Saba Software

Updated October 4, 2014
4.1

Saba Software President and CEO Shawn Farshchi
Shawn Farshchi

Pros
  • Work from home really gives you an option to manage personal and professional life better (in 27 reviews)

• Working from home and Flexible working hours (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a little tough but entirely up to the employee honestly (in 17 reviews)

• Highly unprofessional upper management (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Empowered

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Saba Software

Pros

Great co-workers, empowered to achieve your goals and/or transform the business by implementing your ideas, diversity, competent CEO, transparency, management open to new ideas, competitive with desire to win.

Cons

If you are not the kind of person that enjoys working hard and playing hard you may not enjoy this environment. Expectations are to make continuous contributions in a fluid work environment.

Bring on team members who want to win in the market

Best company I've worked for in my 20 year professional career.

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great people. I was always impressed with the people I worked with at Saba when I was on the client side but I was even more impressed when I moved internally. From day one I've been treated as an integral part of the organization where my thoughts and opinions matter. I have the opportunity to influence the organization strategically, as well as the product. I'm challenged on a daily basis and rewarded for my contributions. Our product continues to get better with each release and the strategic vision of the current management team is as impressive as I've seen.

Cons

Challenging work on a daily basis. The autonomy that leads to empowerment can also be lonely at times. If you aren't a person who can work on your own then Saba might not be the best place for you.

Continue to recognize the individuals within and promote them appropriately to keep the team in tact that is making the product so good.

Aug 15, 2014

Great recap of your experience at Saba; this is helpful insight for anyone considering joining Saba in understanding our culture. We do bring talented, highly skilled people in their respective ... More

Great people, great opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Saba is small enough to give you plenty of opportunities to take on projects and be recognized. It's big enough so that these can be very significant. The culture is honest, open, and Shawn really listens.

Cons

Like any company in tech, there is lots of change and sometimes that's tough.

We could use a few more people all around. Trying to do a little too much with people we have.

Jul 16, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Saba. Your hard work is appreciated! As Saba grows, we will add more talented people.

Hostile work environment

I worked at Saba Software full-time

Pros

Virtual work environment is a positive and allows freedoms, however, email overload and virtual meetings occurances are out of control.

Cons

Compensation plans are structured to be difficult to make money, hard to understand and favor the company over the employee.

Treat your employees better and you will get better results.

Aug 25, 2014

The heading on this comment is quite concerning and out of line with the experiences others have described at Saba. We have an open door culture, which we take very seriously, and we provide a ... More

The best company to work for and the best people to work with

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Never in my my 25+ years of professional work have I come across a company culture like Saba's. The people are so happy and enthusiastic to come into work, drive success for the customers, and for the business. It is quite evident that the employees are working towards common goals as shown through the level of teamwork. Many companies are silted and riddled with politics. I have not yet experienced that here. The company is transforming and hiring for both the best talent and the right culture fit. Being part of a company where everybody is operating as a unified team is an experience I have never been a part of before. I have been here 4 months now and every day I'm thankful to be here and to work in a company that thrives on creating a culture of high functioning, motivated, positive team players.

Cons

None I can think of at this time

Saba is an Innovative Employer

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Newly flattened hierarchy, CEO Open Door Policy (genuine), Generous and Flexible Home Office Policy

Cons

Company has a rapidly changing Leadership Team (hopefully settling now), Incoherent Staffing levels.

Make it clear to staff why reductions occur.

Aug 15, 2014

Great feedback; thank you. We have made many moves to streamline the organization and focus on customer satisfaction along with our unified talent management offering. Occasionally, this has ... More

Very positive outlook

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time

Pros

Things are headed in the right direction to undo the action of past leadership, and the future is bright. Good work life balance which is important to the management team.

Cons

Over all benefits package could be better, but that is the same with most companies. Get out of restatement and improve 401k and start stock purchase program again.

Grow your resources that you have.

Excellent management and excellent product

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CEO is a great leader. Great work atmosphere. Very much a different company under Shawn's leadership. A strategy has been put in place and the company is following through. Product is full suite, single code base and unified user interface, so does not require integrating multiple purchased products like other vendors. Strong commitment to customer success. Plenty of opportunities to grow your career and internal mobility is encouraged.

Cons

Biggest issue is market perception, but that is turning the corner, too Solution is talent management, but the company is still perceived as a learning company.

Jul 16, 2014

Great feedback - thank you for sharing.

Good Company with a bright future

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Saba Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Focus on talent and the opportunity to increase skill sets and work on projects you are interested in
    -Solid strategy for staying marketable and relevant
    -Good management with clear communication

Cons

-Some teams are hard to work with
    -While this seems to be changing there is still a silo approach to how some departments run their shop

Solid company, exciting growth, very talented workforce

I have been working at Saba Software

Pros

Exciting and rewarding work place that allows those willing to step up to the challenge, the opportunity to excel. The opportunities are endless to work with the very best of companies and talent.

Cons

Nobody said it was easy and at times it is hard to balance work and family but this continues to improve.

Keep looking ahead, continue to grow the staff to meet the challenges and get the restatement behind us!