Safavieh LLC Reviews

Michael Yaraghi

1. Overall a great company to work for, depending on what you make of it

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Safavieh for a little over 3 years as a Sales Admin. The company is family owned which makes it unique in many ways, especially for a company its size. The owners of the business are very hands on and engage with employees on a regular basis, as opposed to vacationing in the Bahamas or being locked up in a big executive office. The atmosphere is very laid back with no enforced dress code. Despite this, employees still take their job seriously and maintain a high level of professionalism. The company is definitely growing and has made strides in improving quality of life for its employees (improving benefits every year, did a major renovation to the office, added a huge kitchen/break room, etc..). The building itself is situated in a really nice office park, great for taking walks, also picnic benches outside to eat lunch on. Every employee has the chance to excel within the company, but it all really depends on what you put into it.

Cons

As other reviewers have mentioned, things get very hectic during the 4th quarter. This is the busy season for the company and it can get a bit stressful at times (depending on which department you work in). The benefits are fair (not terrible, but could be better).

Advice to Management

Continue to improve your benefit package, otherwise I’d say you’re headed in the right direction.

2. Great Opportunity!

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Port Washington office for 5 years as a data analyst for Safavieh. The atmosphere at work was always very pleasant and I met a lot of good contacts both within my office and throughout the industry. They are a family business and they treat everyone like they are family. When I got married and had to move away, they even helped me find another job with a company they had done business with.

Cons

When the busy season would come, sometimes it could get very fast paced and crazy and could get overwhelming with the amount of work that's put on each person. The commute in and out of work was difficult. They didn't offer dental.

Advice to Management

Increase the number of staff in the office in the busy season to pick up the workload. Offer more benefits like dental. Make the vending machine free.

3. Endless Opportunities, Fast Growing, & Such Beautiful Home Decor items

Current Employee - Sales in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company & so much opportunity to grow here! I've worked in a couple industries before this (eg. Investment banking and Sales) in which both I have never had a chance to meet with anyone that was titled the CEO/Principal/Founder of a company. At Safavieh, you have the opportunity to speak your voice right in front of the founders of Safavieh. They always keep their door open to make sure that their employees know that they can come in at anytime to showcase what they have to say. As long as you work hard, meet your deadlines, and do more than what you are suppose to do then you will be rewarded tremendously for it. It really is however you make it to be!

Cons

The nearest Starbucks was like .4 miles away. I'm a huge coffee fanatic...Starbucks is crucial for me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I love how I see Safavieh in almost every online store that i love to shop, in addition to all over social media. It's truly amazing to see how much has changed.

5. Hard to Handle

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time

Pros

east commute not far from 2 nice towns nice area to work most of the non management people are nice to work with

Cons

disrespectful, manipulative, management. they like internal strife. Way to many family members that are unqualified for the positions they are "given" and certainly not earned

6. Mediocre Company

Former Employee - NONE in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - NONE in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pro's. The commute is far from the city and parking is not very good

Cons

No parking as the lot is full all the time. The pay is very low and most positions are entry level. The business is family owned so the best jobs go to family. There is no structure as each dept. is loosely organized. Most people leave after one year so there are no experienced employee's. You got to ask for a raise; very low, only $2.00. No vacation time, health insurance expensive, and most people are angry. Advice, don't apply.

Advice to Management

Change your attitude, pay regular wages and offer benefits.

WORST POSSIBLE EMPLOYER

I have been working at Safavieh LLC full-time

Pros

Most of the poor people working there are there because of the economy Some are genuinely talanted and nice people

Cons

This company likes negative combative employees. The nice ones suffer because they need a job. I was a manager of a store and I know for a fact everyone is compensated differently. The men get hire pay in the design and managerial positions. Dictatorship type management stye. It is amazing how they have gotten away with it this long.

Advice to Management

I have learned you cannot give advice to this Management, especially top management. They will not listen

8. Sales Assistant

I worked at Safavieh LLC

Pros

it was alright but focused too much on expansion.

Cons

Hiring too many people and not making each individual worker grow.

9. potentially the best furniture , difficult industry

Former Employee - Interior Design Team Coordinator in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Interior Design Team Coordinator in White Plains, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful furniture, pride on a clean, visually superior and exciting location

Cons

Long hours, including weekends, driven by a commission based income

Advice to Management

Offer base salary, more flexible schedule

3 weeks at Safavieh

Former Employee - Sales Consultant - Rugs in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant - Rugs in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Safavieh LLC

Pros

Easy on-boarding process. The employees are extremely helpful and easy to get along with.

Cons

Too easy on-boarding. I worked for Safavieh for 3 weeks without ever filing any paperwork. What they offered me during my second interview was completely different then what they planned to offer me when I actually got the position. It was a sales job and originally I was planned base salary + commission at 6%. However, I ended up with draw salary + 2% commission. According to their regressions, they predicted that 2% would be enough because of the amount of traffic the store will eventually get.

Advice to Management

The on-boarding process should be much more professional.

Hard time ye be doing here

Former Employee - Assistant to Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant to Sales Manager

I worked at Safavieh LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a bathroom... unfortunately it resembles one from Shea stadium.

Cons

Cons eh? You know what. .that is a great word to use. I feel conned.

Advice to Management

Eat lots of trans fats and salt

RSS Feed </> Embed