Sabre Reviews in Tulsa, OK

Updated May 29, 2014
3.3

Sabre President and CEO Tom Klein
Tom Klein

Pros
  • Very good work/life balance with all the benefits of remote work (in 59 reviews)

• Flexible work from home policy but hear that it might be changing soon (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little regard for work-life balance overall and compensation is below market (in 25 reviews)

• Sabre was not flexible in terms of working options, for instance work from home (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Sabre full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Active software development company. Develops some leading edge products; allows employees a certain amount of freedom to be creative in the development process. Military-friendly. Took good care of me when I was mobilized and deployed.

Cons

Very political and bureaucratic. Upper Mgmt focuses on the bottom line and not the individuals associated with that bottom line. Middle mgmt seems to be in tune with the workers, but upper mgmt completely out of touch with what it takes to deliver a product.

Better understanding of what is involved in delivering products to the customer would serve the company well.

Someone whos been there

Former Employee - Spoc  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Spoc in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Sabre full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Perhaps change has crept in to their managemernt and perhaps they have managed to raise the level they treat those who are genuinely desiring to facilitate change. I know they have moved locations and are still in business.

Cons

A lack of insitefull leadership left over from the American Airlines era. No perspective of looking at how far more successfull compaive good service to the customernies do it. No desire to facilitate posotive change. Unable to understand the customer and thus g

None given because none was ever followed in the past. Of the companies I have worked for, the leadership at SABRE the management was the least able to keep up with current practices and understand and cater to the needs of it's customers, with no desire to change that.

Not a place for TPF advancement

Current Employee - Senior Programmer - TPF  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer - TPF in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Sabre

Pros

Sabre is a good place for people on the move. It can provide opportunities for 5 to 10 years of growth.

Cons

Sabre is not a place for a lifetime career since it as the tendency to keep one in a niche and not provide for lateral movement between skill sets or business units.

Find a way to break out of the habit of locking in employees to specific systems for life. If you really believe that in depth system knowledge is essential for the company then provide compensation for those willing to do the work needed to maintain these systems.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice for a while but not a career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Sabre

Pros

the travel industry is undergoing major changes and IT is capable of providing much needed support during these changes. The work is fast paced and can be interesting.

Cons

The new owner, private equity, seem to follow the PE maxim "what's min is mine and what's yours is mine" when it comes to employee benefits.

You need to consider long time employees as a valued asset and treat them as such. All your recent benefit changes seem to be made at the expense of senior employees. Also, I think Sabre needs to find a way to be at the forefront of a new way of offshoring work. I think having development being done by handoff from India to the US would allow for up to 16 hours a day development and better code due to the different way these cultures would look at each others code.

Worked for Sabre? Contribute to the Community!