Saddleback College

www.saddleback.edu

Saddleback College Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Large gap between upper level and lower level employees

Project Specialist (Former Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsNice people, beautiful campus, great location. I loved the impact my project had on the people who it was for. There were great social events as well, lunches and get togethers that allowed me to interact with other employees.

ConsNot really much room for advancement, hard to get ideas heard or approved. Also being a temporary employee, the union extremely limited the status of my employment (ie if you are not a permanent employee, you cannot work a full work week and are only allowed to work a certain number of days and hours per year).

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the peons. They have good ideas.

Nice environment, if you can handle the red tape

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsBenefits are excellent, permanent employees are afforded job security

ConsManagement is out of touch with staff and students, bureaucracy is unwieldy, shared governance groups on campus make change nearly impossible and spend most of their time battling for power. People are undervalued and performance is rarely recognized--lazy folks get away with not doing much work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the bureaucracy as much as possible and streamline operations--we don't need 8 committee meetings to get a single thing done!

Worked for Saddleback College? Contribute to the Community!