportunity to see and learn in real time all the challenges of working in a cloud company.
    People: Nice and open culture where you play ping pong with the VP and directors..
    Technical: Technical bar across the company is really high, which makes it a great place to build great things and learn from your peers

Cons

Lots of custom frameworks intermingled with bleeding edge technology. Takes a bit of time to get a grasp on things.

Advice to Management

Kudos on the work culture and the achievements.

RSS Feed </> Embed